Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 12:31 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Welcome to Bazaar-o-world .... where plutonium is good for you, and CO2 is a deadly substance that threatens mankind and the future of planet earth.

You really can't make this stuff up ... it's beyond imagination how living, breathing human beings can become so insanely stupid as to believe this "don't worry, be happy" routine as the overlords destroy the economy and the physical health of people, in broad daylight.

In George Orwell's wildest imagination could he have anticipated what we see today ... or he'd have included it in 1984.
GuyNTexas, what I find hilarious is that in our Western country, being extra precautious and skeptical of the government earns you ridicule and mockery from your fellow citizens. I don't get why people feel the need to mock you or personally attack you if you take precautions from disasters. I wonder how many people believed the government when they said that the New Orleans levees were high enough, that the Titanic was an unsinkable ship, that no one could attack America. It's the same story throughout history. Someone with "credibility" would say one thing, and another thing almost always happens. I've learned enough by now that just because someone has Dr. or Sen. or President before their first name, doesn't make them infallible.

The feds also say that al-Qaeda is our number one enemy because of 9/11, and now they are our ally in Libya, but also our enemy in Afghanistan. And you think why me, along with so many Texans, don't believe the government anymore. And now we have the OP, saying that all that radiation is ok, when he probably laughed at Ann Coulter when her stupid butt said that radiation is good for you. Just like when Blackboard said that sodium fluoride is good for you " just give me buckets of the stuff!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2011, 01:09 AM

15,069 posts, read 8,629,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
Having been trained in medical physics to some extent, I read the data and I think the levels of radioactive isotopes in drinking water, milk, and even rainwater are safe for awhile at 18100% above their arbitrary legal limit. The government mandated levels are much lower because if these higher levels existed persistently, it probably won't be safe. But if the radiation leak is contained within the next few months and there is no further worsening of the conditions at Fukushima (i.e no further large release, such as from a large scale explosion) I think there isn't much to worry about. Just don't drink milk, rainwater, or eat higher order seafood products if you are worried or pregnant. I'm more worried about cesium than iodine due to slow half life. That's the one number I'd watch but so far it is still underwhelming.
Now that is the trouble in a nutshell, isn't it? How are you going to watch out for something that the naked eye can't see? In the case of plutonium, which has been found outside of the reactors in Japan, even standard radiation detection equipment won't detect plutonium.

To say that there is an immediate and serious danger to the US mainland from the Japanese disaster would be an exaggeration, but at the same time, the current situation is far from over, and millions of gallons of highly radioactive water is being released into the Pacific Ocean, of which the ramifications are immeasurable. As the health of the Oceans dictate the health of the entire biosphere. Dismissing the threat of radioactive release at the levels seen now, and may become worse, is total scientific arrogance.

Continued venting of radioactive fallout into the atmosphere could continue for a LONG TIME if not dealt with effectively ... and yes, atmospheric radiation distributed and coming down with rain can absolutely pose health risks globally, and for decades.

The consequences to Japan are already very severe, and could result in countless deaths in the future, along with dead zones that are uninhabitable for generations.

The danger posed by this is not easily measured ... with damage caused not seen for years after exposure. So it's really a pure fraud that the "authorities" are dismissing it as no big deal. It is a big deal ... the damage won't be seen for years, and by then, no one will associate the increases in cancer to this event, which will be a historical footnote. That's what they are relying on ... the lack of immediate consequences gives them leave to make whatever claim they care to make.

Old 04-06-2011, 01:22 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,928,784 times
This is what I am curious about...: what is the land area of the island of Japan? What is the land area of the Chernobyl metro area? When the other shoe finally drops and and... well, you know, it all comes out in the wash... what then? How much of Japan exactly will be considered habitable in say six months? Think it's hard to find work now?

H

Old 04-06-2011, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
GuyNTexas, what I find hilarious is that in our Western country, being extra precautious and skeptical of the government earns you ridicule and mockery from your fellow citizens. I don't get why people feel the need to mock you or personally attack you if you take precautions from disasters. I wonder how many people believed the government when they said that the New Orleans levees were high enough, that the Titanic was an unsinkable ship, that no one could attack America. It's the same story throughout history. Someone with "credibility" would say one thing, and another thing almost always happens. I've learned enough by now that just because someone has Dr. or Sen. or President before their first name, doesn't make them infallible.

The feds also say that al-Qaeda is our number one enemy because of 9/11, and now they are our ally in Libya, but also our enemy in Afghanistan. And you think why me, along with so many Texans, don't believe the government anymore. And now we have the OP, saying that all that radiation is ok, when he probably laughed at Ann Coulter when her stupid butt said that radiation is good for you. Just like when Blackboard said that sodium fluoride is good for you " just give me buckets of the stuff!"
I got some news for you ... Al Qaeda has always been their "ally" ... including September 11, 2001. There was no divorce on the morning of 911 ... no lover's quarrel between the PTB and their boogie men they created in the 1970's.

This reality is considered too far fetched by many because it conflicts directly with the reality they believe in. These people simply have no real knowledge of history, therefore they cannot see the connections. They see only what is presented to them by their trusted sources, and the reality that has been created for them through the media, school, associates, and family is the only reality they are willing to consider.

If those trusted sources tell them radiation is good, that's exactly what they will believe. IF they are told fluoride is good for them, they'll make sure to demand fluoride in the water. If they are told that aluminum airplanes can slice through steel skyscrapers, and cause 110 story steel structures to disintegrate into a pile of twisted beams and pulverized concrete ... that's exactly what happened.

How else can one explain why mothers and fathers will allow their children to be injected with viruses starting the moment they are born? They believe what they are told, and they will NEVER believe anything contradicting that, no matter what evidence is presented.

There are exceptions, and once in a while, there are those types that can shake off the programming when presented evidence they find compelling ... but those are the extreme minority. The majority either see it or they don't.

It's like a good magic trick ... very entertaining until you actually see how the trick is accomplished. Once you see how it's done ... it isn't the least bit entertaining after that. Same is true here ... once you see through the illusion, it's totally exposed forever. You can't put the toothpaste back in the tube, and you can't un-know something. Yet, we've all experienced that strange situation where you are searching for an item ... but you can't find it ... where the heck is it ... searching and searching ... then boom, there it is ... and it was right there in front of you the whole time.

Old 04-06-2011, 02:02 AM

37,800 posts, read 41,003,240 times
So, okay then, fruits and vegetables from California off the shopping list.

Old 04-06-2011, 06:05 AM

3,172 posts, read 6,745,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post

good post.
Add to that list:

JFK,
the Gulf of Tonkin,
Building 7,
safe to drink/smoke while pregnant,
pot is bad for you, but legal heroin oxycodone is okay
a little radiation in your diet is okay, drink up, it's good for you,
WMDs

and so on...

Old 04-06-2011, 10:05 AM

How about this ... radioactive dirt and the cold cream experiment!

YouTube - Shocking 1950's Commercial!

So, the radiation foolishness is really nothing new. Looking back, it seems pretty crazy to contaminate dirt and apply it to a woman's face to prove the effectiveness of freaking cold cream.

50 years from now, people will look back at the craziness going on today and say ... "what were those idiots thinking?"

Old 04-06-2011, 10:09 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,928,784 times
Anyone besides me think this argument is turning surreal? GNT... post #60! Bang on. But now you lose me... I mean... how do you get from there to 911? Did you know a 10 human baby acquires 302 lb/ft of energy in a 30mph accident? How much kinetic energy do you think an aluminum jetliner full of adults acquires? Enough to destroy a skyscraper? Probably not. Thats why they made sure the planes were fully loaded with 10,000 gallons of aviation kerosene. Know how many tons of TNT in that amount of fuel? Probably as much as a dirty bomb and no nuclear fallout. Not that they cared but nuclear technology is kind of hard to come by on the street. As we know, it is not impossible to acquire more convention weapons of mass destruction if one can think outside the box. And Laura... not just California but Oregon, Washington, Idaho and eventually a farm near you. The whole world is going to feel the effects but the whole world will put it off to poor diet and lack of exercise like we do all the dying and death that is going on right now from man-made causes.

H

Old 04-06-2011, 10:10 AM

This is the reality

YouTube - Media whitewalsh of Radiation Dangers at An All Time High! - Alex Jones Tv

Old 04-06-2011, 10:16 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,407,529 times
Default We're missing the biggest threat of radiation...

Y'all are posting about deformed babies and cancer epidemics and poisoned food and water, but everybody has forgotten that GODZILLA came out of the sea near Japan, created by radiation. That dude can really tear up a town, and if Mothra returns, the damages will bankrupt the global financial system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies