Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2011, 05:12 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times

Advertisements

YouTube - Phony Navy SEAL Mark Anthony Niemczyk Pastor Terry Jones. Fake Fraud Phony Military Impostor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 05:20 PM

37,177 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
There's literally dozens of examples of Muslims burning the Bible; google and youtube are your friend. Can you show me the links to "Southern Baptists" killing Muslims over this? Neo Progs always have to bring Christianity into anything bad that a Muslim does. Leftist PC Group Think is rotting your brain.
I don't need a link, dearie. Come down here to South Carolina and I'll introduce you to a number of them, some of them relatives of mine. I grew up Southern Baptist. Some of the Bible-thumping troglodytes openly profess their hatred of Muslims, and from where I sit and watch, you probably couldn't tell them from the Muslims if you wrote down the words of both groupsand translated them into a neutral language.

If you have never been around real Southern Baptists, you shouldn't comment on them.

BTW - I have Muslim friends. When my Father was in te V.A. hospital ten years back, one of the best attendants he had was a Muslim and a gentleman. We are still friends. We have different beliefs, but that doesn't mean a thing.

Old 04-05-2011, 05:26 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,190,417 times
A perfect example of freedom of speech.

Old 04-05-2011, 05:27 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,478,235 times
This guy's is like Fred Phelps only for Muslims.

Old 04-05-2011, 05:28 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times
Mohammed's been dead for something like 1400 years - how could a dead man be tried?

Old 04-05-2011, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Mohammed's been dead for something like 1400 years - how could a dead man be tried?
Posthumously...

Old 04-05-2011, 05:48 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
A perfect example of freedom of speech.
I think he makes a good point comparing the burning of the quran to burning of the cross (which I am sure you also support). Sure, burn the cross and if someone smacks you in the back of the head with a basball bat, you scream "see, I told you how they are".

Old 04-05-2011, 05:55 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Posthumously...
So how could they punish him? Not to mention that Jones' "court" has no authority. If Jones tried to sue Mohammed's descendants (who are pretty large in number, Jones himself could be a descendant of Mohammed) any judge would throw it out of court.

Old 04-05-2011, 05:59 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,126,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
The only thing that cost the lives of innocent people were the people who murdered them. When you assert that he is somehow responsible for the violence that a group of Muslims perpetrated you are indeed asserting he's guilty of murder.
Let me put it in terms that even a moral caveman can understand.

1) He knows that if the burns the Qu'ran in public, that someone, somewhere, will be subjected to violence and probably killed as a direct result of his actions. That they are crazy, homocidal barbarians doesn't change the fact that he knows this.

2) He does it anyway, despite pleas from just above everyone with a conscience.

Quote:
That's preposterous. Muslims are not children or animals that we must protect from criticism lest they react like temper tantrum throwing monkeys. They're grown ups. They have to act like grown ups or they have no right to complaint when we think of them as children and animals.
The only person I see advocating this position is you. Apparently you don't see how it is possible for both the muslims and the pastor to be responsible to a relative degree. That the radical muslims are murderous barbarians doesn't take a thing away from how much of a tool this so-called pastor is.

Quote:
The pastor's protest is a valid form of protest. He doesn't need absolution.
So, there was no moral choice he made when he decided to do this, knowing full well what the results would be.

Or perhaps worse, got the results he really wanted.

Last edited by Strel; 04-05-2011 at 06:14 PM..

Old 04-05-2011, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
So how could they punish him? Not to mention that Jones' "court" has no authority. If Jones tried to sue Mohammed's descendants (who are pretty large in number, Jones himself could be a descendant of Mohammed) any judge would throw it out of court.
He would not be actually putting Mohammed on trial in a real court just in his church. It would just be another grandiose action for reasons that you would have to ask Jones about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies