Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2011, 09:00 AM

175 posts, read 302,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Another know it all. You know exactly what he was told, you know exactly what he was thinking, you know exactly everything.

Did you know it was his constitutional right?
Never said I knew everything. However, I am in the military and when he was threatening to do this in the first place everyone here was talking about the warning he received not to do this. I can't predict all his thinking but as he verbally received the warning of potential consequences it should've been somewhere in that head of his.

I know it was his constitutional right. But just because you have the right to do something, doesn't mean you should.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2011, 09:04 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,079,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Maybe there should be a law against undermining war efforts of the US military. If there was such law, this guy would be guilty of it. The US military goes through a lot of trouble trying to win the hearts and minds over there, only to be undermined,or shattered by a lunatic like this. His supporters here on CD would probably approve it if he used hit 1st amendment rights to broadcast US troop movements too.
I think you're kinda reaching there. How was he undermining war efforts?

Old 04-06-2011, 09:05 AM

39,860 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Anyone here not think about 50 jihadists are looking for a ticket to Florida?

Keep poking the wasp nest. The guy may be correct in denouncing jihadism, but the does not mean he is not one going to become a Darwin Award winner.
Why is it when some dumb-azz blows themselves up for radical Islam he's a martyr, yet when someone is killed for protesting the actions of radical Islam, he's a Darwin Award winner?

Old 04-06-2011, 09:06 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,079,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Yet ironically many more people throughout the course of history have died under atheist rule than any religion.

Back on topic, what makes this pastor "radical?" I always see that as a Neo Prog buzzword to marginalize anyone that they disagree with. Muhammad was a blood thirsty pedophile.
Links, please.

Old 04-06-2011, 09:06 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,126,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
I think you're kinda reaching there. How was he undermining war efforts?
General Petraeus certainly thinks so, and he's in a better position to know, isn't he?

Old 04-06-2011, 09:08 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,201,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Who is "innocent"?

Those who died put themselves in harm's way. The UN workers by serving in such an area - and it's truly unfortunate that they lost their lives by dong so - and those at the protests who know that the more extreme amongst them are just looking for an excuse to express their anger by killing anything that moves. My sympathy and compassion lies to some extent with the former. For the latter I say "Good riddance!"

For those feeling angst at the deaths of savages protesting the burning of paper a world away, I'd say your compassion is misplaced.
Here we go again........

The UN workers were there doing a job. They were the "innocents" I was referring to. They did not precipitate the incident nor did they have any input into the situation that claimed their lives. Who's to say they are "guilty" just by taking a job somewhere that "put them in harm's way". Do you have any compassion for the steel worker who falls to his death from the 18th floor of the building he is working on? He, too, "put himself in harm's way". You could just as easily say the sexily dressed woman hanging out at a bar and then traversing a dark parking lot alone to her car is "guilty" for "putting herself in harm's way" when some lowlife comes out and attacks her.

I have no sympathy for jihadists who die while carrying out their "mission" nor have I ever indicated such. Violent jihadists with their sense of adoration for a mass-produced book are not on my "compassion list".

I have not seen anyone point a finger of blame to Hamid Karzai for publicizing this Koran burning event to the entire country. Had he not done so, there is little likelihood any of the masses would have ever known about it. One wonders at what his motivation must have been.

Old 04-06-2011, 09:09 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,833,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Pastor Terry Jones: 'I may put Mohammed on trial'

"Terry Jones, the radical pastor who oversaw the burning of a Koran in his Florida church last month after a mock court hearing, may put the Islamic prophet Mohammed on trial in his next 'day of judgement', he told The Sunday Telegraph."

Who is wrong here, this crazy Pastor or the Muslims who will probably end up killing more innocent people because of his actions?
I hope ol terry realizes that mohammed has been dead awhile...

Old 04-06-2011, 09:10 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,126,788 times
It is both amusing and disturbing to watch people defend this guy's actions.

People claiming to be Christians, no less.

No Christian would have done what this man did, knowing that innocent people would die.

This kind of "Christian" makes Jesus throw up on his sandals.

Old 04-06-2011, 09:10 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
General Petraeus certainly thinks so, and he's in a better position to know, isn't he?
You want the pentagon dictating what is or isn't appropriate speech?

Old 04-06-2011, 09:11 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,201,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Consequences lie with the animals who committed the crimes. Anything sets these people off. If one day they start killing over us flying our flag, would you recommend us not fly our flags?
There is chain of events leading directly back to Pastor Jones.

Your "what if" question is silly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies