Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 06:14 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,767,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I know why the bill is there.. its just liberal hypocracy though to call it a life on one bill, and a non life on another..
How is it liberal hypocrisy? A republican proposed the Bill, it had a lot of contention in the houses before ultimately passing, and was signed by a Republican President.

I'm most of those who support Roe v. Wade weren't thrilled about the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2011, 06:22 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,095,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Earth to Ms. legal scholar. I'm not talking about abortion from a moral perspective. Murder, is a legal term. It is the unlawful killing of another human being with malice aforethought. A fetus is not a human being by law, so it therefore cannot be murdered!
And a slave at one time was not a human bring under the law, yet millions of people considered them as such, despite the law. Plus, more than half of the states have laws on the books that if a pregnant mother is killed, the murderer can be charged with killing the fetus as well; Scott Peterson was charged with killing his wife and the pre born child.

Old 04-04-2011, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
How is it liberal hypocrisy? A republican proposed the Bill, it had a lot of contention in the houses before ultimately passing, and was signed by a Republican President.

I'm most of those who support Roe v. Wade weren't thrilled about the law.

How is it liberal hypocrisy, seriously? Here's your exact quote from post # 28 in this thread:

A fetus is not a human being by law, so it therefore cannot be murdered!

Yet a page later you acknowledged that a fetus is a life under vehicular homicide and similar crimes. So which is it, a life or not? That's like saying I'm a human in America, but not in Australia. Neo Prog hypocrisy at it's finest.

Old 04-04-2011, 06:36 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,854,528 times
Repugs would rather have more abortions or food stamp babies than prevent unwanted pregnancies? wow there are some brains working there.

I suggest they be required to adopt all the unwanted pregnancies that result from their actions.

Old 04-04-2011, 06:38 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Repugs would rather have more abortions or food stamp babies than prevent unwanted pregnancies? wow there are some brains working there.

I suggest they be required to adopt all the unwanted pregnancies that result from their actions.
Sorry..defunding them won't close them up.
You think PP gets 100% of it's funding through Uncle Sam ?
You think no other place in America other than PP deals with birth control ?

Fear mongering at it's best. Why not just say "All teenage girls in America will get pregnant and have babies" because of this defunding ?

Old 04-04-2011, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post

One of the "choices" that you support, when performed correctly, results in death 100% of the time. You support this choice. Murder in the name of choice: Neo Prog family values.

Old 04-04-2011, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
And a slave at one time was not a human bring under the law, yet millions of people considered them as such, despite the law. Plus, more than half of the states have laws on the books that if a pregnant mother is killed, the murderer can be charged with killing the fetus as well; Scott Peterson was charged with killing his wife and the pre born child.
Yes, they are called fetal homicide laws - not murder.

Old 04-04-2011, 07:13 PM

Quote:
How is it liberal hypocrisy, seriously? Here's your exact quote from post # 28 in this thread:

A fetus is not a human being by law, so it therefore cannot be murdered!

Yet a page later you acknowledged that a fetus is a life under vehicular homicide and similar crimes. So which is it, a life or not? That's like saying I'm a human in America, but not in Australia. Neo Prog hypocrisy at it's finest.
I didn't acknowledge anything, nor does the law. It merely gives a fetus certain rights against being terminated as a result of a violent felony.

And would you cut it with the neo prog crap. I have no clue what that means, since I'm not one, and as part of the right wing luny crowd you have no room to talk.

Old 04-04-2011, 07:22 PM

1,862 posts, read 2,385,154 times
Quote:
Half of America feels that abortion is murder and we don't want our taxpayer funds going towards murder. If these dems and Neo Progs in general are so pro abortion, let them pay for it through their donations; win/win.
Why not use the same logic for wars we feel are ill advised?

That would cut a lot more from our budget than eliminating funding for PP.

Old 04-04-2011, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
Why not use the same logic for wars we feel are ill advised?

That would cut a lot more from our budget than eliminating funding for PP.
Why is it an either/or, why not both?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies