Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 08:49 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,848,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
Obviously religious signs aren't racist. However, signs like "Obama is a destructive, unpatriotic, black muslim" make me wonder what was the point of including "black" when the other terms are obviously negative descriptors... let's see if you can figure out the intent

And then there's the sign that says "Save White America". That's funny, I seem to remember Obama running with a white VP, being supported overwhelmingly by white voters and bailing out white bankers. Save White America from what? A black president?

Stop lying to yourself. You'd have to be blind or willing your brain to shut itself down to not see what's racist about the majority of these signs.
I'm not lying to myself, I'm just asking for proof which I don't see a lot of at all. I'm in no way saying that none of the signs are racist or that no racist people have ever showed up at a Tea Party rally but out of the thousands and thousands of Tea Party events that have taken place around the country I only see the same 10 or 15 signs over and over again, a few of which aren't racist in any way. I'm just pointing out that people claim the Tea Party is based on racism and there's no proof of it other than blind accusations that people make who hate the Tea Party for various other reasons. The Tea Party isn't based on racism, it never was and it still isn't. The Tea Party has members of all minority groups and being a member of the Tea Party doesn't make a minority member any less intelligent or anything like that. In many cases the minority members who do join the Tea Party are well educated, well spoken and very capable of making choices on their own unlike a lot of minority voters who supported Obama for no reason other than his skin color.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
If they aren't racist statements, go to a Black restaurant/store/bar and call Obama a monkey, say that he is going to enslave White people, and suggest that he should go back to Africa. Let's see if you really believe they aren't racist statements. Tough guy on the internets, lets see if it translates in real life.
How does that prove anything other than a certain group of people are prone to physical violence? Either explain to me how those signs YOU posted are racist or admit that you can't, I'll take either answer whenever you're ready.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:52 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,286,380 times
Quote:
Curious George is a pun on George Bush... there's a difference between that and then comparing Obama to Curious George. Where's the pun/connection? What was the point of this t-shirt? There was no effort whatsoever to make it resemble Obama... compare this t-shirt:
I agree, what's the connection between Obama and a monkey? Any teabaggers care to comment?

Old 04-05-2011, 08:54 PM

Default True colors are coming out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
How does that prove anything other than a certain group of people are prone to physical violence?
I don't think that proves that any group, whether it be Blacks, are more prone to physical violence. Fail.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Curious George is a pun on George Bush... there's a difference between that and then comparing Obama to Curious George. Where's the pun/connection? What was the point of this t-shirt? There was no effort whatsoever to make it resemble Obama... compare this t-shirtStop lying to yourself.
So was this racist?

What about this website dedicated to this BS?

Political satire

All of that's ok right?

Old 04-05-2011, 08:56 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,480,636 times
OK

Just came into some argument I guess. Looking at the last couple of posts ... monkeys or something.

Look, I don't care about your BS.

If a person believes in conservative values -- let them be who they want to be.

Sometimes those values include being fiscally responsible or socially responsible.

Damn, you guys are acting like you get to decide for Black people.

Black people can decide for themselves.

White Democrats don't get to absorb in faith the Black Vote.

It really pi*ses me off that the left thinks that Black people are only Liberals. Even people like Sharpton pressure people.

It even pi*ses me off that we're discussing skin color at all. It should be that some people have a certain outlook and some people have a different outlook.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:57 PM

Quote:
I agree, what's the connection between Obama and a monkey? Any teabaggers care to comment?
If you want to start using derogatory terms for Tea Party members you shouldn't do it in a thread where you're crying like a little ***** about people being racist towards black people.

What was the connection between Bush and a chimp?

Old 04-05-2011, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
It even pi*ses me off that we're discussing skin color at all. .
Didn't you read the title of the OP??

Old 04-05-2011, 08:59 PM

Quote:
I don't think that proves that any group, whether it be Blacks, are more prone to physical violence. Fail.
I don't think it makes sense to call any establishment a "black bar" or a "black restaurant/store" in a thread where you're crying about racism. I don't know of any exclusive black or white establishments so I'm not really understanding your questions.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
If you want to start using derogatory terms for Tea Party members you shouldn't do it in a thread where you're crying like a little ***** about people being racist towards black people.

What was the connection between Bush and a chimp?
No crying, just commenting on the obvious. Teabaggers began using the term "teabaggers"

Bush and a chimp was a pun on Curious George. I think a poster stated that multiple times before, to you specifically.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies