Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 01:16 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,613,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
It's mind-boggling that you think anyone here actually IS defending that horrible religion.

cuz saying it's wrong to burn their book isn't defending them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 01:20 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,464,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleelvis View Post

I don't want to see soldiers killed but in reality we are fighting a religious war that no one will admit to. When we realize that we might start taking the offensive.
If killing them is tiptoeing around them, then that's a heavy foot.

[we, or our proxies, are at war in a few Muslim countries]

Old 04-05-2011, 01:20 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,126,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post

cuz saying it's wrong to burn their book isn't defending them?
You cannot distinguish between the two?

I think the pastor should not have done this selfish and irresponsible act.

This somehow makes me a FAN of Islam?

I am honestly trying to understand how you guys can think this. To me it looks like more black/white rigid thinking.

I can be against the pastor's actions AND against the negative aspects of Islam - amazingly I can do BOTH AT THE SAME TIME!!!

OMG, how is it possible!!!!!

Old 04-05-2011, 01:21 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,795,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Can you show us a Bible verse that tells us to kill for Christ?

Honestly...it's mind-boggling that anyone would defend that horrible religion.
Show me a verse that tells us priest should lay with boy??

Honestly...mind boggling in deed.

Old 04-05-2011, 01:26 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,446,267 times
[quote=Childfree35;18597878]Show me a verse that tells us priest should lay with boy??

quote]

There is none, that's the whole point. The Koran is chock full of violent rhetoric and awful things you should do to non-believers.

Old 04-05-2011, 01:28 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,472,568 times
Quote:
You would not able to find me anything in the media that is bashing Mohammed or the Koran in the same fashion that they bash other religions. When it comes to disgracing the Islam religion we as a country tip toe around it.

Wanna burn a bible go ahead!
Wanna depict Jesus smoking pot! Not a problem!
Wanna make fun of Mohhamed? No we can't do that

So do you believe that MLK was probably not advised that in pursuing his civil rights movement that innocent people and possibly himself would get hurt or killed.

The Pastor burned the bible peacefully. I didn't see him shoot anyone did you?
Actually if you wanna make fun of Muslims, you can. I never read that we weren't allow to make fun of Muslims or Islam. I'm pretty sure that is not a law anywhere in this country. I see that media bashing Islam as much as others. Well maybe they dont bash Hinduism or Buddhism as much. But I've read articles that are critical of radical islam just like its critical of radical Christianity. So like I said if you wanna make fun of Islam, go right ahead. Nobody cares. Put it on Youtube.

Sure the "Pastor" burned the koran peacefully. Members of the KKK burn Crosses peacefully too.

Old 04-05-2011, 01:46 PM

623 posts, read 1,602,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
So like I said if you wanna make fun of Islam, go right ahead. Nobody cares. Put it on Youtube.
Actually many people care or their wouldn't be such an uproar over the burning of a book would there?

You don't really believe what you just typed do you? Its a pretty silly statement. Media outlets have been threatened with death with the mention of making fun of Islam.

If nobody cares then why are they killing themselves over it and threatening to kill others.

Old 04-05-2011, 01:58 PM

1,811 posts, read 1,209,160 times
Quote:
I am sure many have seen the story of the Pastor Terry Jones burning the Koran. While I don't completley agree with the way he went about it I can't help but understand where he is coming from.

I can turn on the tv/radio open almost any newspaper/magazine and find something making fun of or demoralizing certain religions. EXCEPT when it comes to the Muslim religion.

Somehow because of all the whack jobs out there who start killing their OWN people when something like this happens I have to shut my mouth. We live in the USA where I am supposed to be able to have the freedom of speech and not be forced to listen to or agree with any certain religion. But as many examples have show over the past few years the media and now other religions are not allowed to speak against the Muslim faith.

I find it very disturbing that we have begun negotiating with terrorists regarding religious freedoms in our own country.

Defenition of a Terrorist: An individual who uses violence, terror, and intimidation to achieve a result.

That is what they are doing. Anytime you say something they threaten to kill people. And its working. How much longer will we as a country be tolerant and silent?

I don't want to see soldiers killed but in reality we are fighting a religious war that no one will admit to. When we realize that we might start taking the offensive.
Civilization has been fighting this war ever since Islam conducted its first slaughter when it killed and beheaded the citizens of Mecca for having the temerity of saying "no thank you" to mullet-head when he "offered" for the third time, to take them info his "fold", i.e. prisoners, aka "muslims".

It has been hotter and colder over the years, but it will never end until Islam exterminates the rest of us. Pray you die of natural causes before that time, 'cause the citizens of Mecca didn't enjoy their ultimate fates at the hands of the cancer upon humanity (islam).

Old 04-05-2011, 02:14 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,795,927 times
[quote=SourD;18597951]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
Show me a verse that tells us priest should lay with boy??

quote]

There is none, that's the whole point. The Koran is chock full of violent rhetoric and awful things you should do to non-believers.
The bible is full of what?

Old 04-05-2011, 02:16 PM

1,811 posts, read 1,209,160 times
[quote=Childfree35;18598694]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post

The bible is full of what?
Babble, Gibberish and Bill Shut
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies