Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 09:56 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,777,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
This might be so, but don't you think that the nice Muslims must be feeling a little bit uncomfortable because of the actions of their fellow Muslims?

First of all -- we know that we can't blame American Muslims for the actions of extremist Muslims in the Middle East.

But, we can blame American Muslims for the actions of extremism within America.

I will probably get some flack for this -- but it has to be said.

American Muslims must stand up against their own extreme edicts if they wish to be "Americans". It is OK to worship Allah in America. But, by American law, it is not acceptable to kill Westerners because the Quaran says so.

In the West, freedom of religion does not mean come here and kill us. It just doesn't.

Freedom of religion does not mean go to Fort Hood and kill American citizens.

In America, a Muslim woman can drive a car, expose skin, go to a bar where drinks are being served - and feel free to be picked up for a one night stand. This doesn't mean that a Muslim woman would do these things, but she could (legally) without being stoned to death.

Peaceful Muslims who travel to our land to worship Allah are accepted.

What I want to see from them is:

An uprising of American Muslim Men and Women who declare that they are now different than extremist killers from their homeland ... and that they will fight against such terrorism. If it is taught in Mosques across America that this is not possible, then the new American Muslims must still stand up and shout that killing Americans is not acceptable.

A few have started to speak out. But, they cannot be foreigners in our land. They must become Americans. And after that acknowledgement -- they must be Americans first.

If immigrant Muslims can't grasp this, I think that there must be another motive. Many, many Muslims come here for economic opportunity, but, if they are truly coming here for religious freedom, they MUST understand that they should seperate from the serious talk of murder that comes out of the Middle East.
Hmm. But when one particular Muslim thrust into the limelight said exactly that, he was roundly accused of not REALLY meaning it, wasn't he.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2011, 02:15 PM

1,811 posts, read 1,209,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
by your definition Christians are "terrorists' too!

Ask a Native American what they thought about when "Christians" from England invaded their land.

Ask a black American what a terrorist is when they were denied their Civil rights and lynched because of their skin color.

Ask the Japanese who was the terrorist when we dropped two Atomic bombs on them.

Terrorism is a conscience act by a certain segment of a populace which feels repressed or assumed repression.

Religious freedom is what makes America what it is. The problem with religion is that it's always perveted by some segment of those who choose to believe in such a concept.
The Pilgrims were the Native Americans. It wasn't America until we started calling it that.

The indigenous population of what we now call "Amerca" were quite violent to each other, with tribal wars being very common. We just did a better job of killing than they did.

The two A-bombs dropped on Japan ended up saving a million or more lives, most of which were Japanese who were prepared to defend from an invasion using sticks and kitchen cutlery with old men, women and kids. It would have been a slaughter, like the suicide mass banzia attacks in the Pacific where our troops slaughtered thousands as they banzaid into their own demise. They now know the score and Japan as a whole, and Hiroshima and Nagasaki are both world-class cities now (compared to the hell-hole of Detroit which is a sewer).

However, we did conduct terror-bombing of Dresden and other German cities to break their will to continue the war, to no avail.

ISLAM, OTOH, has been waging an unprovoked terror war against humanity since its inception when they slaughtered the resident of Mecca for refusing to convert.

And guess what make it different than slavery or even the A-bombs etc.,?

It continues on a unprovoked bases to this day, and will forever until we are all exterminated at the hand of Islam.

Old 04-06-2011, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Answer to O.P.........Because were STUPID!!!!!!
Speaking soley for yourself!!!!

Old 04-06-2011, 02:26 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,129,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffington View Post
The Pilgrims were the Native Americans.

Quote:
It wasn't America until we started calling it that.
Who is "we"? It started to be called "America" in 1507, a century before the Pilgrims arrived. Martin Waldseemüller named it after Amerigo Vespucci on a map.

Quote:
The indigenous population of what we now call "Amerca" were quite violent to each other, with tribal wars being very common. We just did a better job of killing than they did.
A far, far better job. And your protrayal of Native Americans as being consistenly violent is a serious exaggeration.

Quote:
ISLAM, OTOH, has been waging an unprovoked terror war against humanity since its inception when they slaughtered the resident of Mecca for refusing to convert.
Not an era I would have picked as an example, considering the Christians of that time were doing the same sorts of things, Torquemaddinton.

Old 04-06-2011, 03:10 PM

[quote=Strel;18614593]

. And your protrayal of Native Americans as being consistenly violent is a serious exaggeration.

quote]
Mr. Strell the strawman builder.

I used the world "common" and you changed it to imply I said "consistent"

Shame on you. Shame, shame.

After that, who can rely on anything else you attemp to say.

Old 04-06-2011, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post

Who is "we"? It started to be called "America" in 1507, a century before the Pilgrims arrived. Martin Waldseemüller named it after Amerigo Vespucci on a map.

Not an era I would have picked as an example, considering the Christians of that time were doing the same sorts of things, Torquemaddinton.

"We" being Europeans.

Old 04-06-2011, 03:23 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I don't follow your reasoning. Why would it suck to be a sensible Muslim? They don't have anything to do with the actions of insensible Muslims.

When someone from your state does something stupid or irrational or shameful, do YOU share the blame for their actions?

Not a day passes when someone from my state, or from various organizations in which I have a membership, or in some way or manner can find a relation to, not a day passes when someone somewhere doesn't do something silly or foolish or nasty. It doesn't affect me. I have nothing to do with their actions. And the billions of very nice Muslims around the world have nothing to do with extremists and their behavior.
You are being obtuse.

Do Muslims, fairly or unfairly, currently have a gray cloud hanging over them because of events like 9/11 and all the many deaths committed by other Muslims? Yes they do.

Old 04-07-2011, 07:35 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,129,761 times
[quote=jeffington;18615206]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post

. And your protrayal of Native Americans as being consistenly violent is a serious exaggeration.

quote]
Mr. Strell the strawman builder.

I used the world "common" and you changed it to imply I said "consistent"

Shame on you. Shame, shame.

After that, who can rely on anything else you attemp to say.
Split all the semantic hairs you like, you're the one making the generalization.

Old 04-07-2011, 07:40 AM

659 posts, read 1,759,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleelvis View Post
I can turn on the tv/radio open almost any newspaper/magazine and find something making fun of or demoralizing certain religions. EXCEPT when it comes to the Muslim religion.
Someone needs to get caught up on their Southpark.

Old 04-07-2011, 07:45 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,408,318 times
The Native Americans were actually very violent towards one another (not all tribes, but many were). The Aztecs were renown for their cruelty (human sacrifices) in forming (and maintaining) their empire. The Comanche were despised by all other tribes as being extremely cruel and for being perpetually on the warpath with their neighbors. The Karankawa tribe of coastal Texas were known cannibals. These three are off the top of my head and limited to just North America. I think the thing to remember is that people are people no matter where you go. No one group is angelic and at one with their environment (The Mississippi tribes - near where I live - built the Cahokia Mound city and they depleted their resources and moved on). To say one group of people are "native" requires us to acknowledge something we do not know: How long the people groups have been there. Recent archaeology is showing that our understanding of the Americas "first" people has been wrong. What we consider "Native" probably swept in and conquered the people here before them (and assimilated).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies