Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 10:29 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
But she's absolutely wrong too. There is WAYYYYY less crime where I live than in El Paso, TX. See 2 can play this game.
Perhaps, but how does it compare population-wise?

"For the first time the City of El Paso has been named the City with the lowest crime rate in the United States with a population of over 500,000 residents."

El Paso, The Safest City In U.S. - Sports News Story - KVIA El Paso

And this is after having been named 2nd safest for the past two years.

And, I just have to wonder, why do people who don't live anywhere near the U.S./Mexico border want the reports of low(er) crime rates to be untrue? Do you really want to believe that your fellow citizens are living in war zones despite all evidence to the contrary?

Immigration Debate: Border Cities See Less Violent Crime - TIME
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 10:36 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Actually she may very well be right but it is because the border area has very few American Blacks, it's not because of anything she is doing.

Old 04-05-2011, 11:19 AM

4,458 posts, read 4,191,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Perhaps, but how does it compare population-wise?

"For the first time the City of El Paso has been named the City with the lowest crime rate in the United States with a population of over 500,000 residents."

El Paso, The Safest City In U.S. - Sports News Story - KVIA El Paso

And this is after having been named 2nd safest for the past two years.

And, I just have to wonder, why do people who don't live anywhere near the U.S./Mexico border want the reports of low(er) crime rates to be untrue? Do you really want to believe that your fellow citizens are living in war zones despite all evidence to the contrary?

Immigration Debate: Border Cities See Less Violent Crime - TIME
I think that there very well may be some spots on the border where crime is down (probably because the drug lords have already taken over) but I do not believe that applies to the entire border. There is just too much news to the contrary for the entire border.

I feel that she cherry picked data to make her and the current administration look like they are really doing something to curb all the various trafficking and murdering that happens daily.

Try this link for some information.

Old 04-05-2011, 12:42 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
I think that there very well may be some spots on the border where crime is down (probably because the drug lords have already taken over) but I do not believe that applies to the entire border. There is just too much news to the contrary for the entire border..
The drug lords have already taken over????????? ROFL

Quote:
I feel that she cherry picked data to make her and the current administration look like they are really doing something to curb all the various trafficking and murdering that happens daily.

Try this link for some information.
And the site that you've linked to isn't cherry-picking data?
Where, for example, are the reports regarding the low crime rates in El Paso or Austin or San Diego or Tucson?
Or, would that derail the narrative of reporting only bad news?

In any event, I just checked the El Paso Times and the Las Cruces Sun-News and not a single murder in either city today or yesterday.
Complete anarchy down here I tell you

Old 04-05-2011, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post

In any event, I just checked the El Paso Times and the Las Cruces Sun-News and not a single murder in either city today or yesterday.
Complete anarchy down here I tell you
Crime falls, but murders up in city

by Daniel Borunda \ El Paso Times

Juárez murders hit 3,000 for year

Police Investigating El Paso's 5th Murder in 2011

This was dated Jan. 29th 2011.

UPDATE: 9th Murder Victim of 2011 Identified

This is from Feb. 18th 2011.

EL PASO’S CRIME STATISTICS THROUGH
MARCH 19, 2011

"The crime category with a
large increase in the city is offense of Murder. Murders are up 1100% (1 in
2010 compared to 12 in 2011)."

Old 04-05-2011, 01:14 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
OUCH!!! I wonder if they get tired of all the bumps and bruises that facts bring their way?

Old 04-05-2011, 01:17 PM

Quote:
OUCH!!! I wonder if they get tired of all the bumps and bruises that facts bring their way?
That post has been updated, check it out, murder up 1100% from 2010.

Old 04-05-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
That post has been updated, check it out, murder up 1100% from 2010.
Holy mackerel, and to think there are people here trying to spin this for some awful reason. Obamabots, every single one of them.

Old 04-05-2011, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Holy mackerel, and to think there are people here trying to spin this for some awful reason. Obamabots, every single one of them.
Napolitano can make the data look anyway she wants, we just don't have to believe it.

Old 04-05-2011, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Napolitano can make the data look anyway she wants, we just don't have to believe it.
It just isn't believable at all. That's what the joke of this really is, these things that this administration says are just not believable at all most of the time. It's like they are hoping that you are catching them talking about this stuff for the first time, because if you have heard them talk in the past, they contradict themselves constantly. They really think we are THAT stupid. It's getting very offensive to say the least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies