Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 05:30 PM

1,046 posts, read 3,485,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
It's time to clean up the non-profit industry! If this story is true, Bristol is more of a fraud than I first thought...
They show the tax forms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
ozzie679's source is from Think Progressive (a forum that advances progressive ideas and policies) which is a blog supported by the Center For American Progress.
Who cares. The Dems are in control and if you search just a bit you will find plenty of scandals that they are apart of. Maybe not as many
The point of the story is that she is fleasing the system.
It is a proven fact that abstinence education doesn't work. You get better results by just passing out condoms without the lectures.
So do I find it kind of funny that a woman that did not practice abstinence, is now racking is a quarter million a year to talk about not having sex? You betcha!

Old 04-05-2011, 05:30 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,484,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spotch View Post
Well, let this be a lesson to everyone. Abstinence only policies lead to earning over 5 times what the median US household earns in a year. If only we can get poor people to have children out of wedlock too, then they can be rich like Bristol Palin!

How much money did Rielle Hunter gain after boinking John Edwards?

By the way, poor people have children out of wedlock all the time, and get taxpayer money, with which they buy things like formula and cable TV.

Hmmm. Crimes against the American taxpayer. C'mon. Not enough pages possible. Eric Holder? Pthwpt!!!

Govt. funded condoms don't work. How about government funded corks.

Just put a cork in it.

Old 04-05-2011, 05:50 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
It's time to clean up the non-profit industry! If this story is true, Bristol is more of a fraud than I first thought...

Bristol Palin’s Nonprofit Paid Her Seven Times What It Spent On Actual Teen Pregnancy Prevention

Bristol was paid a salary of $262,500. The group disbursed only $35,000 in grants to actual teen pregnancy health and counseling clinics: $25,000 to the Mt. Sinai Adolescent Health Center and $10,000 to the National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy.

You don't understand non-profits.
You think it is all volunteer, don't you?

What they have not spent as an organization, goes to the members, or usually the president.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:12 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,296,868 times
Quote:

Bristol Palin’s Nonprofit Paid Her Seven Times What It Spent On Actual Teen Pregnancy Prevention

Bristol was paid a salary of $262,500. The group disbursed only $35,000 in grants to actual teen pregnancy health and counseling clinics: $25,000 to the Mt. Sinai Adolescent Health Center and $10,000 to the National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy.
The irony, a teen pregnancy prevention program paying a teen mom $250K. What's next, a Heroin abuse prevention program paying Limbaugh 1 million?

Old 04-05-2011, 06:17 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,455,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You don't understand non-profits.
You think it is all volunteer, don't you?

What they have not spent as an organization, goes to the members, or usually the president.
No. It's not. What they have not spent as an organization goes toward the endowment, often to help support long term projects.

It's not volunteer (and it's awful how many think that people who work for nonprofits should be paid peanuts) but a nonprofit that only puts out $30,000 has no business paying anyone 6 figures. The CEO of the American Cancer Society (which has THOUSANDS of employees but hundreds of thousands of beneficiaries, myself included) makes almost 1 million which is far under what similar CEOs make but also, in my opinion, far more than he should be making as a head of a nonprofit. A small nonprofit is lucky if they can pay their director $50,000- like the small nonprofit I interned with that offered over double what Palin's charity did in grants and services.

For the record, I work in fundraising, am on the executive board of a nonprofit my friend founded, am starting my own nonprofit for young people with cancer (once I, you know, kick cancer's tush and have the energy for it), and am working toward an MBA in nonprofit management from one of the top programs of it's kind. What background do you have with nonprofits, BentBow?

Old 04-05-2011, 06:19 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:

I see encouraging people to not have abortions isnt as profitable as encouraging them..

Planned Parenthood CEO Makes $1 Million Per Year « 84RULES

btw, does Bristols non profit get taxpayer money?

Last edited by pghquest; 04-05-2011 at 06:27 PM..

Old 04-05-2011, 06:31 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,455,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I see encouraging people to not have abortions isnt as profitable as encouraging them..

Planned Parenthood CEO Makes $1 Million Per Year « 84RULES

btw, does Bristols non profit get taxpayer money?
If you don't see the difference between being the CEO of an organization made up of thousands of employees (including doctors, nurses, etc) and a small organization, then you're crazy. Not that the $1 million paycheck is warranted (in my mind) but is significantly less than the CEO could command in the private sector and is in line with other major nonprofits (ie the American Cancer Society)

Managing a large nonprofit is more like running a large business than a small charity.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:38 PM

46,973 posts, read 26,018,521 times
I actually used to feel sorry for Bristol Plain and the way she was used as mommy's little adorable campaign prop. ("Oooh, they're so going to get married!" At least she managed to duck out of that...)

But now - well, I guess we've reached the point where anyone putting money in the hands of a Palin deserves to lose it.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:40 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,919,106 times
Did any of that go to pay people to vote for her so she could stay on Dancing With the Stars?

Old 04-05-2011, 06:56 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,319,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Will you feel the same when Obama's daughters start getting paid for speaking engagements?

Snooki just got $32,000 for speaking at Rutgers. A nobel prize winner speaking there at commencement is good for only 30K.

Suddenly making money is unethical?
No, it isn't. I think the point is that the teen pregnancy prevention program set up on her behave really isn't about preventing teen pregnancies at all. It's a dumbie non-profit set up strictly to give Bristal an income. And a very extravagant income at that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies