Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 09:14 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
gas prices have nothing to do with obama or any former or future president it has to do with opec and the stuff that has happend in the ME and oil speculators that hack up the price if a region becomes unstable.
Oil speculators do NOT hack up the price of oil..

For every speculator betting the price of oil will go up, there is another one betting it will go down.. its a revenue neutral transation on the effect of oil..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2011, 09:20 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
read the logo, saw who put this crap out and decided it wasn't worth reading, but thanks for posting. I am sure you will get some takers.

Nita
Oh that's a good life policy. Just shield yourself anything that may contradict your worldview and that way you'll never have to think critically.

Old 04-06-2011, 09:22 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newhandle View Post
He refuses to tackle corporate welfare in any meaningful way.
Why would he bite the hand that feeds?

Old 04-06-2011, 09:33 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,828,984 times
Hope you folks have your assets in something other than dollars...cause they will soon be worth diddlysquat.

Old 04-07-2011, 01:11 AM

4,897 posts, read 8,318,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
considering the bottom 49% pay NOTHING, or close to nothing in federal taxes...
Stop lying. Everyone with a job pays Federal payroll taxes which are the taxes which make up 50% of all Federal revenue. I know you know that fact because you've been corrected multiple times yet you keep deliberately repeating the same falsehood so I am left believing you are deliberately lying.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:07 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,733,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Statements from the link...

The federal government would collect $183 billion less in 2011 and more than $2 trillion less over a decade than it would if Congress adopted President Obama’s tax proposals.

They don't know how much will come in because how much government receives is based on economic activity - and no one knows the future, who will win the next election and what changes in economic policies will take place.

The poorest 20 percent would pay 12.3 percent of their income more than what they would pay under the President’s proposal, while the richest one percent would pay 15 percent of their income less than they would pay under the President’s proposal.

The poorest 20% would not pay income taxes. So how will the pay more? Right now with the price increases on the basic necessities (due to QE1, QE2), they are already paying more. Gas is beyond double the price since Obama took office.
Exactly. Engineered inflation is a hidden tax.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:14 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,733,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
If we are not talking about a flat or consumption tax then we are still stuck with the same old unfair tax system. Until someone gets serious about a total tax system reform we will never solve the who's paying their fair share arguement.
Casper
Absolutely right. I used to be for the flat tax but now I'm leaning toward eliminating the income tax and having a national sales tax. That way everybody pays and everybody can control the level of taxes he or she pays by controlling their personal spending.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:16 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
Stop lying. Everyone with a job pays Federal payroll taxes which are the taxes which make up 50% of all Federal revenue. I know you know that fact because you've been corrected multiple times yet you keep deliberately repeating the same falsehood so I am left believing you are deliberately lying.
and I have proved you WRONG everytime

I earn 60k a year and pay ZERO in federal income or PAYROLL taxes

most people who earn 50k or less pay NOTHING in federal income tax, and MANY get back MORE than they paid to include what wads payroll tax

I proved it with a complete run down of MY OWN 1040..in this other thread

//www.city-data.com/forum/17932243-post181.html

posted back in feb

seems you are too dense to understand that the bottom 50% pay only 3% of ALL income tax collected

Old 05-26-2011, 02:32 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,877,888 times
I certainly do NOT agree with a VAT tax of any type.

Old 05-26-2011, 02:48 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,660,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
and I have proved you WRONG everytime

I earn 60k a year and pay ZERO in federal income or PAYROLL taxes

most people who earn 50k or less pay NOTHING in federal income tax, and MANY get back MORE than they paid to include what wads payroll tax

I proved it with a complete run down of MY OWN 1040..in this other thread

//www.city-data.com/forum/17932243-post181.html

posted back in feb

seems you are too dense to understand that the bottom 50% pay only 3% of ALL income tax collected
Yours is a very interesting return, I must say.

You don't make very much money, you have a large business expense write off, a very large itemized deduction (as much as mine and I make 3 times more than you), and a very large deduction for dependents. It's really quite incredible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies