Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 10:41 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,286,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
And there goes your credibility to criticize anything Rush says..

Thread is now dead..
My credibility is shot because I pointed out that Limbaugh is fat and a drug addict? Yet Limbaugh says that minorities are lazy parasites who want welfare and it's the Democrats fault, and he has credibility?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2011, 10:44 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
It's the big picture that counts. If Rush who is a white male who is pampered, rich, and catered to can be morbidly obese, an ex-drug addict, and a lazy armchair complainer then so can everyone else. It's a free country and if minorities don't want to break through the glass ceiling and hegemony then they don't have to and they shouldn't be insulted because of that: the blame really goes to hegemony more than to anything.

Quote:
No one said it was a crime to be poor and be dependent upon government.

Old 04-06-2011, 10:46 PM

Rush is a nobody when compared to Harvard professor Cornel West. Heck, Oprah has created more liberation and equality than Rush ever has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
My credibility is shot because I pointed out that Limbaugh is fat and a drug addict? Yet Limbaugh says that minorities are lazy parasites who want welfare and it's the Democrats fault, and he has credibility?

9,949 posts, read 8,848,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
It's the big picture that counts. If Rush who is a white male who is pampered, rich, and catered to can be morbidly obese, an ex-drug addict, and a lazy armchair complainer then so can everyone else. It's a free country and if minorities don't want to break through the glass ceiling and hegemony then they don't have to and they shouldn't be insulted because of that: the blame really goes to hegemony more than to anything.
Rush doesn't cost us tax dollars.

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post

Your credibility is shot because you are criticizing Limbaugh for calling people names, while you sat there and called people names.

Too many people are on welfare.. TRUE
A large percentage of them are minorities.. TRUE
Its Democratic policies, perpetuationg poverty.. TRUE
Democrats want to increase welfare making people more dependent.. TRUE

And while you might call Limbaugh all sorts of names, that even if they are TRUE, you cant claim to be on a moral high ground and object to Rush calling people names, that HAPPEN TO BE TRUE, if you are going to stoop down and call people names.. thats hypocritical.. So yourself.

Old 04-06-2011, 10:47 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,296,560 times
Quote:
Limbaugh says that Democrats have turned minorities into parasites who seek "welfare" and "handouts"
who cares

Old 04-06-2011, 10:48 PM

Then demand that hiring managers not be so racist and bigoted when hiring people. It's called training. Hire more minorities who speak English and are able bodied and spend quality time training them on tasks. It's not that hard to do: the laziness runs up to the top of every society.

But on a side note there are more white people on welfare and foodstamps than minorities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post

Old 04-06-2011, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Your credibility is shot because you are criticizing Limbaugh for calling people names, while you sat there and called people names.

Too many people are on welfare.. TRUE
A large percentage of them are minorities.. TRUE
Its Democratic policies, perpetuationg poverty.. TRUE
Democrats want to increase welfare making people more dependent.. TRUE

And while you might call Limbaugh all sorts of names, that even if they are TRUE, you cant claim to be on a moral high ground and object to Rush calling people names, that HAPPEN TO BE TRUE, if you are going to stoop down and call people names.. thats hypocritical.. So yourself.
I'm not criticizing Limbaugh for calling people names, I'm criticizing Limbaugh for generalizing about entire races of people.

I'm generalizing about 1 person, big difference.

Back to my claim, is Limbaugh not fat...true, is he not a drug addict... true, is he not a hypocrite for accusing others of being addicts...true

Do teabaggers have difficulty comprehending sentences....true

Old 04-06-2011, 10:49 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
It's the big picture that counts. If Rush who is a white male who is pampered, rich, and catered to can be morbidly obese, an ex-drug addict, and a lazy armchair complainer then so can everyone else.
Yep.. you can sit here and call Rush all sorts of names, but like the other poster, you cant do so and then complain about him calling people names..
Quote:
It's a free country and if minorities don't want to break through the glass ceiling and hegemony then they don't have to and they shouldn't be insulted because of that: the blame really goes to hegemony more than to anything.
Right here is where you are wrong. If you are taking someones money, then you better be open to be criticized by the individuals paying.. Do they have to break through the glass ceiling? Of course not, but no one should be forced to support someone not WANTING to do something.

Hey.. I dont feel like running my company anymore, do you think I can call the government up and tell them they owe me tens of millions of dollars because I dont wish to increase it? (and before you tell me that welfare recipiants dont get tens of millions, remember, THATS THEIR CHOICE)..

Old 04-06-2011, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Actually he did. The investigation into his drug abuse cost tax payers $$$
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies