Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 01:17 PM

450 posts, read 502,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Yes.. I know.. TARP returned a profit to the taxpayers as well.. I said that.. try to follow along

I find it so hard to listen to someone who believes the crap you just keyed
1) $858B in tax cuts is NOT spending..
2) Obama SIGNED the bill..
3) You liberals all cheered tax cuts in the stimulus bill, proclaiming tax cuts spurred the economy, but now you are criticizing the very same thing..
4) It was tax cuts FOR EVERYONE.. The fact that those who earned the most, got the largest tax cut is basic 2nd grade math.

The CBO reports indicate the stimulus had negative consequences a few years out. Guess what, we are a few years out.. Did you think time wasnt going to move?

No.. only far left wing kooks say that...

LIE.. Unemployment rate on 2/2009 was 8.9% when Obama signed the stimulus bill into law.. Unemployment continued to rise FOR A WHOLE YEAR going up to 10.6%, and is STILL higher now than it was when he signed the bill...
Hey PGH,

1) I love how you are touting the TARP as returning a profit and that TARP worked AS IF you supported the plan all along. Do you need me to bring up your post history, what happened to the TARP being a utter disaster and will bring America down?
Also Obama's stimulus has also seen paybacks and if not for Government intervention America would have surely hit another Depression.

2) Although I agree with the Bush Tax cuts, to say it is not spending as if tax cuts do not affect the deficit the same way spending does is ludicrous.
If the Government spends a $100 or if the Government takes in $100 less income it has the same affect on the deficit

3) Please reference where the CBO stated that the stimulus would have a negative effect a few years out and what those negative affects are?

4) Yes unemployment was 8.9% when Obama signed the stimulus, you ignore though that unemployment was rising fast and during the last stages of the Bush Presidency we were losing close to 750,000 jobs a month.

Unemployment in 2009 (because of the effects of the Housing crisis and the recession of 2007-) would have risen under any President

**Also you making up numbers, Unemployment never rose to 10.6 under Obama, the highest was 10.1**

Obama has risen America out of the recession without things getting a lot worse as Repubs/Right wingers warned the sky would fall (Depression). Jobs are gaining over 200,000+ a month. Unemployment is at a low since the crisis.

Last edited by y2flyy; 04-07-2011 at 01:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2011, 01:55 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,288,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
I assume you can provide references. Since you require far more than any efficiency expert I've yet to encounter, you must have a remarkable portfolio.
I'll bring it with me. When should I expect to receive my airfaire funds?

Old 04-07-2011, 02:28 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,505,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
I will give you the created new debt issue, but increased taxes and increased health care costs, sorry can't give you these two.

How do you figure the Democrats have increased taxes? We are paying exactly the same in taxes we have been since the Bush tax cuts were enacted. Increased health care costs? We will have increased health care costs every year, no matter which party is in office.
Look at the amount of money the feds spent the year before Obama took office. Look at the amount of money the feds are spending with President Obama.

He raised taxes. Doesn't matter if you aren't paying more at the end of the year. If the budget increases then taxes increase. We just have a delayed payment program.

The feds are also more involved in health care with Obamacare than without it. This will make it more expensive. Anytime a third party injects itself into an economic deal it gets more expensive.

Last edited by OhioIstheBest; 04-07-2011 at 03:02 PM..

Old 04-07-2011, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
Then there was no reason to pass the War Powers Resolution, if what you claim is true.

But what you claim is not true.
I didn't say anything about the War Powers Resolution.

I said going into Libya is the first time a President has sent troops into combat withoout Congressional approval. And the Constitution requires that the President consult Congress.

What I claim is true.

Last edited by OhioIstheBest; 04-07-2011 at 02:41 PM..

Old 04-07-2011, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Haha. You would do well to educate yourself before responding in the future. Presidents have a window of time before they need to inform Congress and then another before they need formal approval to continue a military operation.
HaHa. No they don't. The Constitution does not mention a "window of time".

I could see if we were under direct attack. Then the Pres could have a day or two before running to Congress. Such was not the case in Libya.

Basically, what Obama has done has said that the military will be used at his discretion.

Or do you think it's a good idea for a president to be able to send troops and bomb whoever he wants for any reason??? Or for no reason at all?

Old 04-07-2011, 03:39 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,589,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydog32 View Post
Lets Cut The CRAP,

It is clear to me that the Republicans are caving **financially** to the idealistic, and unrealistic, expectations of the Democrats.
to balance things out, then Republicans who are lower middle class or lower income should take advantage of any government program they qualify for. far too often i think poorer Republicans fall for the party line of: 'the gubbermint is bad and they won't help you and you don't need their help any old way. you are a Republican which means you don't need outside help. period.'

and in so doing, they let "free"* help go unclaimed, all in loyalty to their party or because they don't want to do the research. use the internet, hello. they can use gubbermint programs and still vote however they want on election day.

*"free"=paid by taxpayers

Old 04-07-2011, 03:49 PM

52,681 posts, read 47,932,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Someone there needs to balance a budget.

Agreed and a half. We're already a year behind for 2011 and need to start working on the 2012 budget. If Republicans had been in control, this would have been done a long time ago.

Old 04-07-2011, 03:51 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,515,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydog32 View Post
Lets Cut The CRAP,

It is clear to me that the Republicans are caving **financially** to the idealistic, and unrealistic, expectations of the Democrats.

I feel like whatever settlement is agreed upon, it will be insufficient for any **REAL change** for our long term economy.

I am really disgusted with the weakness of our Repub freshman, our Repub leader (Bone Head, sissy-cry-bay), and Repubs in general.

As weak as our POTUS is, we need just **1= 0--N--E--** person to step up and take a lead. The problem is that they are all timid. THEY ARE ALL COMFORMISTS.

CHEERS.
Well at least we finally agree on one thing>>>>>

YouTube - John Boehner Gets Weepy, Frequently

Old 04-07-2011, 03:54 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,811,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Democrats want to cut $33 billion. Republicans want to cut over $60 billion. There's room for compromise in between.
This whole thing is pathetic. It is like The Titanic is sinking and the crew is divided
on whether they have to bail 33 buckets of water or 60 though everybody knows that she's got trillions already.

Old 04-07-2011, 03:56 PM

52,681 posts, read 47,932,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2flyy View Post
Obama has risen America out of the recession without things getting a lot worse as Repubs/Right wingers warned the sky would fall (Depression). Jobs are gaining over 200,000+ a month. Unemployment is at a low since the crisis.
No, he hasn't. His spending had previously gotten way out of control. He's hardly done anything domestically since taking office. He's either in another country trying to 'help' the other or playing golf somewhere. Republicans are trying to reduce spending, which is something the Dems aren't doing and never will do. And what jobs did Barry really create (other than a bunch of unnecessary government jobs we don't really need)??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies