Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 11:20 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,804,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
is AID not welfare
Foreign military and economic aid is NOT welfare. Likewise, spending associated with nuclear power requirements in foreign country is also a part of defense spending.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2011, 11:33 AM

1,040 posts, read 1,333,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
So, this is another of those: "I've a plan" things? Why don't they make it public, so at least people like you could be more informed and share the information as opposed to simply propagating a rhetoric?
Wow. How many politicians speak in platitudes? I can think of one commander-and-chief that is famous for it. If you want more information, call his office. I didn't bring up any specific plan, but if there is one I'm sure that they'll be happy to email it to you. However, Ron Paul has long been in favor of making the kinds of spending cuts mentioned in this thread.

The overseas military spending budget is enormous and it doesn't seem far-fetched to suggest that one could cut a substantial amount of money from the federal budget by cutting off overseas spending, ending overseas conflicts, and closing/selling off overseas military bases.

Old 06-02-2011, 11:43 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,804,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash3780 View Post
Wow. How many politicians speak in platitudes? I can think of one commander-and-chief that is famous for it. If you want more information, call his office. I didn't bring up any specific plan, but if there is one I'm sure that they'll be happy to email it to you. However, Ron Paul has long been in favor of making the kinds of spending cuts mentioned in this thread.
Clearly, you have an issue with the President when he doesn't present a detailed plan. And you're up to defend his opposition when they claim about a plan by, again, pointing fingers at the President. Okay, I get it, you haven't seen a plan.

Quote:
The overseas military spending budget is enormous and it doesn't seem far-fetched to suggest that one could cut a substantial amount of money from the federal budget by cutting off overseas spending, ending overseas conflicts, and closing/selling off overseas military bases.
I don't disagree. But when a politician claims $1 Trillion in cuts when annual spending is less than that, shouldn't we at least know if it is over 10 years or 100 years?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies