Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 09:44 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
it further validates my statement that 99 percent of the voting public has no impact, and its that elite 1 percent that will decide the elections.

i used to have civic pride that voting was something worthwhile and it was important. thats a tired old argument by the clueless.

i read a political article saying obama is lining up donors to raise 700,000 each to have 300 mill in the war chest ready to go. thats under 500 people.

again. your 5-10 dollar, 100 dollar donation or whatever to your little gop candidate or dem candidate is irrelevant. you have no effect on who wins, so quit pretending your vote actually means something. thats the simple truth of it.

And it sure doesn't help when illegals get to vote. WTH?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2011, 09:56 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,274,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
He obviously believes in politicians buying elections.

After receiving over one billion dollars in campaign contributions, we should be a bit concerned with how indebted our president will be to the donors after he assumes office. We have seen 0bama kick back billions in taxpayer dollars to the unions, after receiving tens of millions from SEIU alone. You could probably go down a list of 0bama's major campaign donors and find tens of billions funneled to them thru government programs like TARP, the Stimulus, 0bamaCare, and many others. not to mention political appointments that are made as a way to payback donors. They give you millions in contributions, and you appoint one of their trusted people to a powerful position in government, so they get the insider trading info they need to make ten fold on their contributions.
Exactly! I can't even imagine how many new CZARS will be added to the collection if O gets elected after collecting a BILLION DOLLARS he has to pay back one way or another!

Old 04-08-2011, 06:02 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Exactly! I can't even imagine how many new CZARS will be added to the collection if O gets elected after collecting a BILLION DOLLARS he has to pay back one way or another!
Well, maybe YOU can explain how Republicans will campaign without using any money???? No other Obama haters can seem to do that....

Maybe YOU can answer the question below?? NO other Obama hater can answer...why not?????

Gee, it'll sure be interesting to see how the Repugs run a campaign without any money.....REPUBLICAN Rep. Michelle Bacmann broke a record for Representative campaigns with the funds she raise in '08...(some was even from INSIDE the country).

...I'm sure the repugs in here will agree that was gluttonous, shameful, suspicious...RIGHT!??

Old 04-08-2011, 06:24 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
Default Selective outrage no doubt

Quote:
Originally Posted by westwaswon View Post
How can Democrats explain where the money comes from ? I thought all the rich were Republicans? Is it all American ? What do the donors want in exchange ?
How much is from union dues ? Is that not laundered stimulus money .
Given to Unions ,
collected in dues ,
then donated back to Obama campaign ?
I am embarrassed that my country spends so much on elections .

President Obama plans $1bn fund to fight for re-election | The Sun |Features
Credit Obama for knowing what he needs to offset a conservative Supreme Court and its support for corporations financing GOP candidates. He can get this kind of money because he has that amount of SUPPORT. Millions want this man reelected, and $1B is a figure that indicates the level of opposition to that shameful GOP. Most people in this country do not want more of Bush.

Instead of focusing on Obama, focus on all the money given to clear Bush-like incompetents like Palin, Trump, Limbaugh, Huckabee, Romney, and all the other scary GOP suspects.

Old 04-08-2011, 07:29 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
it further validates my statement that 99 percent of the voting public has no impact, and its that elite 1 percent that will decide the elections.
But I'm sure you were elated with Citizens United decision from the Supreme Court last year.

Old 04-08-2011, 08:01 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
It's a load but outrage is not exactly the word I had in mind.
So now money in politics is a good thing to those on the left?

We can clearly see the crony capitalism going on in the 0bama admin, he is the exact reason why people are concerned about these wealthy and powerful special interest groups buying politicians.

0bama was the first presidential candidate to opt out of public funding for the general election, yup, he is historical.

Old 04-08-2011, 08:17 AM

3,857 posts, read 6,957,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
obama was the first presidential candidate to opt out of the public finance system.
George W. Bush in 2000 became the first major-party candidate to win the presidential nomination without taking federal matching funds for the primaries. Since then, no nominee has. Obama became the first major-party nominee to turn down general election money.

Republicans are against taxpayer financing of political campaigns and have introduced a bill to eliminate it.

Watergate-Era Public Finance System Faces Budget Ax - Bloomberg

Old 04-08-2011, 08:20 AM

3,857 posts, read 6,957,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Gee, it'll sure be interesting to see how the Repugs run a campaign without any money.....
Vote for Trump. He'll use his own money.

Old 04-08-2011, 08:24 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Credit Obama for knowing what he needs to offset a conservative Supreme Court and its support for corporations financing GOP candidates. He can get this kind of money because he has that amount of SUPPORT. Millions want this man reelected, and $1B is a figure that indicates the level of opposition to that shameful GOP. Most people in this country do not want more of Bush.

Instead of focusing on Obama, focus on all the money given to clear Bush-like incompetents like Palin, Trump, Limbaugh, Huckabee, Romney, and all the other scary GOP suspects.
You think that ruling allows "corporations financing GOP candidates"? You seem to think this ruling allows corporations to contribute unlimited amount directly to the candidates.

BTW, this ruling also gave unions the same freedoms as corporations.

Old 04-08-2011, 08:25 AM

3,681 posts, read 6,274,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Well, maybe YOU can explain how Republicans will campaign without using any money???? No other Obama haters can seem to do that....

Maybe YOU can answer the question below?? NO other Obama hater can answer...why not?????

Gee, it'll sure be interesting to see how the Repugs run a campaign without any money.....REPUBLICAN Rep. Michelle Bacmann broke a record for Representative campaigns with the funds she raise in '08...(some was even from INSIDE the country).

...I'm sure the repugs in here will agree that was gluttonous, shameful, suspicious...RIGHT!??
Obama is the one to set the pace. He is the POTUS. He is the INCUMBENT. At this economically distressed time, it is shameful for him to set the bar this high; especially considering the social/political paybacks that will be mandated as a result of accepting campaign funds from the likes of Union Thugs, etc.; not to mention the likes of Soros and his evil comrades. But, in the end, we shouldn't worry too much, because O is still gonna LOSE in 2012.!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies