Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 04:02 PM

37,741 posts, read 40,793,232 times

Advertisements

I hear some Democrat is raising money in NY by calling the Tea Party "fringe" so what is it about:

1. Small Government
2. Low Taxes
3. Free Markets

that is fringe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2011, 04:06 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,863,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I hear some Democrat is raising money in NY by calling the Tea Party "fringe" so what is it about:

1. Small Government
2. Low Taxes
3. Free Markets

that is fringe?
No. It's because Democrats used to have a party slamming the religious right and it worked. Now that the Tea Party replaced the religious right, focusing on fiscal issues, the Democrats have absolutely no argument. If the Republicans would just cut defense, the Democrats would no longer have any ground to stand on to avoid cuts.

Old 04-07-2011, 04:08 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,151,240 times
There is nothing "fringe" about a movement that hundreds of thousands of people participate in. The "fringe" smear is a desperation charge.

Old 04-07-2011, 04:20 PM

37,599 posts, read 21,776,331 times
Definitely not fringe. It just seems that way to the 20% or less that are liberals.

here is one example of a TEA Party group in Wisconsin that I just Googled.

Tea Party Patriots Mission Statement and Core Values

Mission Statement

The impetus for the Tea Party movement is excessive government spending and taxation. Our mission is to attract, educate, organize, and mobilize our fellow citizens to secure public policy consistent with our three core values of Fiscal Responsibility, Constitutionally Limited Government and Free Markets.

Core Values

• Fiscal Responsibility
  • Constitutionally Limited Government
  • Free Markets
Tea Party Patriots | Mission Statement and Core Values (http://www.teapartypatriots.org/Mission.aspx - broken link)

Notice ho there is nothing about race, gender, ethnicity or religion.

Old 04-07-2011, 04:22 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,454,765 times
Here is a possible answer: A Tea Party Foreign Policy - By Ron Paul | Foreign Policy

"As one who is opposed to centralization, I am wary of attempts to turn a grassroots movement against big government like the Tea Party into an adjunct of the Republican Party. I find it even more worrisome when I see those who willingly participated in the most egregious excesses of the most recent Republican Congress push their way into leadership roles of this movement without batting an eye -- or changing their policies!"

Old 04-07-2011, 04:27 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,504,931 times
Lets see
Goal 1: Make koch brothers kings of America(I mean this really)

Goal 2: Destroy middle class

Goal 3: reverse civil rights

Goal 4: Imprison Obama for being black and President

Goal 5: Attack all Mexicans no matter if they work for you.

Goal 6: Create wage slaves from former middle class

Goal 7: Eliminate Health care for wage slaves. Dont need them after 40 just thier strong young.

Goal 8: Eliminate public schools wage slaves dont need to read and write.

Goal 9: phase blacks out completly get back to white serfdom

Thats just a start. Im very serious. Please start fighting back.

Old 04-07-2011, 04:30 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,504,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Definitely not fringe. It just seems that way to the 20% or less that are liberals.

here is one example of a TEA Party group in Wisconsin that I just Googled.

Tea Party Patriots Mission Statement and Core Values

Mission Statement

The impetus for the Tea Party movement is excessive government spending and taxation. Our mission is to attract, educate, organize, and mobilize our fellow citizens to secure public policy consistent with our three core values of Fiscal Responsibility, Constitutionally Limited Government and Free Markets.

Core Values

• Fiscal Responsibility
  • Constitutionally Limited Government
  • Free Markets
Tea Party Patriots | Mission Statement and Core Values (http://www.teapartypatriots.org/Mission.aspx - broken link)

Notice ho there is nothing about race, gender, ethnicity or religion.
Didnt have to. Somethings are just understood

Old 04-07-2011, 04:31 PM

29 posts, read 70,422 times
People that dont think the tea party is composed of rednecks and racists obviously are blinded by Fox News. Ive been to a few tea party rallies just to witness it. Most of the people were over 50, I saw one black lady out of about 500 people. Lots were obese, drove in from the country, and a few were missing most of their teeth. They dont understand that the Republicans were and are just using them in order to screw them over and advance monetary gains for giant corporations who dont give a crap about people or America.

Old 04-07-2011, 04:31 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,277,678 times
The Tea Partiers I know are sensible, middle-class people who are watching their future and especially their children's future being drained away by both parties, and they are fed up. Both parties know this and are trying to hold onto power by shaming these people by labeling them "extreme" or "fringe".

And it's not working. What I also find interesting is how many Tea Partiers are Generation X and are sick and tired of the baby boomers locked into their ideological battles and unable to create significant change.

Old 04-07-2011, 04:34 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,794,115 times
There is nothing extreme about the TP - just more manufactured narrative from the democrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies