Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2011, 08:40 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
If I was born into an environment that was conducive to the promotion of the gay principle .. chances are .. I'd be gay (overbearing Mothers come to mind here) .. but since I was raised in a rather healthy environment, I ended up straight.
So how come my uncle ( who was raised along with 4 more siblings ) is the only one who turned out GAY in my WHOLE family? Even though my family is RELIGIOUS as it gets? And they always encouraged him to do so-called "manly things"?

Please explain to me how that happened and why my mom, my aunts and other uncle are all straight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2011, 08:40 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,461,160 times
Quote:
If I was born into an environment that was conducive to the promotion of the gay principle .. chances are .. I'd be gay (overbearing Mothers come to mind here) .. but since I was raised in a rather healthy environment, I ended up straight.
Then why are there gay people in Iran, Saudi Arabia, Uganda, Jamaica, Russia, Poland, and tons of other countries that are definitely not conducive to gays?

Quote:
.. note: Dependency and Love are two different things, and there are the many that confuse the two .. just because a parent insists that they love you, doesn't mean that they do .. your definitions, concepts, individuality, tastes .. and more .. are developed at a very young age.

Many can't remember being born, or even what they ate for dinner one afternoon at 5 when they were two .. so it's no wonder that can't remember ever "becoming gay" .. this isn't something that you're born with .. likes, tastes, and the desire for things, are all learned behaviors ..

For someone to come in here and claim that being gay is as natural as the sun shining, is a bit of a stretch .. we all have the potential to become, or not to become, the best or the worst we can be .. and it all starts in the first year of life .. what you "learn" as a child, will follow you for the rest of your life.
I'm still trying to figure out if you are arguing that sexual orientation in general is learned or if only homosexuality is learned. Can you please clarify?

Old 04-09-2011, 08:42 AM

Quote:
That has got to be one of the most ignorant things I have ever heard in my entire life.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:46 AM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Are you arguing that all sexual orientations are learned or just homosexuality? Is heterosexuality learned or inherent?
Attraction is a learned behavior .. how hard can that be for you to understand?

homosexuality, or heterosexuality .. does it make a difference?

Learning is what it is .. you can't add anything to it .. not even for the sake of argument.

No one is inherently gay or straight on the day that they are born ..

This whole "I was born gay" argument is a fail .. They can't remember what they might have had for dinner 12 years ago at 2 oclock, but they're damn sure they were born gay .. what a ruse that is.

And to add insult to injury, they come in here and post, or bother Congress about being treated special because they might have happened to learn the wrong things when they were children ..

Old 04-09-2011, 08:48 AM

Quote:
A learned behavior? How is it that most people try and try to be attracted to another person but they just can't bring themselves up to do that?

Attraction is NOT a learned behavior. You are either attracted to someone or you are not. You cannot force yourself or learn to be.

Oh and before I forget: how about you tell all of us who are the amazing people who taught you how to be straight? Maybe you can teach all the gay folks in this world how to be straight! I bet you will be making millions!

Old 04-09-2011, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
So how come my uncle ( who was raised along with 4 more siblings ) is the only one who turned out GAY in my WHOLE family? Even though my family is RELIGIOUS as it gets? And they always encouraged him to do so-called "manly things"?

Please explain to me how that happened and why my mom, my aunts and other uncle are all straight.
Name one family that treats "all" of their children "exactly" the same.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:50 AM

Quote:
It's not. I was just trying to make sure I was understanding you clearly.

Quote:
homosexuality, or heterosexuality .. does it make a difference?

Learning is what it is .. you can't add anything to it .. not even for the sake of argument.

No one is inherently gay or straight on the day that they are born ..

This whole "I was born gay" argument is a fail .. They can't remember what they might have had for dinner 12 years ago at 2 oclock, but they're damn sure they were born gay .. what a ruse that is.

And to add insult to injury, they come in here and post, or bother Congress about being treated special because they might have happened to learn the wrong things when they were children ..
In that case I disagree with you, but at least you're consistent.

I don't understand how gay people want to be treated special. How is wanting the rights other people already have wanting to be treated special? Gay people just want to be treated the same. Why is it "special" when gay people get the same rights straight people already have?

Old 04-09-2011, 08:54 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
Default Does "homophobia" really mean hating gays?

Nope it's just another word made up from people crying and trying to play the victim, just like children using hater and such.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
A learned behavior? How is it that most people try and try to be attracted to another person but they just can't bring themselves up to do that?

Attraction is NOT a learned behavior. You are either attracted to someone or you are not. You cannot force yourself or learn to be.

Oh and before I forget: how about you tell all of us who are the amazing people who taught you how to be straight? Maybe you can teach all the gay folks in this world how to be straight! I bet you will be making millions!
Study up a bit on children .. between the ages of 0 and 6 .. then study up on security, insecurity, cohabitation, anxiety, verbal/mental abuse (as it relates to 3 year olds) ..

Attraction is indeed a learned behavior .. case in point: Some men like hot blond chicks .. some guys like plain brunettes .. why do you suppose that is?

Were some people just "born" liking blonds or "football"? Or was there a time in their lives that "taught" them that these were the cool things to "like".

I'm sure that once you get beyond your denial, you'll have a much better go of it in life .. Here's to hoping that the day comes that you become as enlightened as you claim to be now ..

Old 04-09-2011, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Nope it's just another word made up from people crying and trying to play the victim, just like children using hater and such.
Even when it's in reference to people who are raped or murdered for being gay? Or would you say it's legitimate in that case?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies