Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2011, 02:49 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,107,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Is it too diffcult for you to type in the word homosexuality on the American Academy of Pediatrics site?

Here is just one article on that site:
American Academy of Pediatrics (2004) Sexual Orientation and Adolescents
http://aappolicy.aappublications.org/cgi/content/full/pediatrics;113/6/1827

Do you think you know better than 60,000 fully qualified and experienced Pediatricians about sexual orientation and child development?
Um, you're the one who was citing it as a source. I think you should look up how to cite things correctly, you can't just link to the general page and expect people to find what you're talking about.

This article tells me NOTHING. The abstract just talks about how to deal with homosexual patients who are children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2011, 02:50 PM

415 posts, read 449,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
seems legit to me

This shows a pretty basic non-understanding of science.

Nothing in science is ever proven. Nothing in science is ever opinion.

I think any use of a two-thousand year old fairy tale book is takes away from any meaningful discussion about homosexuality.
Ask any Mathematician, Chemist etc. They will show you how to prove things. You should have done that in High School. Mathematical proofs, how to prove something is an acid etc.

Old 04-10-2011, 02:50 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,296,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Huh? It's a general statement, not a label. I say things like that all the time about liberals...how else should I phrase it? Should I individually name each poster who likes to shirk responsibility on this forum? That would take days.

No, the poster did not post things that he didn't understand..and it's slightly funny you should say that, considering that my comment was that YOU and your ilk would not understand it. There was no prejudice there. That is what you are choosing to see. It's like a racist person goes around seeing racism everywhere, even if it doesn't exist. That's b/c people with prejudices have trained themselves to be on the lookout for things that back up that prejudice, so they project onto others the same things.

Again, the post was not prejudiced in any way and the premise remains correct.
LOL (http://www.reece-eu.net/gallery/var/albums/funny/Pot%20Kettle%20Black.jpg?m=1272636617 - broken link)

Old 04-10-2011, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Sweetie, I started studying developmental psychology before you were born. And I continue to update my knowledge all the time because of my profession.

I suggest you try to open your mind, practice some critical self-reflection, acknowledge your prejudices, and learn that you still have a lot to learn.

If you want people to respect your opinions, try to show them some respect first by doing some honest research, instead of labelling hundreds of millions of gay people as "mentally ill, brainwashed and lying to themselves" and other insults you have flung about with gay abandon on these forums -all based on a lack of knowledge and obvious prejudice.
And if you know so much about developmental psych, why did you refuse to respond to my post, and instead post the above CRAP? I don't need a lecture from anyone, much less someone I have no respect for.

Old 04-10-2011, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallbanger View Post
Ask any Mathematician, Chemist etc. They will show you how to prove things. You should have done that in High School. Mathematical proofs, how to prove something is an acid etc.
That is not true.

Science only gathers evidence.

Nothing can be proven because there is always the possibility for contradictory evidence.

Old 04-10-2011, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Great!

So we're all in agreement that sexual orentation, like most other matters of human behavior, is the result of a genetic predispotion, personal chemistry, environmental factors and learned behavior.

I assume we also all agree that a genetic predisposition leaves lots of room for personal choice and later personal development. One may be heterosexual, homosexual or somewhere in between based on a number of factors to include personal choice, experience, environment and learned bahavior.

Now get your born-gay propaganda out of the elementary schools and stay away from our kids.
Can't rep you again!

Old 04-10-2011, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Can't rep you again!

I am still waiting for a response to my post. I'm thinking you ignore it because you can not counter with anything reasonable but rants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
That is not true.

Science only gathers evidence.

Nothing can be proven because there is always the possibility for contradictory evidence.
That's false. If you go and buy an acid, how do you think they know it's XX acid? How do you think they know what ingredients are in creams, lotions etc? They know it because they can prove it. Like they have to know what ingredients are in medications. If they didn't know it, they couldn't help you.

Old 04-10-2011, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
There is certain amount of good in everyone but everyone is weighted down by evil that comes as a result of being separated from God. Most people go about to establish their own own righteousness by there own precepts or by the laws of God but the law was given to show man how out of the way man is. The Law can only condemn because all have sinned and therefore can not save. The New Covenant is: The Spirit gives Life through mercy and His Power to change the nature of a man in the presence of the Living God. Therefore Jesus said, "If you being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more shall your Heavenly Father give the Spirit to those who ask."
This articulates it perfectly. As Jaymax so kindly pointed out before, I used to have no problem with people being gay before I found God again. My argument was the same as theirs, love is love, doesn't matter who it's with, we shouldn't say one kind of love is better than another or that homosexuality is wrong b/c they can't procreate. But when I found God and started going back to church and reading the Bible, my views changed so drastically and my liberal mindset vanished (and no, I was not going to some radical church that indoctrinates its congregants with political crap). The homosexuality thing was actually one of the hardest for me to accept (abortion was the first thing I changed my mind on...that one was easy!). I didn't change my opinions on purpose, that came from having a relationship with God again.

I wholeheartedly agree that separation from God is the cause of the evils of the world. No question about it. None. And we as humans do have a sinning nature, we have free will and the devil can wreak havoc on our lives if we allow it and start breaking down those walls that we have built with God to protect us.

Old 04-10-2011, 03:04 PM

Quote:
This articulates it perfectly. As Jaymax so kindly pointed out before, I used to have no problem with people being gay before I found God again. My argument was the same as theirs, love is love, doesn't matter who it's with, we shouldn't say one kind of love is better than another or that homosexuality is wrong b/c they can't procreate. But when I found God and started going back to church and reading the Bible, my views changed so drastically and my liberal mindset vanished (and no, I was not going to some radical church that indoctrinates its congregants with political crap). The homosexuality thing was actually one of the hardest for me to accept (abortion was the first thing I changed my mind on...that one was easy!). I didn't change my opinions on purpose, that came from having a relationship with God again.

I wholeheartedly agree that separation from God is the cause of the evils of the world. No question about it. None. And we as humans do have a sinning nature, we have free will and the devil can wreak havoc on our lives if we allow it and start breaking down those walls that we have built with God to protect us.
Who said "same-sex love is better" ?

Old 04-10-2011, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallbanger View Post
I am still waiting for a response to my post. I'm thinking you ignore it because you can not counter with anything reasonable but rants.
Scientists would disagree with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
It is the aim of science to establish general rules which determine the reciprocal connection of objects and events in time and space. For these rules, or laws of nature, absolutely general validity is required — not proven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Feynman
If you thought that science was certain — well, that is just an error on your part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies