Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 01:28 PM

33,495 posts, read 36,983,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
im not religous at all

the FACT is the gays keep saying it not a choice...ok...then it is GENETIC (you cant have it both ways )

so either its a choice ..or you are BORN with it, a GENETIC NEUROLOGICAL deformity...like autism
I guess you think that bald men have a deformity, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2011, 01:34 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,360,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I guess you think that bald men have a deformity, right?
its certainly an illness of the folicle

Old 04-08-2011, 01:39 PM

28,396 posts, read 16,244,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
...The whole "denial of rights to homosexuals" is not a "rights" issue, at all. It is based on wanting to share in the financial benefits that accrue to heterosexual couples.

Wrong. For the thousandth time - the SCOTUS has declared marriage a "basic civil right".

There are legal protections and benefits that have nothing to do with money involved in being legally married, as well.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 04-08-2011 at 02:55 PM.. Reason: Please discuss the topic, not each other.

Old 04-08-2011, 02:05 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,283,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
What do you mean by 'disagree'. we didn't choose to be gay in the first place. so it couldn't possibly be gay people you 'disagree' with. You disagree with the reality of the situation and you disagree with nature or God's decision that we were born. so yes anybody who 'disagrees' with an unchosen trait is called a bigot. anybody who 'disagrees' that we should have the right to marry is aptly called a bigot. they're rights we deserve that YOU GET that have NOTHING TO DO with you.
'Disagree' means I think you are wrong. You automatically think you are right. I just brought up the unfortunate probability is ya'll are wrong. It is only very recently that these 'experts' have agreed with ya'll.

I do have religious beliefs and they say homosexuality is wrong. What you call 'reality', I call folly. Believe what you wish, and I'll believe what I believe.

Old 04-08-2011, 02:22 PM

164 posts, read 103,292 times
Quote:
Anybody who 'disagrees' with homosexuality is a homophobe because gay people don't 'choose' to be gay. that means you are disagreeing NOT with PEOPLE with the the REALITY of the SITUATION and a TRAIT you don't like. It's like saying you disagree with black skin. Is that really black people's problem or yours?
there is no actual proof or fact that living this unnatural life style isn't a CHOICE.

Old 04-08-2011, 02:29 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,567,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
'Disagree' means I think you are wrong. You automatically think you are right. I just brought up the unfortunate probability is ya'll are wrong. It is only very recently that these 'experts' have agreed with ya'll.

I do have religious beliefs and they say homosexuality is wrong. What you call 'reality', I call folly. Believe what you wish, and I'll believe what I believe.
Um, US GAY people ARE the experts. I KNOW I didn't choose to be gay because I"ve experienced being gay my WHOLE LIFE WITHOUT CHOICE> the 'experts' aren't QUESTIONING whether being gay is a choice or NOT. That's already been answered by GAY PEOPLE. They're interested in discovering the reasons WHY.

Old 04-08-2011, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salem baptist View Post
there is no actual proof or fact that living this unnatural life style isn't a CHOICE.
Firstly, YOU CAN ASK GAY PEOPLE

Secondly, homosexuaity isn't a LIFESTYLE nor a CHOICE. BEING GAY is not an 'action' or a 'behavior'. I share the same 'lifestyle' as my straight family and friends.

There, FROM THE SOURCES MOUTH, you've been proven wrong.

Old 04-08-2011, 02:35 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,283,159 times
Quote:
Firstly, YOU CAN ASK GAY PEOPLE

Secondly, homosexuaity isn't a LIFESTYLE nor a CHOICE. BEING GAY is not an 'action' or a 'behavior'. I share the same 'lifestyle' as my straight family and friends.

There, FROM THE SOURCES MOUTH, you've been proven wrong.
Actually, that's just your opinion. I don't recognise you as a authority figure.

Old 04-08-2011, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Actually, that's just your opinion. I don't recognise you as a authority figure.

So, you don't recognize GAY PEOPLE as an AUTHORITY on being GAY? hmmm. I've never experienced being straight so i recognize STRAIGHT people as an authority on being STRAIGHT. not gay people.

OF COURSE gay people are the ultiamte authority on being gay. We're the only ones in the world who actually EXPERIENCE BEING GAY.

So do you also not recognize black people as the authority on being black?

You are pretty demeaning. Not only do you bash us, you think YOU know more about ME than I DO> wow. Sickening.

Old 04-08-2011, 02:39 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,360,161 times
most mentally ill dont recognize they are mentally ill
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies