Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2011, 08:06 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,199,738 times

Advertisements

well, there's the problem you are way over paying for those cars of yours, 2011 Prius should only be $22k if you pay sticker, but nobody pays sticker... 2011 Toyota Prius

Quote:
Originally Posted by redroses777 View Post
Really??? I think I will trade in my Pontiac to buy a $30,000 Prius and make payments while working one of those McJobs Obama created. Oh, wait let's see, it might be hard to afford one on a $280 paycheck. Oh, and my area made substantial cuts to public transportation. What the heck do liberals expect the poor to do??? Are you all going to redistribute your wealth and buy every poor and middle class person a Prius?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2011, 08:08 PM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Obama is 100% correct, I sold off a 2004 V-8 Buick Rainer 18 months ago for a 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid. went from 16.7 MPG to 43.7 MPG overnight. If I hypermile I can get upwards of 100 MPG for 15 or 20 miles stretches.

43.7 - 16.7 = 27 free miles every gallon.

if i drive 15,000 miles a year the Rainer would eat $3600 at $4 a gallon. The Fusion would eat $1380 at $4.

Saving $2220 a year, I'll take it.
How much did you pay for the car? How much did you get back for your trade in? Did you pay cash or do you have a car loan with a high rate....so in the end you pay for 3 x the price of a car, instead of what I pay for my cash paid car?

How many years before you get that back...

Most smart people like you only calculate the gas per miles, instead of including what the bought the car for, trade it in, how many years they had the car, insurance differences, etc...that is how you calculate what the car is costing you.

Every "smart" car salesman will use the calculation you use and only the people who don't use their brains a little more will fall for that and meanwhile being off more expensive...

You are excatly what Obama loves about his followers...people who believe every word he says without thinking any further.

Old 04-08-2011, 08:09 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times
I would of gotten a Prius if it wasn't so underpowered, ugly, lacked a lot of gadgets, and overpriced... at least you save money on gas... and that's about it...

Old 04-08-2011, 08:23 PM

37,175 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Link???

47% of all people in the US pay no taxes.

Many get back more than they paid in.
What really never ceases to amaze me is the way a lot of clowns defend the One Per Centers and can't stand the thought that they might pay tax. I guess the fools believe that A) the Zillionaires will notince them and return their love or, B) that they will themselves rise to that status.

They have a better chance of retiring by hitting the Powerball.

Old 04-08-2011, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbatca View Post
What you, the POTUS, and the environmentalists do not realize is if it were just a matter driving 8 mile to the gallon SUVs(*), then high gas prices would be inconsequential, but high fuel prices also affects price of delivering most goods, including FOOD. Petroleum also is used for making things, such as plastics, so the price of many other things goes up. High oil prices also affects heating homes, so that affects even more people including many on fixed incomes. Gas prices also affects people commuting, and especially now, cannot necessarily just dump their homes to buy another one to move closer to work.

In short, POTUS and his environmentalist buddies cannot see just how deep and vast oil is ingrained into our society, and when the price of it goes up as much as it does, it affects almost everyone in every facet of life. It especially does not look good for POTUS to be that short sighted and mock people when they ask him about the issue either.

(*) what SUV gets 8 miles to the gallon???
So, I'll give the same advice i have seen given so often on here to those who can't afford healthcare: "Educate yourselves and get better jobs and make more money and you won't have the problem any more. Don't expect someone else to pay for your health care". Or your lifestyle. If you can't afford to live, get a better job.

(*) A Hummer.

Old 04-08-2011, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
How much did you pay for the car? How much did you get back for your trade in? Did you pay cash or do you have a car loan with a high rate....so in the end you pay for 3 x the price of a car, instead of what I pay for my cash paid car?

Most smart people like you only calculate the gas per miles, instead of including what the bought the car for, trade it in, how many years they had the car, insurance differences, etc...that is how you calculate what the car is costing you.

Every "smart" car salesman will use the calculation you use and only the people who don't use their brains a little more will fall for that and meanwhile being off more expensive...

You are excatly what Obama loves about his followers...people who believe every word he says without thinking any further.
I'll give you my example:

I had a Ford F150 that got 15 mpg and cost me nearly $200 per month for fuel. I bought a Toyota Corolla with 100% factory financing and opted for the five-year payment plan. There is no more cost associated with five than three, and it brought my payments well under $250 per month. I now spend @ $60.00 per month for gas and I have a vehicle that will last me for ten years plus. At 8 mpg I would have spent $400 per month. I'm driving a new automobile and at that rate would have an extra $100 in the bank at the end of every month.

In short, Our President gave the man some excellent advice. He should follow it, and soon. If he CHOOSES to keep the dinosaur, he should simply shut up and suck up the expense. No one is forcing him to drive an SUV, and it is nobody's obligation to see to it that he can live as he chooses at the price he chooses to pay.

Old 04-08-2011, 08:48 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times
You can save more gas and drive a Corolla or you can spend the extra money to drive a Ford F150... I choose the truck... what, you want to be buried with the money you save?

Old 04-08-2011, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
You can save more gas and drive a Corolla or you can spend the extra money to drive a Ford F150... I choose the truck... what, you want to be buried with the money you save?
You said the magic word. Congratulations!

And no, but I do want to retire in a few months. A little extra loot will come in handy.

Old 04-08-2011, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
How much did you pay for the car?
Fusion: paid $26.5k used with a nav system and 27 miles (dealer sold it to himself to take the hybrid credit before the credit expired and passed that credit into a price reduction)
Quote:
How much did you get back for your trade in?
Rainer: paid $28k new 1000 miles and a 6 year warranty. added 87,000 miles over 6 plus years and sold it for $9.5k
Quote:
Did you pay cash
always pay cash for my cars and homes, loans are for suckers. Haven't "owed" money to anyone in 20 plus years.
Quote:
or do you have a car loan with a high rate....so in the end you pay for 3 x the price of a car, instead of what I pay for my cash paid car?

i have a spread sheet that I have tracked the monthly cost of every car I have owned, I try to stay under $250 or so.
Quote:

gee, I didn't know Obama hated everyone and was saying and doing things to hurt people. Something doesn't seem right with that claim of yours.

Last edited by buzzards27; 04-08-2011 at 09:12 PM..

Old 04-08-2011, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
What really never ceases to amaze me is the way a lot of clowns defend the One Per Centers and can't stand the thought that they might pay tax. I guess the fools believe that A) the Zillionaires will notince them and return their love or, B) that they will themselves rise to that status.

They have a better chance of retiring by hitting the Powerball.
they are hoping if they do the zillionaires' dirty work they will give them a shorter stick so they have a better chance with that carrot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies