Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 04:48 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
My 0% factory financed loan cost me $1500 over the term, whether I had chosen 3, 4, or 5 years. With a 0% loan you pay a profit up front built into it. I knew what the dealer cost was on the car before I went to make the purchase.

I checked with my credit union before I bought, and the loan rate was @ 4%. Over four years, with me borrowing from the credit union, buying the car at invoice, and paying interest, there would have been three dollars difference in the monthly payment. Since my cash is still invested and drawing a return, I will in all likelihood come out ahead simply because I chose to make a monthly payment rather than pay cash for the vehicle.

If the subject of the OP bought a vehicle that he can't afford to feed and didn't pay cash on the barrelhead, he's even stupider that I originally thought.
Still....if you would have paid off the other car you would have been cheaper off...ask any smart person...only if you have very high taxes to pay it might help you with deductions on your taxes...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2011, 08:53 PM

37,174 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Still....if you would have paid off the other car you would have been cheaper off...ask any smart person...only if you have very high taxes to pay it might help you with deductions on your taxes...
I owned the trade in, and drove it long enough to get my money out of it. It was a Ford F150 that I paid $8000 for and drove eight years.

got smart enough to figure out that I could drive a new automobile for what is was costing me in gas for the truck.

Maybe the subject of the OP will wise up as well. Maybe he'll just sit in his driveway in his SUV and whine. Either way, no skin off my ass.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:03 PM

24,404 posts, read 23,065,142 times
Maybe people need to start thinking about trading in their home heating systems, instead. Heating oil prices will go through the roof and there's all this talk about marcellus shale opening up cheap new sources of natural gas. Of course, then we have to fork over $$$ to get 100 year old gas pipelines replaced.
Oil prices are being manipulated but its not just to get us to buy new cars.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:26 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,567,920 times
Obama's energy secretary has been quoted as saying he'd like to see Europrean-level gasoline prices in this country, somewhere in the neighborhood of $8.00 a gallon.

After the cataclysmic failure of the 'cash for clunkers' program, another in a long line of never-ending shots to the solar-plexus of this country's middle class, and especially middle-class African-Americans which Obama claims to represent, do we really need another equally boneheaded program like that?

The Volit is the most overpriced car on the planet, rebate or no rebate, so it's no wonder that Obama Motors sold a whopping 4,000 or so of them during the first quarter of 2011.

Last edited by Marv101; 04-11-2011 at 09:35 PM..

Old 04-11-2011, 09:34 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

Of course, this is what he WANTS - high gas prices so that people will move to his favorite tin can electric car.
Do you have any evidence to back such an assertion? I'm guessing....zilch.

Old 04-12-2011, 06:04 PM

Obama really likes to see higher gas prices, more money for his electric car program. I agree with Sanrene on this.

For the rest Obama is more than happy to sent all the oil money to his buddies in the Arabic Countries...

Does anybody hear anythign about Obama wanna get rid of Khadaffi? I guess Obama has forgotten about him too.....

Old 04-12-2011, 06:12 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,923 times
see post 237 above...
Quote:
Obama really likes to see higher gas prices, more money for his electric car program. I agree with Sanrene on this.

For the rest Obama is more than happy to sent all the oil money to his buddies in the Arabic Countries...

Does anybody hear anythign about Obama wanna get rid of Khadaffi? I guess Obama has forgotten about him too.....

Old 04-12-2011, 06:13 PM

37,174 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:

Probably. I'm still waiting for W to catch Osama Bin laden like he promised...

Old 04-12-2011, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Probably. I'm still waiting for W to catch Osama Bin laden like he promised...
How many terrorists has Obama picked up and interogated? How many are still held instead of let go...and put in Guatanama Bay?

Why did Clinton didn't catch Osama when he had the chance and he clearly had the chance but lacked the guts!

Btw I guess you are not so dumb to believe that Osama arranged 9/11 in 6 weeks or 6 month's...

He clearly worked on it for more than 1 year and that was under Clinton!

Old 04-12-2011, 07:47 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,923 times
But Clinton did catch and convict the WTC I attackers, didn't he.

funny thing was Clinton wasn't aware (pretty certain Bin Laden wasn't broadcasting his plans) that Bin Laden was determined to strike America using planes as missiles, but BUSH WAS WARNED and did nothing, too busy cutting bush in Crawford.

Your standards are pretty low if the number of people you jail is an indicator of how well a President is doing.
Quote:
How many terrorists has Obama picked up and interogated? How many are still held instead of let go...and put in Guatanama Bay?

Why did Clinton didn't catch Osama when he had the chance and he clearly had the chance but lacked the guts!

Btw I guess you are not so dumb to believe that Osama arranged 9/11 in 6 weeks or 6 month's...

He clearly worked on it for more than 1 year and that was under Clinton!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies