Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 05:05 PM

515 posts, read 368,488 times

Advertisements

Donald Trumps tells David Brody at the Christian Broadcast Network (CBN): "One thing about me, I’m a very honorable guy. I’m pro-life, but I changed my view a number of years ago. One of the reasons I changed — one of the primary reasons — a friend of mine’s wife was pregnant, in this case married. She was pregnant and he didn’t really want the baby. And he was telling me the story. He was crying as he was telling me the story. He ends up having the baby and the baby is the apple of his eye. It’s the greatest thing that’s ever happened to him. And you know here’s a baby that wasn’t going to be let into life. And I heard this, and some other stories, and I am pro-life."

RealClearPolitics - Video - Donald Trump Explains Pro-Life Conversion

Honestly I'm a pro-choice, but I can understand him about this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2011, 05:08 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,887,322 times
NO! Say it ain't so, Donald!

I can respect the pro-life position providing it makes allowances for rape, health, or other unusual extenuating circumstances, but this has got to be the most lame-o example I've ever heard!

And who besides me is highly doubtful that The Donald ever had a male friend who confided such things in him? It's just not what men do. He cried? I doubt it.

Old 04-08-2011, 05:14 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,416,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
NO! Say it ain't so, Donald!

I can respect the pro-life position providing it makes allowances for rape, health, or other unusual extenuating circumstances, but this has got to be the most lame-o example I've ever heard!

And who besides me is highly doubtful that The Donald ever had a male friend who confided such things in him? It's just not what men do. He cried? I doubt it.
I believe him. Just because he is a ruthless businessman does not mean that he does not have a heart and soul. He seems to be a doting father to all of his children. Maybe he realized that his friend almost threw away the chance to experience the joy of being a father.

Old 04-08-2011, 05:17 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,418,437 times
I think it's BS because he's thinking about a presidential run. He has to appeal to the pro-lifers to win the Republican nomination.

By the way, I have no problem with the pro-life cause (but I'm certainly not a Republican). I was just pointing out what seems to me to be blatant political pandering.

Old 04-08-2011, 05:25 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,981,656 times
I'm skeptical of all candidates/...other people talking about perhaps running for the President, who suddenly change their views on some issue that is critical to their party's base. John Kerry was for the war before he was against it, Donald Trump was pro-choice before he was pro-life, and Mitt Romney...well Mitt Romney's been for and against everything sometimes simultaneously.

I have nothing wrong with an honest change of heart, I know my views have evolved and too a small degree are still evolving, but right before an election to just have a magical change of heart, and now you're in line with the party base... Eh, color me skeptical.

Old 04-08-2011, 05:30 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,416,518 times
I would be very surprised if Donald Trump actually runs for President. I think he is just trying to motivate voters to become involved.

Old 04-08-2011, 05:36 PM

860 posts, read 2,205,778 times
In other words, the wealthy buffoon is changing his tune to appeal to the tea partiers in order to help secure the GOP nomination. I can practically guarantee should Trump actually become the GOP nominee, he will again suddenly change his tune and drop nonsense such as the birther "controversey" to try to appeal to the vast middle who don't buy into all the tea party BS. He is just doing what any other slimey businessman in his position would do.

Old 04-08-2011, 05:39 PM

515 posts, read 368,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberleutnant View Post
In other words, the wealthy buffoon is changing his tune to appeal to the tea partiers in order to help secure the GOP nomination. I can practically guarantee should Trump actually become the GOP nominee, he will again suddenly change his tune and drop nonsense such as the birther "controversey" to try to appeal to the vast middle who don't buy into all the tea party BS. He is just doing what any other slimey businessman in his position would do.
Tea Party is a FISCALLY conservative, not social conservative, movement, this movement is all about fiscal sanity and future of our children.
Social conservatives are another kind of people, mainly evangelicals.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 04-08-2011 at 07:45 PM.. Reason: Personal attack

Old 04-08-2011, 05:46 PM

860 posts, read 2,205,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragneel View Post
OMG you're ignorant ! Tea Party is a FISCALLY conservative, not social conservative, movement, this movement is all about fiscal sanity and future of our children.
Social conservatives are another kind of people, mainly evangelicals.
Yeah right, you really think tea partiers don't overlap to a large extent with socially conservative values? Talk of limiting abortion and the like is music to most of their ears as well.

Old 04-08-2011, 05:49 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,509,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberleutnant View Post
It's no different than Al Gore, John Kerry, Ted Kennedy or Dick Gephardt changing from pro-life to pro-murder when they decided to seek national office as Democrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies