Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 10:36 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times

Advertisements

Palin has no substance or intelligence. Her moment of "flash-in-the-pan" fame is over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2011, 10:59 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,292,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
You're assuming the Republicans wanted a Republican president in 2008. I'm increasingly starting to wonder if they wanted to stick a Dem with the whole stinky mess.
This is what I think.

Old 04-11-2011, 11:04 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,108,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
You're assuming the Republicans wanted a Republican president in 2008. I'm increasingly starting to wonder if they wanted to stick a Dem with the whole stinky mess.

You know, that makes a lot of sense. Considering the attention span of the average voter, it was a brilliant plan, really.

Old 04-11-2011, 11:07 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times
Too funny, Obama would like to have her poll numbers.

Old 04-11-2011, 11:07 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,128,950 times
Palin is a man.

Seriously. Look at her hands.

Old 04-11-2011, 11:15 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
Bascailly palin is as alive as any one who is not a candidate now. Look at all the people jumping on the palin like bandwagon. Even Obama is now saying on wednesday he will unvail his plan to cut the deficit spending and debt.Doesn't sound like a dying idea to me really. I thnik perhaps isn;t the Pali haters hoping really. She is not a candidiate I would vote for but she has tremous influence as we saw in the mid-terms. When you loo at ex-=vide presdiential candidates or ven recent presidentail who do you see have more influence. Palin that is who.McCain;Kerry;Gors have little real polical influences on voters now days and looking at the past many names are forgotten.

Old 04-11-2011, 11:31 AM

164 posts, read 103,798 times
She's "flaming out" because she's been on the news and everyone talks about her (liberals & conservatives) everyday and night? Does that make any sense?

Old 04-11-2011, 11:34 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by salem baptist View Post
She's "flaming out" because she's been on the news and everyone talks about her (liberals & conservatives) everyday and night? Does that make any sense?

As far as I know, Palin has only been on Fox News! Is Fox News a "liberal" news source?

Old 04-11-2011, 11:47 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I have to say, I am surprised the moderators are not cracking down on the Palin threads, why not combine some of them?

Nita
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
They prolly gave up.
There's at least one new one every day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
I think she was more of a factor to her chronic detractors. Heaven knows there were Palin threads ad nauseum on CD and were pretty much big echo chambers.

Even the DumpMonkeys at democratic underground were getting sick of the Palin threads.

If and when she's out of the political limelight I wonder who Progressives will have their fits of outrage over?

Beck threads are kind of stale too. Hint, hint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Yeah, she's totally irrelevant.
That's why they're totally obsessed with her.
I'd love to see her as head of the RNC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Another Palin thread.

Still scared I see.

Keep it up so we can all see that Sarah bothers you all so much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
Why are the Left/Democrats so obsessed with Palin? Reverse psychology? Make the Right/Republicans think she is the frontrunner so that we compel her to run? Thus ensuring an easy re-election for President Obama. She didn't impress me in 2008 and has done nothing since to change my mind.
Quote:
well I still wonder why the far left think the only way you can be sure of a victory is by the GOPs putting up a less than popular candidate? If Obama was better respected and more popular you wouldn't have to hope for anything. I will say, at least you are honest and aren't rattling on about whatever.

Nita
Quote:
Why is it such great news for the upcoming election? Again you are talking through what appears to be the hole in your head: you, as well as others, have been saying all the way, that she should run, it would help your cause, now you are saying her not running will help. Which is it and what part of the GOP not supporting her, do you not understand?

Nita

If ya don't want her talked about(and I understand your embarrassment )...don't post......or it looks like it's not only Democrats and Libs who are OBSSESSED

Old 04-11-2011, 12:18 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,576,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Another Palin thread.

Still scared I see!
Keep it up so we can all see that Sarah bothers you all so much.
That's a pretty standard line about the whole Palin thing!!

What people who could say such a thing fail to see or understand is that it's not really Sara that's so scary at all but the fact that someone like her could be taken seriously as a major spokesperson by millions of people. That thought is very scary indeed. The idea that a person of very little substance and no ideas at all could even be considered as a long shot for President just reaffirms that the public discourse in America has sunk below any kind of acceptable standard.

That's the reason that progressive people who care about their country's future and direction get a little upset with the whole thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies