Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2011, 11:31 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Everyone in this thread who believe that a woman should be forced to be pregnant (no matter the reason how or why she got pregnant).

The OP pretty much communicates that a woman is nothing more than a vessel to carry a "man's seed"

I'm sorry, but this is 2011 . If you want to treat women like 2nd class citizens, then find a time machine and go back to the 1600's
Sorry, I simply expect you to be a responsible citizen, if you said "yes", and you had sex then you and the other person are equally responsible, and equally liable for the consequences.

DO NOT expect me to pay for your procedure, either way. I was not involved in your decision, just like your jumping into a car drunk, and driving into and killing someone, shouldn't hold me responsible financially for your actions.

Old 04-09-2011, 11:38 AM

8,885 posts, read 5,365,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Planned Parenthood provides a wide variety of services, and that is funded by Title X. The federal funding cannot be used for abortion services, which totals 3% of PP's services.
Maybe they could cease providing that troubling 3% of services. Seems to ba causing this fine organization a lot of grief, maybe it's not worth it.

Old 04-09-2011, 11:52 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,731,689 times
It's the woman who has to go through all the uncomfortable aspects of pregnancy, then labor and birth, and after that it is usually her who still does most of the rearing and housework. Not few sacrifice their careers and economic independence.
So I think women deserve the right to determine everything going on within their bodies, just to compensate.

Old 04-09-2011, 11:55 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
I would like to bring this excuse into a discussion.
In my mind it was your body when you allowed a man to put his seed into your body. We all know what happens next, you will either skate on by or become pregnant. IF you allow this to happen to YOUR body and become pregnant, there are 2 extra people that have dibs on your body. One is the baby because it is now his home for awhile and the other is the man that was allowed in because now HIS baby is in your body.
I just can't see how the women can use the excuse that it is HER body once she made the mistake to allow others into it.
Just wondering.
like some of us heard as kids....my house, my rules

Old 04-09-2011, 12:00 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Sorry, I simply expect you to be a responsible citizen, if you said "yes", and you had sex then you and the other person are equally responsible, and equally liable for the consequences.

DO NOT expect me to pay for your procedure, either way. I was not involved in your decision, just like your jumping into a car drunk, and driving into and killing someone, shouldn't hold me responsible financially for your actions.
so you are presumptuous enough to tell people what to do with their life if they have sex, yet you don't want to pay for any procedure. sounds opinionated, bossy and cheap.

do you support paying for all the social services once a child is born?

Old 04-09-2011, 12:14 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,308,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Maybe they could cease providing that troubling 3% of services. Seems to ba causing this fine organization a lot of grief, maybe it's not worth it.
Why? So only people with the funds to do so can go overseas to get an abortion? What about poor women who need abortions to save their own lives or because their fetus' are deformed or damaged? Where is their access to safe, low-cost abortions without places like Planned Parenthood?

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 04-09-2011 at 12:42 PM..

Old 04-09-2011, 12:32 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Why? So only people with the funds to do so can go overseas to get an abortion? What about poor women who need abortions to save their own lives or because their fetus' are deformed or damaged? Where are their access to safe, low-cost abortions without places like Planned Parenthood?
When their loved ones have unplanned pregnancies it's because of birth control failure. When poorer women who have unplanned pregnancies, it's because they are irresponsible sluts. Don't you see how it works?

Old 04-09-2011, 12:51 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,388,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
When their loved ones have unplanned pregnancies it's because of birth control failure. When poorer women who have unplanned pregnancies, it's because they are irresponsible sluts. Don't you see how it works?
Have you ever noticed how no one talks about personal responsibility in the context of their own mistakes? Every time I hear "personal responsibility" it seems to be a pretext for butting into other people's lives and choices.

Old 04-09-2011, 01:11 PM

956 posts, read 1,113,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Have you ever noticed how no one talks about personal responsibility in the context of their own mistakes? Every time I hear "personal responsibility" it seems to be a pretext for butting into other people's lives and choices.
I believe that we call those people conservatives...

Old 04-09-2011, 01:16 PM

11,758 posts, read 14,644,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Exactly.

Getting pregnant by a dopey loser from Wasilla, Alaska wasn't irresponsible for Bristol Palin because it enabled her to score a $262,000 job pimping abstinence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies