Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2011, 09:25 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,435,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post

If a pregnant woman is murdered, it is considered two counts of murder.
Cite.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:25 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,041,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
DUHHH, it wasn't all the same woman...

Where'd ya get your numbers???

Read any history yet?
Outstanding retort!

Old 04-09-2011, 09:27 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,435,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post

I have a friend who was 15 weeks pregnant when the doctors told her the baby had severe deformity, was missing a chromosome and would be a vegetable for the rest of her/his life.

She chose to have an abortion. Is she a horrible person for doing what she did? How do you guys see that?
They'll tell you life is life and all life is sacred.

And they don't even care if it puts the family into bankruptcy to care for the deformed vegetable "life", a life is a life is a life.

But don't dare ask that they, as taxpayers, pay for her "mistake". Oh no. That would be an outrage against the American Way!

Old 04-09-2011, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
WHERE does a woman having an abortion infringe on YOUR rights? NO WHERE!

If you don't care for human nature talk to whoever or whatever created humans with a sex drive....complain to them!!!...it's life, sorry you don't like it but you can't do anything to change it so rage on but rage at the correct entity....not ONE of us ASKED to be put here.
Shouldn't we appreciate it though?

Old 04-09-2011, 09:30 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,035,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I have a friend who was 15 weeks pregnant when the doctors told her the baby had severe deformity, was missing a chromosome and would be a vegetable for the rest of her/his life.

She chose to have an abortion. Is she a horrible person for doing what she did? How do you guys see that? Was she selfish? Was she right?

I can't judge and I can't stand people who think they have the right to. Abortion is just such a personal decision.
My goodness, don't you know that the pro-lifers would have gladly lined up to adopt that deformed child?

Old 04-09-2011, 09:30 PM

811 posts, read 550,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by salem baptist View Post
Fear mongering? You have absolutely no data to back up your assertion that there will be more abortions.
Quote:
So has murder and slavery.

It doesn't make it right.
Touche'! However, those that were forced through slavery were FULLY AWARE OF WHAT THEY EXPERIENCING. You have an abortion, would the baby really know it? If I asked you to describe how it was being a fetus would you be able to tell me? Unless you're stewie from family guy, no you won't. Slaves, they had to harshly live through it all, a fetus would have no concept of It happening.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
You better start telling men who can't afford to take care of their own children to keep it in their pants, it takes two to make a baby. I assume you remained a virgin until you could afford to raise a child.
All I ever hear from the left is how a woman has the "right to choose".

Old 04-09-2011, 09:31 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,676,147 times
Quote:
Shouldn't we appreciate it though?
As much as I love being "alive" now and being a human being...I have to say that I kind of wished my mother would have had an abortion when she found out she was pregnant with me.

She didn't raise me. She didn't raise my sister. She wants NOTHING to do with both of us. She was never there for us...and she will never meet her granddaughter.

She was extremely selfish and just gave us away...like it was someone else's responsibility to deal with her "problems."

I resent her and probably always will.

Yes, adoption is always an option and so is abortion. I understand that...but some women think the latter is their best option. In the end is best than being a mediocre parent who has nothing good to add to the child's life.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
I won't even bother to get into a discussion with you about your delusional beliefs of what is constitutional and what is not.

What you and other anti-choice posters seem to be missing is that nobody's taking any of your tax money to fund someone's abortion.
Sure they are.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
You got that right. The first recorded abortion was from the Egyptian Ebers Papyrus in 1550 BC and Chinese documents prove they were used as early as 500 BC to end unwanted pregnancies. 3rd and 4th century Christian documents even describes the best kinds of tools to use to induce abortions. There has never been a culture or time frame in history that did not abort unwanted fetuses.

History of abortion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
There were many centuries of slavery and many cultures that have, and still do, enslave other people.

It doesn't make it right or moral.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.