Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2011, 09:07 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,383,339 times

Advertisements

I'd like to see a bill introduced that requires men that are behind in child support payments or, that have abandoned a child be required to undergo a vasectomy or lose their drivers license and right to vote. There would be some screaming about that.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:09 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
I would like to bring this excuse into a discussion.
In my mind it was your body when you allowed a man to put his seed into your body. We all know what happens next, you will either skate on by or become pregnant. IF you allow this to happen to YOUR body and become pregnant, there are 2 extra people that have dibs on your body. One is the baby because it is now his home for awhile and the other is the man that was allowed in because now HIS baby is in your body.
I just can't see how the women can use the excuse that it is HER body once she made the mistake to allow others into it.
Just wondering.
I would like to, once again, bring this comment on your idea into the discussion.

Your post expresses your opinion, not fact. If this is what YOU believe - DON'T HAVE AN ABORTION.

For the rest of us: MYOB.

Now you no longer have to wonder.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:11 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
Let's clear this up ONE MORE TIME. No federal dollars, nope, not a single dollar, dime, or penny is used to FUND ABORTIONS.

What do people not get about that?
FAIL

Old 04-09-2011, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Bottom line: most staunch anti-abortionist are men. Men will never get pregnant. And they will never, ever, ever, control my decision. Men have no control over the pregnancy and abortion situation and it's killing them.

This abortion argument is more about a man's control over women than it is about a fetus.
You bet its killing human life.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:16 AM

Quote:
It goes back to my argument that men don't get pregnant, so that's why we see more staunch anti-abortionists that are men. The anti-abortion argument is 90% about a man's ability to control women and a situation and 10% about the fetus.
Tell that to my three Daughters and Wife who drug me to a right to life march one day when I would rather have been watching football. Based on my observations 80% of the marchers where women.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:16 AM

401 posts, read 473,727 times
Quote:
Also, I would like to know how it is okay to abort a child without the fathers consent after he was allowed to place his seed into that body.
???
This is a major issue. I hear all the crap about men trying to control women, blah blah blah, but men should have a say in what is happening to the fetus that the woman and man created together. I could argue that is the women that want have all of the control and this stems from a feminist power ploy.

What gives the woman the right to abort that fetus without the consent of the man that she allowed to inseminate her? If she decided not to terminate the man will be fully responsible for that child without any exception.

I understand the exception of rape, and if there is a case of rape, I believe that the woman should have a choice to abort the pregnancy.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:18 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,392,719 times
Quote:
I would like to bring this excuse into a discussion.
In my mind it was your body when you allowed a man to put his seed into your body. We all know what happens next, you will either skate on by or become pregnant. IF you allow this to happen to YOUR body and become pregnant, there are 2 extra people that have dibs on your body. One is the baby because it is now his home for awhile and the other is the man that was allowed in because now HIS baby is in your body.
I just can't see how the women can use the excuse that it is HER body once she made the mistake to allow others into it.
Just wondering.
Quote:
Also, I would like to know how it is okay to abort a child without the fathers consent after he was allowed to place his seed into that body.
???

It has been determined that abortion is a right in Roe v. Wade. It is also been determined that the only people that should have a say in the pregnancy are the mother and the father. The mother bears the burden of the pregnancy. Because of that she has a greater interest in the pregnancy then the father does. In decisions involving two people where one has a greater interest, that person gets to call the shot since if the two ever disagree, the one with a greater interest at stake should be favored.

For that reason HER body is viewed as important.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
There are a lot of things people don't get. If you try to explain them what is fact from fiction you will waste the rest of your life.

Remember: "never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
Thats what my wife keeps telling me when I argue with baby terminators.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:23 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
It has been determined that abortion is a right in Roe v. Wade. It is also been determined that the only people that should have a say in the pregnancy are the mother and the father. The mother bears the burden of the pregnancy. Because of that she has a greater interest in the pregnancy then the father does. In decisions involving two people where one has a greater interest, that person gets to call the shot since if the two ever disagree, the one with a greater interest should be favored.

For that reason HER body is viewed as important.
Having been on the fathering side of an abortion that I did not support, your reasoning was quite sound and correct. I voiced my opinion, tried my best arguments, but ultimately the decision was not mine to make.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:25 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,521 times
Not gonna lie: when I found out I was pregnant, my first reaction was "I have to have an abortion". The father felt the same way. I decided to keep the baby ( I am 8 weeks away from delivering now). The father was against my keeping the baby. But after a while he got "used" to the idea. We are happy and thrilled now.

We were both terrified of having children. I never wanted one and I didn't think I was going to get pregnant seeing that PCOS and Endometriosis run in my family and none of my female cousins and my sister have been able to conceive for years ( A couple in their 20's, one in her 30's and another one in her 40's. ) So I am the first female to have a child in my family in 23 years.

I do see this as a blessing now but I can't judge someone who has an abortion because when I first found out, that is what I wanted to do.

Like I've said before, I don't know what motivates them to do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies