Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2011, 09:28 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,651,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
finally you spit it out I am not pro death. calling abortion "murder" does not make it so.

if you are against abortion and think women shouldn't have one then you are for forced breeding. you think women should be forced to remain pregnant against their will?
Yup. I think they should have to live with the decision they made. You were the one who said the baby is a human, which is what I believe in the first place. You said "sure it is human", thats a qoute from one of your post. What happens when you murder a human outside the womb, you go to prison or you get the death penalty(which I am personally against). It should be consistent with those humans that are conceived within the mother as well. As others have noted a baby that just got to the outside is not able to feed his/herself, clothe themselves, provide shelter for themselves, survive by themselves. They depend on someone else. Heck some adults with disabilities depend on other people to survive.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:28 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,916,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
You've misunderstood my post. Some of the same posters who have expressed support for Roe V Wade, a decision by the SCOTUS, also say they support a woman's right to choose because "its her body". My point was that they seem to support a woman's right to choose except when the SCOTUS has decided differently.
i see..
regarless of anyone's opinion, there is just no way to FORCE someone to have a child..
a fetus is a potential human life.. of course, but it is also scientifically a parasite while in the womb.. it lives off of the woman's body..
There is no way in a free constitutional society to enforce such laws upon a woman...
you can shut down all the clinics you want.. just like you shut down all the drugs.. but if there is a demand for a service or good.. it will always be available legal or not.. If I wanted a bag of weed, easy as going to the supermarket.. so too will abortion services... it's like beating a dead horse

Old 04-11-2011, 09:29 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,461,350 times
Abortion is legal, get over it.

The end.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:29 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
Quote:
You've misunderstood my post. Some of the same posters who have expressed support for Roe V Wade, a decision by the SCOTUS, also say they support a woman's right to choose because "its her body". My point was that they seem to support a woman's right to choose except when the SCOTUS has decided differently.
If the SCOTUS had decided differently, women would still be getting abortions. Women have had elective abortions for 1000s of years.

For this reason, it should remain legal, so it can remain safe. Expecting women not to want to abort an unwanted pregnancy is the same as expecting humans not to have recreational sex. You might as well ask the rain not to fall and the wind not to blow.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:32 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
Yup. I think they should have to live with the decision they made. You were the one who said the baby is a human, which is what I believe in the first place. You said "sure it is human", thats a qoute from one of your post. What happens when you murder a human outside the womb, you go to prison or you get the death penalty(which I am personally against). It should be consistent with those humans that are conceived within the mother as well. As others have noted a baby that just got to the outside is not able to feed his/herself, clothe themselves, provide shelter for themselves, survive by themselves. They depend on someone else. Heck some adults with disabilities depend on other people to survive.
think for a moment a baby in the womb needs that womb to survive. a baby already born can be dependent on anyone willing to do the job. big difference. once a baby is born it becomes a full citizen with rights.

so you would support breeding farms and guards to watch over pregnant women with unwanted pregnancies to make sure they don't abort. should they be forced to give the baby up for adoption or do you want them punished more for having sex in the first place and want them to raise the child as part punishment for their deeds?

Old 04-11-2011, 09:33 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,296,560 times
Quote:
so you would support breeding farms and guards to watch over pregnant women with unwanted pregnancies to make sure they don't abort.
WTF?

when people start bringing up 'breeding farms' it's time to close the thread

Old 04-11-2011, 09:35 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
WTF?

...or at the very least...abort it!

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
Quote:
Yes, I can say that I too am very educated on the subject, yet I am intellectually honest enough to be able to defend my position instead of diverting away from a question that might prove me otherwise. I would not say that I'm pro-choice and still support a law that removes such a choice. I would not claim that a woman should be able to do what she wants with her body and then support a Supreme Court decision that removes that choice. I understand your position clearly now, its simply ideological and not consistent.
Not at all. Your insinuation is clear, you are insinuating that women are stupid. My position is that women most certainly are not stupid. They understand their bodies, they understand they should have a say over what happens to their bodies, they value science, they value the opinion of physicians. Very few pregnant women seeking abortions are physicians, and therefore seek out the proper care from a physician. Having abortion on demand available until 40 weeks gestation is extremely dangerous for the mother, it is extremely difficult for the provider, and more importantly is cruel and inhumane for the fetus. Women know this. Women who seek out the care of a physician will be told this. Being pro-choice is not an all or nothing stance. Sorry that doesn't fit in your little box nicely, but that's just how the majority of pro-choice supporters think.

You know, the same inconsistency are pro-lifers who are really pro-choice because they believe in abortion in cases of rape, incest, and health implications for the mother.

This is a complex issue.

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
WTF?

follow the yellow brick road, if you want abortion outlawed, what do you do with the women who don't want to remain pregnant?

Old 04-11-2011, 09:37 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,296,560 times
Quote:
follow the yellow brick road, if you want abortion outlawed, what do you do with the women who don't want to remain pregnant?
Obviously, the only rational answer is 'breeding farms'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies