Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2011, 02:35 PM

11,754 posts, read 14,607,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
And in many part of the world especially in third world countries, nobody gets very wound up over miscarriages and abortions.
Actually, that's nearly true in the United States.

I've known many women who have had abortions and miscarriages, and sometimes it's been very upsetting to them for a brief period.

I have never been to, or even heard of, a funeral for an aborted or miscarried fetus.

Old 04-12-2011, 02:44 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,604,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Actually, that's nearly true in the United States.

I've known many women who have had abortions and miscarriages, and sometimes it's been very upsetting to them for a brief period.

I have never been to, or even heard of, a funeral for an aborted or miscarried fetus.
I've personally known people that have had funerals/memorials for babies lost at 7 months. Some people would argue for abortion of babies that far along.

Old 04-12-2011, 02:55 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,533,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
I've personally known people that have had funerals/memorials for babies lost at 7 months. Some people would argue for abortion of babies that far along.
That's why it's always for the best that people make choices that are more appropriate for them.

Old 04-12-2011, 03:08 PM

2,028 posts, read 1,884,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
I think it is amusing to see everyone slamming women and talking about them being responsible , yet noone talks about the responsibility of a man. Do men not have a responsibilty to put a condom on prior to having sex? Why is this a moral issue about women and their choices? What about men and their choices? Why is equal blame not being placed on male and female?

And for those that morally oppose abortion what are you doing to help these women that find themselves pregnant and not wanting to be? Are you offering to help them through their pregnancy and then after the birth, or are you just passing judgement on them? Are you educating both your sons and daughters about the effects of unprotected sex or are you burying your head in the sand and hoping they aren't having sex?
Good afternoon,

It's amazing that the often used "he should have worn a condom" excuse is still used. Do you not realize the same argument can be used against women by people who want to outlaw abortion? There are female condoms too, you know.

Instead of advocating for men to live up to a higher standard that you're NOT holding women to, maybe you should advocate for equality in an abortion situation and give men the right to financially opt-out just as the women you advocate for can physically opt-out.

Last edited by Freedom123; 04-12-2011 at 03:29 PM..

Old 04-12-2011, 03:10 PM

18,340 posts, read 18,959,240 times
Quote:
get it through your head, an aborted baby at 7 months was in severe distress and was likely not aborted because the mom didn't want it

if the mother feels like a service she should have one

Old 04-12-2011, 03:12 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,029,085 times
Quote:
Only if the baby was dead or dying.

Since that's the only reason TO abort at that period.

Old 04-12-2011, 03:14 PM

2,028 posts, read 1,884,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Tell that to the foster care homes full of non white children
Good afternoon,

I HIGHLY DOUBT that people in this thread are advocating against abortion SPECIFICALLY to create a larger pool of "perfect, white" babies for themselves to adopt. This is what I responded to, do you really believe that nonsense?

I'll wait.

Old 04-12-2011, 03:17 PM

18,340 posts, read 18,959,240 times
anti choice folks seem to think that "all" babies are wanted by someone and would be snapped up the moment they were available to adopt. in reality that is far from the case

Old 04-12-2011, 03:24 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,029,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
The reason a man should pay child support is because he chose to stick it in there. Once you do that you have rolled the dice. There are consequences for everything we do in life. If you think an abortion is taking the easy way out you are mistaken. Sometimes we make difficult choices in order to survive. It has nothing to do with why women should Not be forced to remain pregnant with something that is USING her body to develop. The two are completely separate issues.
WHile I support the woman's right to abort no matter what the reason, I have to honestly say that I don't see men having the ability to "abort" their parental rights is a separate issue.

While men shouldn't have a say on what a woman does with her body, as they do not have the ability to get pregnant therefore cannot know the pain of childbirth, if they truly do not want to be a part of the child's life, then he should have the right to cancel all parental rights, with the addendum of "Never getting them back again". No matter what the circumstance.

The only reason why I say this is that if one parent can "abort" their parental rights, the other party "should" be able to as well.

Either way, if the genitalia is exterior instead of interior, they shouldn't have a say on abortion.

Old 04-12-2011, 03:27 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,203,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
The moment a state or city made laws making abortion illegal they interfered.
A moment an abortion is done somene dies
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies