Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 12:57 PM

19,784 posts, read 12,037,251 times

Advertisements

This is an abuse issue, not a race issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2011, 01:04 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,293,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Mom is MORE guilty. She betrayed her child's trust. Her child looks to her to see "is this okay what's happening to me?" Her child looks to her to stop the pain, to protect and nurture.

This evil cow has already popped out two innocent babies, meanwhile, scores of decent, moral, loving infertile couples are out there who cannot conceive no matter what medical care they receive.
Sterilize?

Old 04-10-2011, 01:06 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,879,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Sterilize?
At the very least.

And there are tens of thousands just like her.

Old 04-10-2011, 01:09 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,236,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahnyc View Post
That's because 9 out of 10 times they are the ones committing it.
Is Stormfront down today?

I'm going to ask you for statistics on this amazing comment that 9 out of 10 times minorities are committing crimes.
You're saying that 90% of crimes are committed by a small percentage of the US.

I'd also like for you to look at the sentencing for white v. black criminals; who gets off or a light sentence and who gets a heavier sentence for the same offense.
There are numerous studies on the disparities in the sentencing structure.
You might want to peruse them.

Old 04-10-2011, 01:43 PM

13,290 posts, read 15,262,527 times
Quote:
This evil cow has already popped out two innocent babies, meanwhile, scores of decent, moral, loving infertile couples are out there who cannot conceive no matter what medical care they receive.
The lord works in mysterious ways

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Then there's no hope for you.
No hope for me because I'm not ready to condemn a person to tortuous death based upon one article from an online newspaper?

I'd disagree about where hope does not lie

Old 04-10-2011, 01:46 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,565,345 times
Quote:
Here's a pic of her "man." Why any woman would allow a man to hurt her baby is beyond me.

Lehigh man charged with aggravated child abuse of toddler boy - Legal Forum
Getting laid is more important to these people than the lives and well-being of their own children is why.

Old 04-10-2011, 02:12 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,879,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Getting laid is more important to these people than the lives and well-being of their own children is why.
Yeah, I know, but he's not much to look at, is he?

Old 04-10-2011, 02:23 PM

19,784 posts, read 12,037,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
The lord works in mysterious ways

No hope for me because I'm not ready to condemn a person to tortuous death based upon one article from an online newspaper?

I'd disagree about where hope does not lie
Is an AP article good enough for you?
http://www.news-4jax.com/news/27491822/detail.html (broken link)

btw, most decent people come to the defense of innocent children and animals, not their abusers.

Old 04-10-2011, 02:27 PM

13,290 posts, read 15,262,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Is an AP article good enough for you?
http://www.news-4jax.com/news/27491822/detail.html (broken link)
Nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by what happens when I click your link
Sorry, the page you were looking for cannot be found

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
Error: (DNS), click the back button to try another link.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne
btw, most decent people come to the defense of innocent children and animals, not their abusers.
Who has come to the defense of the abusers?

Old 04-10-2011, 02:29 PM

589 posts, read 755,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Is Stormfront down today?

I'm going to ask you for statistics on this amazing comment that 9 out of 10 times minorities are committing crimes.
You're saying that 90% of crimes are committed by a small percentage of the US.

I'd also like for you to look at the sentencing for white v. black criminals; who gets off or a light sentence and who gets a heavier sentence for the same offense.
There are numerous studies on the disparities in the sentencing structure.
You might want to peruse them.

Facts cant be racist, keep that in mind. Though 90% is a exaggeration, the black crime rate is still light years out of proportion to the black population itself...

Race and crime in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Murder

"A United States Department of Justice report which surveyed homicide statistics between 1974 and 2004 stated that of the crimes surveyed, 52.2% of the offenders were Black, 45.8% were White, and 2% were Other Races. Of the victims in those same crimes, 50.9% were White, 46.9% were Black, and 2.1% were Other Races. The report further stated that "most murders are intraracial" with 86% of White murders committed by Whites, and 94% of Black murders committed by Blacks."

Black people are only 13% of the population...Yet commit the majority of Murder in the nation [52%]. Whites commit 45.8% of the murders...But that white % includes Hispanics in the total so the real White % is lower than stated. Also, Whites make up 64% of the population. So if Crime was equal Whites should commit atleast 64% of the murder...But thats not the case.

Again, dont hate the facts [by claiming racism or whatever].

Crime trends

"Some studies had argued for smaller racial disparities in violent crime in recent times. However, a 2011 study which examined the racial disparities in violent crime and incarceration from 1980 and 2008 found little difference for black share of violent offending. Racial imbalances in arrests vs. incarcerations were both small and consistent across the time period. The authors argued that the prior studies had been confounded by not separating Hispanics from Whites. The number of Hispanic offenders have been increasing rapidly and have violence rates higher than that of Whites but lower than that of Blacks."

In other words, the % of crime committed by Black people today in 2011 is roughly the same as it was in 1980. That is in spite of vastly improved education for black communities since 1980, and more opportunities via affirimitive action and electing a Black President and many many other black people to leadership positions.

Prison data

"The racial composition of the US prison and jail population as of 2008 was 60.21% (African American (non-Hispanic), 20.29% Hispanic, 13.44% White American (non-Hispanic) , and 6.06% Other (American Indian, Alaska Native, Asian American, Native Hawaiian, Pacific Islander American, and Multiracial American).[26]
For men in their early thirties, African-Americans are about 7 times more likely to have a prison record than whites. They are more likely to have been in prison (22.4 percent) than in the military (17.4 percent) or in college. 12.5 percent have a bachelor’s degree. The results are highly dependent on education. 30 percent of those without college education and nearly 60 percent of high school dropouts had prison records."

...Im not even going to bother commenting on that. It speaks for itself.

Racial homogeneity of geographic areas

"Studies have examined if ethnic/racially heterogeneous areas, most often neighborhoods in large cities, have higher crime rates than more homogeneous areas. Most studies find that the more ethnically/racially heterogeneous an area is, the higher its crime rates tend to be."

In other words, a lilly white town has less crime than one that is 50% white and 50% black. Going by crime statistics, I am not at all surprised. And that is in no way a racist statement since it is backed up by facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies