Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 05:13 PM

934 posts, read 1,346,765 times

Advertisements

YouTube - Town Hall Questioner To Obama: 'I'm Exhausted Of Defending You'

Why do you think Obama get 90% plus support from the black voters? They though he would solve all their problems just by become president. The black community is hurting and its hurting a lot more than whites and even Hispanics. Him being black, the average black person seen him as a friendly ally to the community. Am I some racist because I am more concern about the black community? I love people of all colors.

Its starting to become obvious that Obama uses Sharpton to keep the black leader in check. Look at Tavis Smiley and how he and Al argue about what Obama role in helping blacks. Now you have Cornell West questioning Obama's commitment to blacks and Big Al talking over him. That is why I say he is Obama's enforcer. The other black leader have not seen the inside of the oval office.

Just my two cent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2011, 07:10 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
To this day, every time I see Sharpton I also see Roy Innis knocking fat Sharpton (he was heavy duty during this era) off stage- on TV. Sharpton and the chair he was sitting fell behind the stage. All you can see was his legs sticking up in the air. Quite funny really.
The only time I ever see Sharpton is when he's on Fox and I don't know why but with O'Reilly, Sharpton appears reasonable.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:22 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,829,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by River_Dawg View Post

A couple of questions:

Why is a white guy HOSTING this forum?
Why is this lady defending Obama, when he laughed in her face?
Has Obama healed the black community or divided it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diqr921cx6A

didnt know white folk was soley interested in things like this,sounds like you wanted to stir up trouble?

or the fact that 2 black males going at it with opposing views

Old 04-12-2011, 01:21 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
George W. Bush was very much a leader. Those who can't see past his personal politics are those who don't think he was much of a leader....but there's no denying GWB said what he meant and meant what he said. Barack Obama on the other hand....I honestly don't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth because he has not indicated that he has the ability to back any of it up. I've yet to figure out if he's ideologically entrenched or simply loyal to nothing. Two plus years into his Presidency, this shouldn't be a question mark. I see nothing in this President that indicates true leadership. NOTHING.

Which is why Sharpton is all up in arms. He's having trouble coming to terms with the Failures of the First Black President.

But, But, But, come on AeroGuyDC; you mean your not going to blame Bush for the mess we are now in, what is wrong with you and i, i too like you have never believed a thing that comes out of this Presiden's mouth, he has alterior motives for everything he says and does. Two plus years, of nonesense, and blaming others, gosh does it not get quite old, two plus years, and he still blames others for his ignorance. This President is not a leader, you are the company you hang out with, just take a look at his pals.

Old 04-12-2011, 01:36 AM

1,933 posts, read 1,825,357 times
Quote:

YouTube - Town Hall Questioner To Obama: 'I'm Exhausted Of Defending You'

Why do you think Obama get 90% plus support from the black voters? They though he would solve all their problems just by become president. The black community is hurting and its hurting a lot more than whites and even Hispanics. Him being black, the average black person seen him as a friendly ally to the community. Am I some racist because I am more concern about the black community? I love people of all colors.

Its starting to become obvious that Obama uses Sharpton to keep the black leader in check. Look at Tavis Smiley and how he and Al argue about what Obama role in helping blacks. Now you have Cornell West questioning Obama's commitment to blacks and Big Al talking over him. That is why I say he is Obama's enforcer. The other black leader have not seen the inside of the oval office.

Just my two cent.
Wow you have a penny here. Where does this train of thought come from? Have you heard voices somewhere or real human beings saying this is how they feel about President Obama. Have thousands of black people told you what they thought about the President or just the one black friend you have?

Old 04-12-2011, 06:05 AM

934 posts, read 1,346,765 times
Why did blacks overwhelmingly vote for the current president? The whole election he stayed as far as he could from race issues, except when Rev Wright forced his hand. Can anyone answer that?

Old 04-12-2011, 06:40 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
I would post a comment on this thread but I have checked with Rev. Al this morning.

Old 04-12-2011, 06:42 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Quote:

A couple of questions:

Why is a white guy HOSTING this forum?
Why is this lady defending Obama, when he laughed in her face?
Has Obama healed the black community or divided it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diqr921cx6A

Yeah, those "blacks" need to be kept in line.

Great title, dude, real uplifting.

Old 04-12-2011, 07:03 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times
The black "professor" is one of the main reasons I'm interested in pursuing a tenure track after graduation. The academic system needs to be infiltrated by closet conservatives and libertarians to arrest the proliferation of the "stupid gene".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies