Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 08:31 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Says the party that when they became the majority in the House said their only task and issue that they cared about was getting Obama impeached.
Who said that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2011, 08:39 PM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
It is a little different. The contract with public employees did not guarantee employment. Chrisite asked the teachers to accept a pay freeze and contribute modestly to their benefits. They were free to refuse but some teachers would then lose their jobs. See my point about growing up?
Not talking about employment but retirement benefits. I've heard from some already retired folks that their benefits are being changed. Your point about growing up is meaningless in that regard, what makes unilateral change in an agreement reached by TWO parties OK in your mind?

Old 04-11-2011, 08:42 PM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
See above, you clearly don't understand the issues involved in NJ.
No, your anti-union bias is clearly affecting your ability to judge a situation fairly. The issue has nothing to do with NJ, it's purely a case of one party attempting to alter an agreement reached by two parties. You accept that because?

And BTW, I've never been a union member and disagree with many union doings, but I also believe in honoring a deal that's been agreed to.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:47 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Four Republican Governors are facing recall due not only to their insane and irrational behaviors and actions in the recent months, but their continued assault on their communities and the people of their State.

Governor Scott Walker R-WI

Governor John Kasich R-OH

Governor Jan Brewer R-AZ

Governor Rick Snyder R-MI

Here's to good times....

I live in Wisconsin, and I dont think that gov walkers actions were insane or irrational. he is trying to balance a budget. the only thing I think he did wrong was to not include the police and firefighters unions in with the same deal as they are trying to give the teachers.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:40 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Not talking about employment but retirement benefits. I've heard from some already retired folks that their benefits are being changed. Your point about growing up is meaningless in that regard, what makes unilateral change in an agreement reached by TWO parties OK in your mind?
Benefits of those retired are not changing.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:43 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
No, your anti-union bias is clearly affecting your ability to judge a situation fairly. The issue has nothing to do with NJ, it's purely a case of one party attempting to alter an agreement reached by two parties. You accept that because?

And BTW, I've never been a union member and disagree with many union doings, but I also believe in honoring a deal that's been agreed to.
You a flat out wrong. The situation is exactly as I described. The union had 2 choices accept concession, which happens frequently between unions and management, or there would be layoffs.

Old 04-12-2011, 08:34 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
And the House never started the impeachment resolution nor was there any such talks like Fiyero claimed..
actually there WAS a few representatives that have broached the subject of impeachment of obama, some republican and some democrat. fortunately cooler heads have prevailed thus far, and there has been no movement in that direction.

Old 04-12-2011, 01:17 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,297,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
It's a shame Rick Perry from Texas isn't on that list. Where are the dems when you need them.
Rick Perry is protected by the "Good Ole Boys" network of Texas politics. That network has to eventually destroyed and at that point Texas will join the 21st century in terms of politics.

Old 04-12-2011, 01:17 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Four Republican Governors are facing recall due not only to their insane and irrational behaviors and actions in the recent months, but their continued assault on their communities and the people of their State.

Governor Scott Walker R-WI

Governor John Kasich R-OH

Governor Jan Brewer R-AZ

Governor Rick Snyder R-MI

Here's to good times....
and none will even come close to being recalled. Anyone can start a recall patition, we all know that. Something as stupid as this would be like saying WOW, just look, Obama might be impeached anyday now...

This whole thing is a joke, especially when you put J. Brewers name on the list.

Give it up, before your dreams turn into nightmere's.

Nita

Last edited by nmnita; 04-12-2011 at 01:29 PM..

Old 04-12-2011, 01:23 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Says the party that when they became the majority in the House said their only task and issue that they cared about was getting Obama impeached.
The party actually said that, all the newly elected reps? Where are you getting your slated information, we would love to see the source. If you do not have the source, maybe you should be a little more careful about posting things you can't varify.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies