Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2011, 12:18 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,885,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
So you condone bullying then?
Kids hear and use words, often I grant you without knowing what they mean, but, the seeds of hate are sown young and there is absolutely nothing wrong with teaching them that certain words can hurt.

In the past two years way too many children have killed or tried to kill themselves due to homophobic bullying. If your child's schools saves just one child's life, then I say your discomfort was worth it. And, if your discomfort leads you to withdraw your child from the school and not 'expose' your other children to same, then, that will mean that many fewer children not exposed to a family that thinks that way that you do.
Win-win.

Homophobic Bullying is a Problem.

An 8 year old child is not aware of his sexual orientation yet and neither are his playmates. There would be no reason for them to call each other homosexual names and they wouldn't even know these names were it not for the incessant babbling of the gay agenda activists. The conservatives that I know, both Christian and Jewish (and I've known a lot of them over my lifetime) do not use gay slurs AT ALL and their children are not even aware of such language (unless they go to public school and get a "lesson" on the subject.) It would appear that it is the liberal kids who have the problem with using gay slurs, since they have been well educated about them.

Children can be taught that derogatory words may not be used, that name calling is not allowed, without going into detailed explanations about homosexual relationships, or delving into topics and values that are best left to the individual family's discretion.

The whole issue with homosexual bullying is merely an excuse to bring indoctrination into the school system. Children are bullied for MANY reasons. Anti-bullying efforts should be aimed at the problem IN GENERAL, and not hone in on one specific group.

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-13-2011 at 09:55 AM.. Reason: off topic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2011, 12:21 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
When it comes to bullying, stick up for yourself. Bullies pick on the weak, fight back, they go elsewhere.
That's pretty weak. Any teacher who doesn't try to stop bullying when it's obviously happening is doing a poor job, in my opinion.

In a civilized society, there are behaviors that are acceptable and those that are not acceptable. If we say that bullying is okay and that it's up to the victim to fight back, we're going to have a much less civilized society.

What's next? Are you going to suggest that kids shoot their tormentors in order to deal with the problem?

Old 04-12-2011, 12:23 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,302,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Children can be taught that...name calling is not allowed
Can adults?

Quote:
I've come to expect that from radical leftists.

Old 04-12-2011, 12:24 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,043,339 times
Quote:

The whole issue with homosexual bullying is merely an excuse to bring indoctrination into the school system. Children are bullied for MANY reasons. Anti-bullying efforts should be aimed at the problem IN GENERAL, and not hone in on one specific group.

You'd have a point if homosexuals were the only group that were "honed into".

Old 04-12-2011, 12:27 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,797,840 times
Will it make him gay. I don't know.
Will it get the crap kicked outta him...sure will. Trust that.

When he's changing for sports and the other boys see it. That's the problem with this. He will be bullied or teased. It's all fun and games until this happens.

Enroll him into karate asap.

Old 04-12-2011, 12:31 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,885,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
Will it make him gay. I don't know.
Will it get the crap kicked outta him...sure will. Trust that.

When he's changing for sports and the other boys see it. That's the problem with this. He will be bullied or teased. It's all fun and games until this happens.

Enroll him into karate asap.
Oh no, no worries! The gay agenda anti-bullying activists are on the case!

Old 04-12-2011, 12:56 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,274,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
That's pretty weak. Any teacher who doesn't try to stop bullying when it's obviously happening is doing a poor job, in my opinion.

In a civilized society, there are behaviors that are acceptable and those that are not acceptable. If we say that bullying is okay and that it's up to the victim to fight back, we're going to have a much less civilized society.

What's next? Are you going to suggest that kids shoot their tormentors in order to deal with the problem?
But, its NOT BEHAVIORS that are being targeted in the antibullying programs; the schools are aiming to change ATTITUDES/BELIEFS/VALUES/THOUGHTS. I have no problem with the schools teaching and insisting that students treat all other students with respect and not tolerate any student harming another student; but the schools are not limiting their intervention to physical behavior; they are aiming at changing how the students think and what their values are - not right.

What ever happened to teaching kids this? "You may not like someone, you may not agree with someone but you will treat them with respect and fairness." Pretty simple. But instead we get this:

The real agenda behind schools' anti-bullying curriculum | StarTribune.com

"Teachers begin lessons by questioning students to identify their current beliefs. Then they use group exercises, films and books to convince the kids that any traditional attitudes they harbor about family structure and homosexuality are harmful "stereotypes." At the end of a lesson, teachers "evaluate" students to ensure that their views now pass official muster."

"One fill-in-the-blank phrase that students are to complete during evaluation says it all: "I used to think, but now I know ..."

"Welcoming Schools" uses the same strategy in its section on expanding "gender norms." (The guide advises teachers to avoid referring to their class as "boys and girls." "For some children," it explains, "identifying as a boy or girl in order to participate in an activity creates internal dissonance.") Students are evaluated on "whether or not [they] feel comfortable making choices outside gender expectations."

The real agenda behind schools' anti-bullying curriculum | StarTribune.com

Old 04-12-2011, 01:01 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,099,924 times
What's wrong with painting your boy's nails pink? What's wrong with a man painting his own nails pink?

And what does this have to do with gender confusion or homosexuality? They only men I've ever known who painted their nails were heterosexual goth/punk guys.

Old 04-12-2011, 01:07 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times
Quote:
My 8 year old son brought home some information from his "gay education" he received at school. He wanted to know what homophobia was exactly because the teachers had been warning them that they shouldn't make homophobic comments and he was afraid to get in trouble by saying something he didn't even know about.
And what exactly is wrong with telling kids what homophobia is? Would you throw a fit if they taught that making fun of disabled kids or blacks was wrong and they could get into trouble? As long as they don't go into a detailed explanation on sexual behavior, I don't see the problem.

Quote:
I was infuriated, enraged, that these MORONS in the public school system did not inform parents in advance that they were planning to "educate" the children on this topic. When I was a child, you had to take a note home and have your parent sign it giving permission for you to attend health class in which menstruation would be discussed. ANd yet today, kids get a class on homosexuality without their parents knowing first?
I don't even remember having to inform my parents about sex ed when I was 11.

Quote:
FURTHERMORE, what 8 year olds know that they are homosexual, enough to act like homosexuals, enough to attract attention to themselves as homosexuals, such that other children would even think to call them homosexual names? IT IS NONSENSE and you know it. There is no excuse for speaking to gradeschool children about homosexuality, none whatsoever. It is done to INDOCTRINATE, not to protect. Give that talk in highschool and I might have to concede your point that kids could get mean over homosexuality as with anything.
Actually, many kids know long before 8 years old. I consider myself bi, but I knew around 4 years old. And in case you haven't watched the news over the last few months - the huge wave of gay kid suicides, have mostly been around 10 or 11 years old. So obviously kids get made fun of to the point of suicide long before high school.

Quote:
It was certainly not my plan to explain male-male sex to my small child before he could even understand such things, but the school system forced the issue and that was their intention. Parents are pushing back, and we will continue to push back, and you can whine and fuss "hater! hater!" all you want, but you will soon find that you made a terrible judgment.
Why would you need to discuss male-male sex to talk about gays? Is that all you people think about is sex? Homosexuality is "the predisposition to be attracted to members of the same-sex". It's an attraction. There are celibate homosexuals, homosexuals who only sleep with women (although they usually are surpressing their attractions), and homosexuals who only engage in oral sex, never anal. There is no one size fits all mold for gays any more then there is straights. Stop associating being attracted to the same-sex as automatic promiscuous anal sex.

Quote:
Had the gay activists been reasonable in their requests, had "tolerance" really been all they wanted, I'd have been a defender. Now that I see their true intentions, I will fight back at every opportunity and I'm not alone. My younger children will not be attending public school and I won't be participating in fund raisers to help out the ailing school system either or crying crocodile tears every time I hear about how programs are being cut because of budget problems. I'm pleased as punch that many of the best students have been pulled out and are being homeschooled or sent to private school, leaving the public schools with a concentration of problem children. Let them be forced to see the consequences of choosing to indoctrinate rather than educate. Those children with idiots for parents will suffer the most. The public school system is failing already and the sooner it falls, the better, so that something resembling real education can take its place. THEN maybe we can actually rescue all the children and help them make something of their lives.
Ah yes, the beauty of homeschool. Where kids can be taught gays are evil and that man walked with dinosaurs 6,000 years ago...

Quote:
As for entertainment - programs are rife with homosexual themes and it's just ridiculous given that homosexuals are a tiny percentage of the overall population.
What shows do you people watch? I'm a huge movie buff and an aspiring actor, and the only show I can ever think of that had a pure gay theme was Will & Grace, which is incidentally my all time favorite comedy. I know Glee has a couple gay characters, but aside from that, I don't think I've ever seen too many shows with gay themes.

And considering the heterosexual trash that's on TV, I have no sympathy. If I have to put up with smut like Jersey Shore and the Bachelor, you can deal with 1 or 2 shows with gay people on them.

Grow up please. Gays exist, get over it.

Last edited by Fiyero; 04-12-2011 at 01:26 PM..

Old 04-12-2011, 01:10 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,797,840 times
Quote:
Oh no, no worries! The gay agenda anti-bullying activists are on the case!
These new progressive parents think this behavior is cute. I will allow my kid to express him/herself. That's fine, but kids don't live in a bubble. This is the real world. The world is consumed with hate toward any number of groups. To me this has nothing to do with gay. It has everything to do with bullying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies