Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 10:16 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
So Low income people are creeps?
It's not just low income earners that shop at Wal*Mart. People of all income levels shop there.

A bottle of Windex is a bottle of Windex, no matter where it's bought. Same with the vast majority of other products that Wal*Mart carries. Wealthy people don't get that way by spending more than they need to on things. They get that way by watching every cent, and not being foolish with their money. Spending 50% more than you need to for something is being foolish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2011, 10:18 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Wall Mart always did sell crap to creeps. I wonder why Dach tried to perfume a pig. Fool.
If this is your view of the majority of Democrat voters, who by the way, shop at walmart, then thank you for reinforcing my choice of leaving the pompous ass Democrat Party . Especially since almost half of the shoppers at my local walmarts are blacks and Hispanics (many of which utilize specially designed ¡Mande dinero a México! Western Union slips).

I've noticed that white liberals have a certain disdain for minorities, even though they are the base of the Democrat Party, and your post is a classic example of such racist snobbery.

Old 04-12-2011, 10:19 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I have more than an ounce of dignity, and I was just at Wal-Mart last Thursday. I'm neither a redneck or a welfare recipient. I think that what Wal-Mart is trying to do is to let its customers drive the choices of what stock it carries, rather than trying to decide for the customers. Personally, I don't think they plan on abandoning the organic or high-end merchandise, but only to refine their merchandising to reflect what the customers want. The stores already vary quite a bit, stores reflecting what their local customers demand.
I was there too!!!

Did you see me???

I was wearing jeans.....

Old 04-12-2011, 10:19 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
WalMart's "high end merchandise" is thinly veiled crap!
Pretty much anything about Walmart is thinly veiled crap. Even their "low prices". I highly recommend people to not blindly follow Walmart's slogan, as other stores have them beat there as well, besides the quality.

Quote:
I think that what Wal-Mart is trying to do is to let its customers drive the choices of what stock it carries, rather than trying to decide for the customers.
I don't think an average customer looks beyond store slogans and the price tag. Walmart is selling what it wants to, demanding its vendors to compete solely on price and not on quality. Or, in some cases, even the content. One could go buy a 16-20 count per lb bag of shrimp at Walmart (and never notice that the bag has only 14 oz) for $7, or buy the same size but a 16 oz bag for $7.50 at Target or Kroger. Or, that it tastes just like butter. I used to shop more regularly at Walmart, but less and less so lately.

Old 04-12-2011, 10:20 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
If this is your view of the majority of Democrat voters, who by the way, shop at walmart, then thank you for reinforcing my choice of leaving the pompous ass Democrat Party
the truth about how the left really feels about lower income people always comes out on the walmart threads.

Old 04-12-2011, 10:23 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,729,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Progressives are done with Walmart running the country into the ground!

Much more at:
Walmart ruining America's economy

Those local merchants NEEDED to be put out of business. How many towns in America have one section of mansions owned by the local merchants that were built by fleecing the locals with overpriced goods? Wal-Mart allows people to pay a lower price for everyday necessities. Let the local merchants find a new demographic.

My local Williams-Sonoma is not hurting for business eventhough pots and pans can be bought at Wal-Mart.

Old 04-12-2011, 10:25 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Pretty much anything about Walmart is thinly veiled crap. Even their "low prices". I highly recommend people to not blindly follow Walmart's slogan, as other stores have them beat there as well, besides the quality.
Perhaps in more urban areas that's true.

But when I buy toilet paper, I prefer to pay $2.00 for the six-roll pack, rather than $4.29 for the exact same toilet paper at my one and only grocery store in town. There are many things I don't purchase at Wal-Mart, mostly due to aesthetics. But the Dawn dish soap that was 99 cents this past week, versus the exact same bottle for $2.89 at the grocery store? I don't blindly follow Wal-Mart's slogan. I compare prices, and if Wal-Mart has the best deal, then I buy it at Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart shoppers aren't stupid, and the snobbery that seeks to perpetuate that myth is insupportable.

Old 04-12-2011, 10:27 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Perhaps in more urban areas that's true.

But when I buy toilet paper, I prefer to pay $2.00 for the six-roll pack, rather than $4.29 for the exact same toilet paper at my one and only grocery store in town. There are many things I don't purchase at Wal-Mart, mostly due to aesthetics. But the Dawn dish soap that was 99 cents this past week, versus the exact same bottle for $2.89 at the grocery store? I don't blindly follow Wal-Mart's slogan. I compare prices, and if Wal-Mart has the best deal, then I buy it at Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart shoppers aren't stupid, and the snobbery that seeks to perpetuate that myth is insupportable.
Call me a snob, but I do think most buyers are stupid and go to Walmart assuming they are getting the best deal. But then, I'm surrounded with likes of Krogers, Super Targets, Farmer's Markets, Sprouts, and many of them offer better prices than does Walmart. Not to mention, quality. Heck, I was shocked to see catfish fillet at Walmart priced similarly to the neighborhood Whole Foods (Kroger was cheapest).

Old 04-12-2011, 10:27 AM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,319 times
Quote:
I have more than an ounce of dignity, and I was just at Wal-Mart last Thursday. I'm neither a redneck or a welfare recipient. I think that what Wal-Mart is trying to do is to let its customers drive the choices of what stock it carries, rather than trying to decide for the customers. Personally, I don't think they plan on abandoning the organic or high-end merchandise, but only to refine their merchandising to reflect what the customers want. The stores already vary quite a bit, stores reflecting what their local customers demand.
Interesting that you should say that .. The Walmart in Spokane Washington sells the exact same overlarge gross green colored T-shirts that the Walmart in Beaumont Texas does ..

No taste, No quality, No style .. just a bunch of Chinese knock-offs and seconds that no one else wants to sell ..

Walmart purchasing: .. if the manager is on a diet .. everyone else has to be on a diet too, in that you are only going to find "fat free" coffee mate in the dairy section ..

In Orange Texas, if you went by what the community wanted, with regard to Walmart purchasing, you would think that the town doesn't have any men, boys or slender women in it .. They cater to, and quite directly, I might add, fat women and little girls .. hmmm .. their purchasing manager must be a fat single mom with a little fatherless girl ..

I could go on and on .. but I think we all know how much of a genuine "fail" Walmart is.

Old 04-12-2011, 10:29 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
No kidding. What the article states is walmart had some organic and other higher end merchandise to fit a niche that didn't fair well and not unexpectedly. Walmart is the home of rednecks and welfare recipients, no one with at least an ounce of dignity would be caught dead there.
LOL....you sound like a former coworker of mine. Huge progressive. Yet, whenever she heard I was going to Walmart, she always asked me to pick something or other for her while I was there.

Wouldn't be caught dead going through the doors, but no problem buying from them.

Nice civility, by the way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies