Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I believe the estimate of 9 million is...
Overinflated! 24 15.48%
Undercounted! 61 39.35%
Irrelevant! 53 34.19%
Shocking! 7 4.52%
Fantastic! 10 6.45%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 01:39 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times

Advertisements

Prey just need to carry squirt guns filled with ink, thas all.

Damn man, study the animal kingdom.

Right now, most prey deserve it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2011, 01:45 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
The bolded is among the most ridiculous statements I've read from you. A bisexual doesn't simply 'decide' one day they like men, the next day they like women! They like BOTH at all times. True, they may decide they like Joe better than they like Jane and have a relationship with Joe instead of Jane. But they are still attracted to both Joe and Jane.

And where do you get the idea that sexuality is discussed "in detail" to 12 year-olds? I really don't think kids are dating at that age, either. In my family, we weren't allowed to date until we were 16. (Of course, that was more than 40 years ago. )
I'm Bi and that is the way I think!

There are more than a few sites that cater to confused kids on they’re sexuality that are very specific in nature (Inappropriately so in my view)

Old 05-13-2011, 01:51 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,556,330 times
Quote:
So what you're saying is, you personally believe that you could convince yourself to enjoy, want, and seek out sex with men?
yes assuming I was demented enough. I'm sure any one if they put effort in to it one way or the other could make themselves attracted to anyone or anything. (look up Classical Conditioning)

Old 05-13-2011, 02:05 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
yes assuming I was demented enough. I'm sure any one if they put effort in to it one way or the other could make themselves attracted to anyone or anything. (look up Classical Conditioning)
So... are you trying to say that all gays and lesbians put in so much effort ("classical conditioning?!") to MAKE themselves gay?

Really, you don't honestly believe something so ridiculous, do you?

Do not confuse sex ACTS with sexual ORIENTATION. Those are two entirely different things.

Old 05-13-2011, 02:07 PM

315 posts, read 366,687 times
http://www.*****ty.com/can-we-please...kids-20110512/

Okay, maybe we really do want to indoctrinate kids. The horror.

Note, you have to replace the blocked out part.

Old 05-13-2011, 02:13 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
So... are you trying to say that all gays and lesbians put in so much effort ("classical conditioning?!") to MAKE themselves gay?

Do not confuse sex ACTS with sexual ORIENTATION. Those are two entirely different things.
Thats like splitting hairs. It's like examples here in other posts with a woman swearing she was a Lesbian for a variety of reasons at an early age; ie. pressured by a Lesbian girl as a teen. Then continuing on until she realized she was actually attracted to men.

Old 05-13-2011, 02:16 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,461,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Well for starters I never said "Gay Agenda" I used to term "GLBT" Agenda and I use that term loosely considering GLBT as a whole is about as diverse as you can get and are not even close to coming to a consensus on any one topic.

I really don't want to see a 12 year old pondering their sexual orientation at an already confusing time because they think they might be Gay, Bi, or Lesbian based on a GLBT club that is trying to get into their JR HS. I think this especially applies children that are victims of sexual abuse. Puberty, sexual abuse, and a club telling them they may have this "other" orientation is not something I am comfortable with. There's plenty of time later in late teens to get a handle on your sexuality.
Sorry. LGBT agenda.

Honestly I am a victim of sexual abuse and gay, maybe bi, and was sexually abused a lot as a kid. I was in the GSA in my HS and I made do just fine. A lot of the kids in our GSA were sexually abused (gay, straight, trans, and bi alike) and actually the GSA was a nice safe space to discuss our memories without fear of judgment or rejection and help explore our sexuality so we could reclaim what was taken from us. And it was being in a GSA that made me open enough to reconsider if I may be bi and not just lesbian as I am doing now.

What's the harm in that? If anything, I think GSA's provide an area of support. And because they aren't GLBT clubs but an alliance for LGBT and straight kids, you don't have to be LGBT to join. You can be any sexuality and join. GSA's aren't meant to encourage straight people to become LGBT. They're meant to provide a safe space for LGBT kids and straight allies who may be on the receiving end of a lot of homophobia in the outside world, both for either being LGBT or even accepting LGBT folks.

I simply don't see how that's anything but supportive.

Old 05-13-2011, 02:20 PM

Quote:
There's that I said "Gay" again. I did not say "Gay". Can anyone read anymore?

So you aknowleged your Gayness at 10. I'm sure others will say 5 and others 40. I'm fine that your gay..be happy, run with it. Get married! You don't care what I think and I don't care if your gay!

If your "Bi" you can choose your sexuality! "I like woman this month!", "Next month I want a man!"

"Your insinuation that us gays are out recruiting children is offensive" Once again I did not say "Gay". If they see it around them, sure aknowledge it and say its ok. I just don't want my 12 year old coming home thinking its ok for a penis transplant or asking me if he should date a boy this week and a girl next. The topic can be discussed at an older age in detail.
Are you really bisexual? If you're bisexual then you should understand that's not how bisexuality works.

Old 05-13-2011, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Talk about false advertisement! Me and a friend met two attractive women(?) at the bar. Tall, dark hair, tanned, both had the Kardasian look. My friend was a chick magnet so I wasn't surprised that they approached us so fast, he looks like a Norse God, young, tall, muscular, long blonde hair, bright blue eyes, ruddy complexion. I'm not so bad, I look a lot like Robert Downey jr, but my friend is on another scale alltogether. On the surface they looked great and they were giving us lots of attention. Took a few miutes but I started noticing the subtle things like hands that were my size, thicker than a typical womans neck, adams apples etc. My friend got pissed when I tried dragging him away saying this woman really wanted him! when I told him he was in total denial! Until I pointed out my observations. It took a minute for him to aknowledge it but when the light bulb went on we both quickly exited the bar through the back entrance. I still give him grief to this day as he had kissed the "Non-gal" he was with. To this day I'll hum "He kissed a Trans and he liked it" He gets steamed
Transgender people aren't transgender to fool other people. It's not about other people. It's about them. It's not about you or your friend. Don't take it personally cause it's not. It's about their own gender identity.

I've never met such a self-hating LGBT person before.

Old 05-13-2011, 02:31 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,556,330 times
Quote:

no some people don't need that much work on them reading a book like "Heather has 2 mommies" as a bed time story will start the path off all by it self. The fact is if I put the same person in an environment where no one is tolerant of gays they are less much likely to have such desires. The percentage of gays raised by other gays is much higher (this is a percentage not a absolute) then gays raised by straights even in liberal communities. (that's gay kids raised by gay "parents" over total kids raised by gay "parents" compared to gay kids raised normally over total number of kids raised normally)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies