Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 09:44 PM

210 posts, read 210,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
You know it. Expect these characters to do fancy dancing around the homework they refused to do for 30 odd years.

The straight shooter Ron Paul's answer to health care problems is to have charity pick up the slack. Send all uninsured on a greyhound bus to shriners hospital? How long will they be floating? This was the reason religious institutions asked the government to step up in the first place. They'd be broke in a year. Or 8. That's how long it took Oral Roberts City of Faith Medical and Research Center to tank.
well government shouldnt be subsidizing this..people if they want something..figure it out..Ryans idea is good but doesnt go far enough..we need to get rid of these crazy ponzi schemes..i Know people paid into it so we need to phase it out slowly but surely...anyone Around 18 Now shouldnt pay into it at all, so they won't have that entitlement mentality like they paid into it..slowly we can weine people off these schemes and do something better privately so 100 Years From Now we wont be worrying about crazy forced government schemes like these
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 09:45 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WALTERWALTER View Post
I WISH he did it with SS...it needs to be done..everything should be private
I find it absolutely mind boggling after watching private equity funds lose $6.9 TRILLION in 2008 that anyone in their right mind would argue for the privatization of Social Security.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I find it absolutely mind boggling after watching private equity funds lose $6.9 TRILLION in 2008 that anyone in their right mind would argue for the privatization of Social Security.
because i want to decide what to do with my Money instead of the government doing it for me...i dont want to be forced into that scheme if i don't want to

Old 04-13-2011, 09:52 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Quote:
that will never happen (single payer)..and Cry me A River..listen to these sob stories...Medicare should be privatized. If someone wants something they should purchase it. Free market enhances competition. The government isn't responsible for our health..we are. While working When we are younger, we should privately invest in PRIVATE medical insurance that we could avail of In Later Years..but we shouldnt expect or want freebies from the government. SS should also be private. Enough of this nanny state
You had the option of opting out of SS. The free market doesn't exist. Quality has not increased since the 70's. The only thing that's increased is the premiums along side diminished coverage and a whole lotta BS math from the insurance industry. CEO Compensation - Forbes.com Are they worth 27 million to me? Not at all! Freedom of choice you say? No such thing when lobbyists are undermining governance. Why do you endorse piracy and pilfering just because they have the corporate cloak of respectability?

As for saving for the future my grandmother did spend considerable amounts of money paying into a traditional life insurance plan. Met life tanked it and by some mysterious magic wand of a judge, she got a measley check from class action lawsuit in lieu of the annuity fund she paid into for well over 40 yrs.

They plan on canceling long term & catastrophic health care. Here's more...
Met Life Disability Insurance Complaints - Fraud
Remarkable how they use the gov't to pass the buck when payout comes due.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 04-13-2011 at 10:01 PM..

Old 04-13-2011, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
You had the option of opting out of SS. The free market doesn't exist. Quality has not increased since the 70's. The only thing that's increased is the premiums along side diminished coverage and a whole lotta BS math from the insurance industry. CEO Compensation - Forbes.com Are they worth 27 million to me? Not at all! Freedom of choice you say? No such thing when lobbyists are undermining governance. Why do you endorse piracy and pilfering just because they have the corporate cloak of respectability?

As for saving for the future my grandmother did spend considerable amounts of money paying into a traditional life insurance plan. Met life tanked it and by some mysterious magic wand of a judge, she got a measley check from class action lawsuit in lieu of the annuity fund she paid into for well over 40 yrs.

They plan on canceling long term & catastrophic health care. Here's more...
Met Life Disability Insurance Complaints - Fraud
Remarkable how they use the gov't to pass the buck when payout comes due.
what you are referring to has nothing to do with what im Talking about..we do not have the option to opt out of paying into Medicare and SS....if we do Tell me how i can do that? They are automatically deducted from our Checks and i am therefore forced into those schemes even if i dont want to participate..thats not individual freedom..thats a mandate that probably violates the 10th ammendment. And as Sharon Angle Said it violates The 10 Commandments

Old 04-13-2011, 10:02 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,193,246 times
Quote:
because i want to decide what to do with my Money instead of the government doing it for me.
Your money won't buy you insurance when you're 70 because it won't be profitable for an insurance company to insure you. That's why the government is involved in this to start with.

Incidentally, feel free to avoid driving on public roads, using electricity that comes to your house on poles on public land, using public utilities, etc, since they so offend you.

Were SS to violate the 10th Amendment, then there would be plenty of lawyers lining up to take your case so they could get the money back. It doesn't and hence they don't. You might want to loosen up that tin foil hat.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
Your money won't buy you insurance when you're 70 because it won't be profitable for an insurance company to insure you. That's why the government is involved in this to start with.

Incidentally, feel free to avoid driving on public roads, using electricity that comes to your house on poles on public land, using public utilities, etc, since they so offend you.

Were SS to violate the 10th Amendment, then there would be plenty of lawyers lining up to take your case so they could get the money back. It doesn't and hence they don't. You might want to loosen up that tin foil hat.
well i dont want the government involved..people should invest in their own old-age insurance if they want. im all for utilities and roads being privatized....the government that can't run the post office right should be involved in as little as possible. SS violates the 1oth Ammendment in that rights not enumarated to the Fed Gov. In The Constitutuion belong to the states. And the states do not have the option to opt out of this nonsense as they should have. Under Ryans plan we can phase in private market insurance

Old 04-13-2011, 11:12 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Actually it is the opposite. Once private insurance
companies get out of health care, the costs will go down.
Private enterprise is fueled by profit, pleasing shareholders,
and CEO's. That is why Medicare has a 2 percent management overhead, and why insurance companies
were spending 30/40 percent of profits, not on health care,
but on what I mentioned above.

That is why we need a single payer system.
Your insurance companies can still sell car insurance,
life insurance, disability insurance, home insurance,
hazard insurance, just not be part of our health
care delivery system.

Sorry...I've been to the DMV. No way I want these a-holes deciding what health care I may have or how long I have to wait for it. Here's a free hint. It's two percent because they can stuff your case in a file and forget about you and your problem. If you don't like it, you can write your Congressional Representative. See what good that does I suppose.

Having failed with Medicare and Medicaid, why would anyone want to trust the federal government with more control over our health care?

Delivery without accountability, especially when an unaccountable government monopoly is involved, is a prescription for disaster.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:25 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times
Quote:
In NJ, employees also pay into the system, so people are actually receiving their own Monwy back....i am a recipient of UI Benefits...this is the current system....does that preclude me from posting my opinion on Medicare?
First, the measly premium you paid in NJ for UI insurance wouldn't cover your benefits for a month much less the 99 weeks currently in place. Why are you collecting benefits for which you have not paid? You are perfectly free to voice your opinion. However, by your actions shall we know you.

Quote:
Under Ryans plan we can phase in private market insurance
No for-profit insurance company will insure the elderly unless they are FORCED TO. It is absolutely NOT cost-effective. What would be their incentive? Exposure to all the degenerative disease expenses of old age? It is bad business. If they are forced to insure the elderly, for certain the premiums will be unaffordable for most unless the government institutes price controls. The only way Medicare functions now is by paying doctors a fraction of their normal fees - like 25% at best. With govt out of the picture, most elderly people will not be able to afford medical insurance with or without vouchers, much less medical care.

Denying this reality does not change it however often you choose to repeat it.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Sorry...I've been to the DMV. No way I want these a-holes deciding what health care I may have or how long I have to wait for it. Here's a free hint. It's two percent because they can stuff your case in a file and forget about you and your problem. If you don't like it, you can write your Congressional Representative. See what good that does I suppose.

Having failed with Medicare and Medicaid, why would anyone want to trust the federal government with more control over our health care?

Delivery without accountability, especially when an unaccountable government monopoly is involved, is a prescription for disaster.
exactly right buddy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies