Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 06:00 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,798,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I watched the video and as the mother of a 5 year old, I have to say that I wouldn't have minded the search (except time-wise because I'm usually running late). My son has gotten a pat down just going into our local social security building; thus is the world we live in.
That's funny. You're not upset about the pat down. Dammit, I'm late. Can you frisk him later. Cute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 06:14 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Call it Baby Steps. TSA in airports today, TSA at the local shopping mall tomorrow, and at highway tolls, street corners and any ploace people go.

One can never tell if that comely blonde in a bikini might have a bomb in her swim suit on the beach right?

The libral whiners must be safe and secure at all costs right?

Papers please.....
Liberals only FEEL safe. It is only about "feelings" with them, because they are incapable of rational thought. It does not matter to them that government is trampling all over their constitutionally protected rights, as long as they FEEL safe.

The rest of us know that security is merely an illusion to make the self-deluded "feel" safe.

Old 04-13-2011, 06:19 PM

10,031 posts, read 9,507,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Liberals only FEEL safe. It is only about "feelings" with them, because they are incapable of rational thought. It does not matter to them that government is trampling all over their constitutionally protected rights, as long as they FEEL safe.

The rest of us know that security is merely an illusion to make the self-deluded "feel" safe.
So what type of security would you implement at the airports?

Old 04-13-2011, 06:23 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
I wonder if King Obama's kids get molested everytime they ride Air Force One.

Old 04-13-2011, 06:34 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
we are so safe now....

As everyone said last November when this first started.."if you don't like it then don't fly".

Old 04-13-2011, 06:47 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
So what type of security would you implement at the airports?
The same kind of security we had before 9/11. We don't need to have invasive security just because the government likes to involve itself in false flag terror

Quote:

Glitch, sorry to disappoint you, but most mainstream conservatives (you know, the ones that are gaga for Sarah Palin) would give up their rights to feel safe. It's not just liberals.

Old 04-13-2011, 06:48 PM

57,280 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:

Maybe we can have 2 terminals at every airport, one for the libertarians and one for the rest of us, wouldn't want to infringe on your rights.

Old 04-13-2011, 06:57 PM

7,930 posts, read 9,154,161 times
Maybe with all the naping going on, TSA agents should take a break coping a feel on 6 year olds and go visit the control tower to go wake up the sleepy heads

Lately it looks like you're more likely to die taxiing on the runway or trying to land in a unmanned airport than having your plane blown up.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:32 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
That's funny. You're not upset about the pat down. Dammit, I'm late. Can you frisk him later. Cute.
I'm used to it by now I guess. It's happened multiple times in various places because of the line of work I was in. If it bothered me I just wouldn't go places where I know my person or belongings might be searched.

Quote:

Yeah I do like to FEEL safe. I lock my door at night because it makes me FEEL safe. Sure someone could kick the door in or climb through the window but locking it makes me FEEL better.

Guess you just leave your door wide open and hope that no one comes in.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:43 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I'm used to it by now I guess. It's happened multiple times in various places because of the line of work I was in. If it bothered me I just wouldn't go places where I know my person or belongings might be searched.

Yeah I do like to FEEL safe. I lock my door at night because it makes me FEEL safe. Sure someone could kick the door in or climb through the window but locking it makes me FEEL better.

Guess you just leave your door wide open and hope that no one comes in.
Can you max it out a little?

Is there anything more the Government can do to make you feel safe?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies