Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 05:48 PM

683 posts, read 825,412 times

Advertisements

Hah!! Yeah Right....
This was hilarious at first glance then comes the anger of the reality...
Corporate Fascism is alive and well.

Associated Press falls for "Yes Men"-linked GE hoax - Political Hotsheet - CBS News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2011, 06:31 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,454,952 times
It is a hoax story.

Pranksters scam AP with GE hoax

Pranksters scam AP with GE hoax — RT

Activist group behind GE hoax

An activist group on Wednesday took credit for putting out a fake press release claiming General Electric had decided to donate a purported $3.2 billion tax refund to the US Treasury. The Associated Press news agency was among the media outlets duped by the elaborate stunt put together by a group called US Uncut with the help of another known as the Yes Men.

The press release claimed that GE chief executive Jeffrey Immelt, in response to a "public outcry," had decided to donate the $3.2 billion tax refund to the government to "help offset cuts and save American jobs."
A real GE spokeswoman, Ann Eisele, identified the press release as a "hoax" but not before it was picked up by a number of reputable news organizations

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

Old 04-14-2011, 06:36 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,484,248 times
I would expect GE to give 3.2 billion to Obama's re-election campaign before I would expect them to give it to the treasury.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
I would expect GE to give 3.2 billion to Obama's re-election campaign before I would expect them to give it to the treasury.
Oh they will!

Old 04-14-2011, 06:41 PM

Oh but wait Yooperkat that would mean that it is not only the GOP in the pockets of the BIG Corporations

Old 04-14-2011, 06:45 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,205,104 times
i wish, there is no way GE didn't benefit from this Country's infrastructure to make all they money.

I wouldn't own their stock, ever again. Hope it drops to ZERO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Sniper View Post
Hah!! Yeah Right....
This was hilarious at first glance then comes the anger of the reality...
Corporate Fascism is alive and well.

Associated Press falls for "Yes Men"-linked GE hoax - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Old 04-14-2011, 06:48 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,484,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Oh but wait Yooperkat that would mean that it is not only the GOP in the pockets of the BIG Corporations
The GOP is evil -- and every Democrat in the nation knows it.

Since Immelt ( GE's CEO ) is Obama's jobs advisor, this corporate donation will merely be an investment in "Winning The Future".

GE shouldn't be expected to pay taxes until another Republican is President.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:54 PM

36,660 posts, read 67,564,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
The worst part about this latest of many anti-liberal masturbation threads is that you all seem to be gleeful about exposing Democrats for basically committing the exact same sins as Republicans.

I long for the day when people can be happy about something because its good for America, not just their party. Sad for something because its bad for all of America and not just for things that put my party in a negative light.

What a better place this country would be.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:54 PM

Quote:
The GOP is evil -- and every Democrat in the nation knows it.

Since Immelt ( GE's CEO ) is Obama's jobs advisor, this corporate donation will merely be an investment in "Winning The Future".

GE shouldn't be expected to pay taxes until another Republican is President.
The Liberals/Dems love to SCREAM about how the big corporations dont pay taxes because of the GOP!

So now it is ok. This is what is sinking the Liberals/dems ship............

Old 04-14-2011, 07:10 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,464,038 times
Quote:
SO TRUE! LOL (and so sad even though it initially makes you laugh). What a Fascist nation we live in --- the BIG corporations in bed with Government to CONTROL us. It is SO SAD. We are supposed to be FREE here.

Look at how BAD it has gotten with the TSA groping six year olds at airports against their parents wishes and then DRUG TESTING THEM. Since when has a six year old ever been a threat to an airline passenger as a suicide bomber? The TSA PROMISED they wouldn't grope kids and now they are doing it. The government LIES and STEALS and the big corporations do too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies