Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 08:58 PM

8,895 posts, read 5,379,571 times

Advertisements

The title is misleading. It should read Choice for Men who are Pro-abortion.

This idea does nothing for a pro-life man.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:03 PM

2,028 posts, read 1,889,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The man had a choice to wear a condom.
Good evening,

The woman also had a choice to wear a female condom, use one of various forms of birth control, or force the man to wear a male condom, so your point is moot. Let's graduate from this elementary argument that is always easily countered. All you're doing is giving ammunition to pro-lifers who can use the same argument against you and women in general who want an abortion.

Do you have any better reasons why a man can't legally and financially opt-out like a woman can?

Last edited by Freedom123; 04-13-2011 at 09:12 PM..

Old 04-13-2011, 09:05 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,953,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
When my 16 year old uncle came back home crying to my Grandma (after he got my aunt pregnant) she told him "you made your bed,go lie in it". You play you pay!
Exactly. Too many feminists always have an excuse that she should be allowed to have sex without repercussions. Well, like you said, you made your bed, go lie in it. If you want to risk having a kid, fine that's your prerogative. But don't punish the kid by killing him/her or giving him/her up for adoption just because neither the man nor woman couldn't control themselves.

It takes 2 to tango. The man has as much say in the fate of the baby as the woman does. Without the man, the woman would not have gotten pregnant.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
The title is misleading. It should read Choice for Men who are Pro-abortion.

This idea does nothing for a pro-life man.
Good evening,

The title specifically references "pro-choicers" so it is not misleading. In fact, it's my first word. In my opinion, pro-lifers are intellectually consistent on the equalizing of rights aspect of the argument. They hold both women and men equally responsible by not allowing either to opt out of parenthood after conception.

They're hypocritical on rape and incest, but that's off topic.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:08 PM

760 posts, read 686,103 times
As a person who supports a woman's choice, I believe a man should have the same choice. Since forcing an abortion is out the window as well as stopping one, all other responsibilities should be a choice for men. Not really much to argue my point other than it just seems fair this way.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:11 PM

8,895 posts, read 5,379,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom123 View Post
Good evening,

The title specifically references "pro-choicers" so it is not misleading. In fact, it's my first word. In my opinion, pro-lifers are intellectually consistent on the equalizing of rights aspect of the argument. They hold both women and men equally responsible by not allowing either to opt out of parenthood after conception.

They're hypocritical on rape and incest, but that's off topic.
The title is still misleading. The only people who benefit are pro-abortion men. Why claim an entire class of men (pro-life ones) have a choice when they do not, unless I am misunderstanding this idea. Can a man veto a woman's choice to abort if he wants the child?

Old 04-13-2011, 09:15 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,328,318 times
Quote:
The man had a choice to wear a condom.
And the woman had a choice to use birth control (she is in control of her own body is she not?) or keep her knees together, no?

Old 04-13-2011, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
The title is still misleading. The only people who benefit are pro-abortion men. Why claim an entire class of men (pro-life ones) have a choice when they do not, unless I am misunderstanding this idea. Can a man veto a woman's choice to abort if he wants the child?
Good evening,

I don't get how the title is misleading if it says "pro-choice" twice. Obviously that means the thread is only speaking to people who are pro-abortion. This thread is solely based on hypocritical pro-choicers in another thread. I asked nothing for pro-life people because their stance on male / female equality in pre-birth situations is already intellectually consistent.

Since this thread is in the context of the hypocrisy of some pro-choicers' ideology, no, the man cannot veto a woman's choice to abort since she has already received the right to receive one unilaterally by Roe v. Wade. I don't see that being overturned anytime soon, so I am advocating for equalizing rights to attach to the existing Supreme Court opinion.

Please sir or madam, tell me what would you prefer I do to make you happy? Give me a thread title that suits you and I'll update it if I agree.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:25 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,839,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom123 View Post
Good evening,

The woman also had a choice to wear a female condom, use one of various forms of birth control, or force the man to wear a male condom, so your point is moot. Let's graduate from this elementary argument that is always easily countered. All you're doing is giving ammunition to pro-lifers who can use the same argument against you and women in general who want an abortion.

Do you have any better reasons why a man can't legally and financially opt-out like a woman can?
Yes. The man could have kept his "privates" to himself!

Old 04-13-2011, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom123
Good evening,

Quote:
Yes. The man could have kept his "privates" to himself!
Good evening,

It's obvious that you're not interested in a healthy discussion and have nothing of substance to add to the debate. I have already pointed out why your argument is elementary and easily countered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies