Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 01:23 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,456,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Its exceptional mentality to desire someone that is mild-tempered and intelligent rather than ill-mannered and vulgar?

And all this time I wondered why the ladies want to give it up for President Barack, but not Kanye.
It'e exception mentality when you assume that everyone who is black is vulgar and ill-mannered with the exception of a few cases like Obama and anyone you may be dating. Seeking someone well-tempered and well-mannered isn't what I'm talking about. I'm talking about people who believe all black people are vulgar and loud and obnoxious with only a few exceptions. So I am saying that the fact that someone may be dating a black person or may have voted for Obama doesn't prove that they aren't racist cause they may just be viewing Obama and their SO as "exceptions" to the "rule."

Last edited by nimchimpsky; 04-18-2011 at 01:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2011, 01:27 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Does he hate Mexicans or illegals? Our grandson in law is hispanic (1/2 anyway) and his whole family hates illegals. I will add they are all very conservative in their thinking about everything.

Nita
So "hating" illegals (and minorities in general...i might add) is Conservative?

I already knew that, but thanks for your confirmation.

Old 04-18-2011, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Blood View Post
Why would you a hardcore racist White person not only marry a Black person, but a Black person who is dark as midnight.

You are retarded if you think some White guy who worships David Duke and Adolf Hitler would marry a woman who looks like this.
What have I said or posted that gives you the impression that I am racist?

I wasn't talking about all racists when I was explaining "exception mentality." I was talking about some people who are racist, or a specific brand of racism. There are definitely plenty of racists who wouldn't date the woman in the picture above but there are some that would date her as long as she didn't act in a way that they associated with black people (or whatever race they hate) in their mind. I've heard racist comments coming from a white man married to a black woman as dark as the one you posted a picture of. Obviously it's possible to be racist and marry someone outside your race. There's also the other possibility another poster mentioned where you're only racist against a certain race (e.g. black) but marry someone of another race (e.g. Asian).

Old 04-18-2011, 02:08 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,302,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phylogeny View Post
One time, I made a comment about being a minority and what that was like, and his mother was like, 'but we like your kind' which I found mildly....disturbing.

Don't be disturbed. It shows they are not racists at all but only making generalizations based on learned behavior. If Asians or Orientals were showing up on the news as committing large numbers of crimes, having a culture that didn't value education, and were dependent on welfare then I'm sure they would have a problem with Orientals too. It is not race that they object to -- it's culture.

There is a reason that White-Oriental (i.e. EAST Asian) have the highest out of race compatibility rate. It is due to similarity of culture and values.
A very good study of interracial marriages can be found here: http://pewsocialtrends.org/files/201...rrying-out.pdf It shows that one in seven marriages is now interracial.

Old 04-18-2011, 02:11 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Don't be disturbed. It shows they are not racists at all but only making generalizations based on learned behavior. If Asians or Orientals were showing up on the news as committing large numbers of crimes, having a culture that didn't value education, and were dependent on welfare then I'm sure they would have a problem with Orientals too. It is not race that they object to -- it's culture.

There is a reason that White-Oriental (i.e. EAST Asian) have the highest out of race compatibility rate. It is due to similarity of culture and values.
A very good study of interracial marriages can be found here: http://pewsocialtrends.org/files/201...rrying-out.pdf It shows that one in seven marriages is now interracial.
LMAO..."we like YOUR KIND" isn't disturbing?

Ok....whatever you say.

Old 04-18-2011, 02:17 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,315,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I'm racist as hell, but I'm starting to think importing me a conservative lady from Latin-American or Asia might be a better idea than dealing with these crazy American women. They are nothing but insecure attention-whores, who only care about themselves.
Ahh, is someone having difficulty finding a lady who will give him the time of day? Maybe the problem isn't all American women and instead the problem is you and how you act? It's not that hard, big guy.

Old 04-18-2011, 03:20 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I notice I've come across quite a few people who make openly racist statements only to later respond with the statement that their wife, girlfriend, etc.. is so and so race or ethnic group so how in the world could they be racist.

Is this the new version of the age old " some of my best friends are so and so " The license to make racist remarks.
hmmm I have never heard someone say this unless it was a joke. Course doesn't mean that's the only way it could have been said by others. The last time I heard someone this it was from a Tea Party candidate.
But then again I'm not the type to make a big deal about something that hardly EVER happens and means little except to the ones who jump at the opportunity to play the race card.

Old 04-18-2011, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAL View Post
Of course there are also plenty of people who throw that out there because they actually do have black friends and are being falsely accused of being a racist, but unfortunately for them it sounds false because it is used by people who are being false about it.
I go out of my way not to mention the people of color I have dated and have as family members in race discussions whenever possible for this exact reason.

Old 04-18-2011, 05:57 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,300,646 times
A lot of it basically stems from the fact that a lot of guys only find the males of another race offend them, but the women are perfectly fine because, well...they can **** them.

Old 04-18-2011, 10:25 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,286,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
A lot of it basically stems from the fact that a lot of guys only find the males of another race offend them, but the women are perfectly fine because, well...they can **** them.
Good point. The Conquistadors were very racist, that didn't stop them from having sex with the indigenous females. They did massacre the males however.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies