Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 02:54 PM

68,380 posts, read 54,635,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Start a thread on it and do post their comments. This one is about Obama, if you dare to stay on topic.
OK, on the topic of Obama I am continually amazed at the never ending supply of sour grapes his election has brought forth, why we could feed the world!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2011, 02:55 PM

31,384 posts, read 37,157,212 times
Honesty is a ***** ain't it.

Shocking revelation, a legislative representative has a different perspective on policy than a president!

I'm shocked, shocked I say!

Some folks really need to grow up.

Old 04-14-2011, 02:56 PM

38,576 posts, read 22,453,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragneel View Post
OOPS: President Obama says his 2006 vote against raising the debt limit was "political" and that he wasn't thinking about "what was important for the country.

Here's what Obama told ABC News's George Stephanopoulos: "I think that it’s important to understand the vantage point of a senator versus the vantage point of a ... president.

The Obama Presidency. Minute by Minute | POLITICO 44

OK
Clearly this man should not be president, nor a senator. So when he swears his oath of office and promises to uphold the constitution and such, its all just words to him.

We are supposed to believe that he is not "playing around with this stuff "now, that he cares more about the country and our children's future now, even though he is running for reelection? I guess that just over two years ago he was a self absorbed senator, but he really cares now?

Old 04-14-2011, 02:58 PM

29,980 posts, read 43,047,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Clearly this man should not be president, nor a senator. So when he swears his oath of office and promises to uphold the constitution and such, its all just words to him.

We are supposed to believe that he is not "playing around with this stuff "now, that he cares more about the country and our children's future now, even though he is running for reelection?
Obama's just really sorry that he actually voted in a way other than "present" and has to defend himself when the shoe is on the other foot. I don't feel one bit sorry for the hypocrit.

Old 04-14-2011, 03:00 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,225,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
So basically, for Obama, not much has changed. Except now that he is POTUS, his not thinking what is best for the country, as opposed to his narcissim and strick adherance to Marxist ideology, has a larger negative impact on the USA than his Senate vote.
Yes, we need a prez that works as the right hand of god to eliminate all disagreeable people. Gud bless America!

Old 04-14-2011, 03:14 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,982,477 times
The job of a Senator is to represent his state. Sometimes, and I know many of you have difficulty understanding this very simple concept, what's good for a state is not good for the country. For instance, some Michigan legislators have proposed bailing out Detroit. Now, for the state of Michigan, a large infusion of capital into Detroit would be tremendously good for the state. But it would not be good for the country. See how that works?

So when Obama points out that the perspective of a Senator is different than the perspective of a President, and those who hate Obama try to present it as some sort of faux-pas, they are really demonstrating something entirely different, perhaps a difficulty to handle nuanced thoughts?

Old 04-14-2011, 03:16 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,443,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Obama's just really sorry that he actually voted in a way other than "present" and has to defend himself when the shoe is on the other foot. I don't feel one bit sorry for the hypocrit.
Like the times he said he, "pushed the wrong button"???

Old 04-14-2011, 03:16 PM

17,411 posts, read 12,028,477 times
Quote:
OOPS: President Obama says his 2006 vote against raising the debt limit was "political" and that he wasn't thinking about "what was important for the country.

Here's what Obama told ABC News's George Stephanopoulos: "I think that it’s important to understand the vantage point of a senator versus the vantage point of a ... president.

The Obama Presidency. Minute by Minute | POLITICO 44

OK
Then he needs to remember that. And quit sending his lap dog Holder out to states to tell them how to run their states.

Nothing we didn't already know. His only interest, throughout his entire life it appears, is to see how much Barry can do for Barry.

Old 04-14-2011, 03:21 PM

8,911 posts, read 5,408,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The job of a Senator is to represent his state. Sometimes, and I know many of you have difficulty understanding this very simple concept, what's good for a state is not good for the country. For instance, some Michigan legislators have proposed bailing out Detroit. Now, for the state of Michigan, a large infusion of capital into Detroit would be tremendously good for the state. But it would not be good for the country. See how that works?

So when Obama points out that the perspective of a Senator is different than the perspective of a President, and those who hate Obama try to present it as some sort of faux-pas, they are really demonstrating something entirely different, perhaps a difficulty to handle nuanced thoughts?
I agree, it is the job of a Senator to represent his state.

However, BO doesn't seem to have much respect for any else whose job it is to look out for their states. Ask Jan Brewer.

Old 04-14-2011, 03:23 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,221,105 times
Quote:
Marco Rubio
Rubio? Pocket change for the Kochs.

Obama is putting the people before the wealthy to the best he can.

Haliburton Bush on the other hand...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies