Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 04:27 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,605,751 times

Advertisements

I voted Democrat for the first time last presidential election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2011, 04:28 PM

376 posts, read 295,757 times
[quote=padcrasher;18730888]GOP base voters.
Minorities are you getting this post above?
quote]

The ones that don't make an effort to learn English sure as ___ aren't getting it. I wish they would.

I've got nothing against legal immigration and I'm not going to tell you how many Mexican friends I have because it just doesn't matter. I will say that before illegal immigration got out of hand I used to respect those that crossed the border as people willing to work hard, and wanting to leave a corrupt s**t hole and make a better life for their families. (If I had been born a in Mexico I know darn well that I'd be a starter on the Rio Grande Swim Team, taking my chances and taking my punishment). Now we seem to be getting the criminal element and the "victims". They can stay in Mexico where they've done a stellar job so far.

Old 04-14-2011, 04:36 PM

313 posts, read 284,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Would this have happened with regulated immigration?
The sad part is most of the Hispanics are legal immigrants or descendants.

We need to stop allowing a massive third world flood into this country. We let over a million each year in. It's ridiculous. We don't need asylum seekers or third world peoples.

Old 04-14-2011, 04:38 PM

313 posts, read 284,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscient1 View Post
I've got nothing against legal immigration...
So you would have no problem if we began to allow in 10 million legal immigrants a year?

Get real, we've been letting in far too many, legal and illegal, for decades.

Old 04-14-2011, 05:20 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,289,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahnyc View Post
We don't need asylum seekers or third world peoples.
Translation, non Whites.

Old 04-14-2011, 05:23 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,468,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Good for them. Now if they would start voting in higher numbers we can move this country forward.
I think they did, that is how we got Obama

Old 04-14-2011, 05:32 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,106,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahnyc View Post
So you would have no problem if we began to allow in 10 million legal immigrants a year?

Get real, we've been letting in far too many, legal and illegal, for decades.
Agreed, way too many legal and illegal.

Immigration needs to be restricted to no more than 100,000 per year complete with national quotas, education requirements, job skill requirements, etc. The national quotas would favor Europe, Asia, and British Commonwealth countries, etc

Old 04-14-2011, 05:52 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,835,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscient1 View Post
Forward to what? The Third World? If it weren't for Sam Houston, San Antonio would have a nice Mexico City style slum complete with open sewers and cardboard mansions for all.
Where did you learn your Texas history? Do you remember what happend to Sam Houston?

Old 04-14-2011, 05:53 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,651,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Would this have happened with regulated immigration?

That's my point.
True but we wouldn't have so many Irish and German sounding surnames either if they had "regulated" immigration 100 or more years ago!! The English were not too happy to have the Irish up in Boston and had "Irish Need Not Apply" signs! Many don't like the newcomers but get over it cause they're here!

Old 04-14-2011, 06:04 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,835,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Translation, non Whites.
What does "White" mean anymore...most folk claiming to be white, are as mixed as the rest of America...they just happen to be a little lighter shade.

People are funny, sometime they want to be all inclusive and rattle of a laundy list of nationalities and ethnicities they are...then they get defensive and run to the base...

Quote:
President Obama’s pet may not be a “mutt like me,” but people in the nation he leads are increasingly racially mixed. According to the Associated Press, multiracial Americans are the nation’s fastest growing group, reaching 3.4 percent of the population last year at 5.2 million—though census-takers acknowledge that the numbers are likely vastly undercounted. Demographers say the rising public profiles of self-described mixed-race Americans like Obama and golfer Tiger Woods may be impacting the rate at which people self-identify themselves as multiracial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies