Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 06:55 AM

354 posts, read 324,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
Do you make a habit out of blatantly insulting people you don't know? Why would I want to try and understand your position when you obviously make no effort to reciprocate? Debating facts is always a good thing to do. It helps everyone involved grow intellectually, but apparently this is not your intention.
You are right and I apologize. I was short with you and there really is no excuse for it except that over the past few days I have been putting up with being followed around and being personally attacked from domeone and I took it out on you. It was not right and it should not have happened but, Redneck is not the same as Hillbilly.

Quote:
And as for my definition of Redneck not being the 'true definition', I am using the most common definition as defined by society.
Ok, I understand but it is not the true definition and of course is nothing but another stereotypical definition.

Quote:
I am sure this definition is correct in a technical sense, but obviously people speak in a cultural context and in American culture, this is not in any way correct usage. We are not debating an academic textbook; we are discussing stereotypes as used in day-to-day life. There is a difference between being technically correct and being right in a debate.

Also, may I ask in which field is your Master's degree, and the University from which it came? I do consider myself an academic, and I believe intellectual people by nature should be considering and open to different views. A sign of intelligence is the ability to contemplate other opinions without any judgment for or against the person. Despite the fact that you have a Master's degree, from what I have seen by no means do you act educated.
I don't think you act like you are as educated as you say you are either. So, what does that prove njow? Not a thing really, except that you felt the need to personally attack me. There ya go, you got it done and I hope that you feel better. It seems funn y that in the same post you make a bifg deal about how I persoanlly attacked you and then you made sure you personally attacked me. I find that quite hypocritcal and not educated at all. BTW, my education is really none of your business. I am not dumb enough to post personal information about myself on the internet. I have been using and part of the internet community far too long to fall for that one. I was giving internet access to my members of my BBS long before there was ever a WWW part of it.

I apologized to you and that is far as I will go because I owe you nothing else. You are not as educated acting as you want people to believe either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2007, 07:15 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,204,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOHIllbillyWoman View Post
I don't think you act like you are as educated as you say you are either. So, what does that prove njow? Not a thing really, except that you felt the need to personally attack me. There ya go, you got it done and I hope that you feel better. It seems funn y that in the same post you make a bifg deal about how I persoanlly attacked you and then you made sure you personally attacked me. I find that quite hypocritcal and not educated at all. BTW, my education is really none of your business. I am not dumb enough to post personal information about myself on the internet. I have been using and part of the internet community far too long to fall for that one. I was giving internet access to my members of my BBS long before there was ever a WWW part of it.

I find it hard to take this post seriously when you cannot even use correct spelling. I am not attacking you personally, I am merely saying it does not appear that you consider other opinions when posting on CD forums. I might be wrong, but that is my observation.

I am also not asking you to give away personal information, I am just curious as to your field of study. For example, my degrees are in Computer Science and Business Administration. Following that, I want to point out just because you have used computer networks prior to 1991 (the year the first browser was created for the World Wide Web) does not really add anything useful to this debate.

Old 08-01-2007, 07:24 AM

Quote:
I find it hard to take this post seriously when you cannot even use correct spelling. I am not attacking you personally, I am merely saying it does not appear that you consider other opinions when posting on CD forums. I might be wrong, but that is my observation.

I am also not asking you to give away personal information, I am just curious as to your field of study. For example, my degrees are in Computer Science and Business Administration. Following that, I want to point out just because you have used computer networks prior to 1991 (the year the first browser was created for the World Wide Web) does not really add anything useful to this debate.

I don't use a spell checker, like so many do, and I type fast and get the message posted. Of course, when one feels the need to attack spelling and/or the correct English usage it shows that they have nothing to debate. Thank you for that. This is an internet forum and not a business letter, or for that matter, a thesis.

My first field of study was American History and then I went back to scool and got a degree in Electronics.

I notice that with you, you seem to think that something does not add anything useful as long as it isn't you who posted it. I do completely understand that because many people really do have inferiority complexes and the internet seems to be the way they are able to make themselves feel better about themselves. I don't edit all of my posts because I have a life outside of the internet and the computer. I also do a lot of computer graphics in my spare time. So what?

Listen, I tire of reading about how much you think of yourself and how think so little of others who have differing views. Maybe you and MexicanGuy could get together since you both seem to like to personally attack and then act like you did nothing and blame it all on the other people..

Please stick to what the thread is about or PM me.

Old 08-01-2007, 07:51 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,204,453 times
I am done with this thread, it's really not worth it...sorry for getting so off topic everyone

Old 08-01-2007, 08:25 AM

About time and thank you.

Old 08-01-2007, 08:42 AM
jco

2,121 posts, read 6,451,575 times
Please end the flame wars. Thank you.

Old 08-01-2007, 03:28 PM

No problem and will do.

Old 08-01-2007, 09:25 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,057,790 times
Too late. I'm gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies