Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 10:16 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,565,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterpetron View Post
I won't deign to start gathering all of the quotes from the various liberals here prior to the final counts how this election would be the linchpin from which the massive, inevitable and insurmountable working man's/leftist/union surge would drive from, that WI would be the first decisively won battle where the public union workers and their defenders would begin to retake their "lost rights" and defeat the evil Walker-monster, but I will ask this question...

How are things working out for ya?

Guess the public in WI, and I'd surmise many other places, don't really like having to pay for luxurious, comfortable retirements for public union workers with second homes in Florida, after "slogging" through 9-4 jobs at minimal stress and workload, with free lifetime healthcare - while they have to struggle to compete in a global economy after all.
Seeing that the law is not in effect and may be shot down, things are working out pretty good.

And 9-4 as a teacher with minimal stress? How sad it is that you are so ignorant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2011, 10:49 AM

1,123 posts, read 776,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Seeing that the law is not in effect and may be shot down, things are working out pretty good.

And 9-4 as a teacher with minimal stress? How sad it is that you are so ignorant.
The law was published, and once it passes the WI supreme court - a certainty with Prosser - it will be enforced.

Show me in my post where i mentioned only teachers?

Old 04-16-2011, 11:11 AM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,454 times
Quote:
I won't deign to start gathering all of the quotes from the various liberals here prior to the final counts how this election would be the linchpin from which the massive, inevitable and insurmountable working man's/leftist/union surge would drive from, that WI would be the first decisively won battle where the public union workers and their defenders would begin to retake their "lost rights" and defeat the evil Walker-monster, but I will ask this question...

Guess the public in WI, and I'd surmise many other places, don't really like having to pay for luxurious, comfortable retirements for public union workers with second homes in Florida, after "slogging" through 9-4 jobs at minimal stress and workload, with free lifetime healthcare - while they have to struggle to compete in a global economy after all.
What part of con uncumbant should have won by a landslide but barely squeaked through, and that required "finding" 14,000 votes under very suspicious circumstances do you not comprehend?

Old 04-16-2011, 11:24 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,387,641 times
Quote:

Not so fast, sterpetron (sterpetron????)- I found 15,000 "overlooked" votes under my sofa cushions this morning! This thing aint over yet!

Old 04-16-2011, 11:26 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,810,134 times
Repost, please search before creating new threads. //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...r-wins-wi.html

Old 04-16-2011, 11:46 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,213,816 times
Honestly Judge...the Union Boss told me I won ! ! !

Old 04-16-2011, 04:01 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
The law was published, and once it passes the WI supreme court - a certainty with Prosser - it will be enforced.

Show me in my post where i mentioned only teachers?
I don't even think it will go there.

The stay issued by the liberal activist judge has to do with the open meetings law, not the content of the bill passed into law by Walker.

She has no authority to rule on the bill.

In fact, she already threw out one of the lawsuits on that point.

Old 04-18-2011, 04:50 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Prosser declares victory and states a recount would be costly and a waste of time and money;

Prosser says recount unwarranted, costly - JSOnline

Quote:
"Admittedly the election was uncomfortably close," Prosser said at a Capitol news conference. "My opponent ran a very effective campaign. But now that all 72 counties have completed their canvasses, the result of the election is not in doubt."
Well, with democrats, you can never be sure due to the fact they are masters at finding votes in trunks and trashcans.

Quote:
"The blowback from that advertising helped to assure my re-election," he said.
Oh yes, that false, horrible ad the unions/Left ran certainly played a factor in his win, especially AFTER the victim came forward and asked them to take it down.

Good job, lefties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies