Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 05:54 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,138,344 times

Advertisements

Wow: Obama issues “signing statement” rejecting budget cuts to White House “czars” « Hot Air

Quote:
"Remember, one of the big advantages of using “czars” is that they perform cabinet-type functions without being subjected to cabinet-type confirmation hearings. Which means, in this case, not only is he reserving his right to skirt congressional scrutiny of important appointees, he’s reserving his right to force Congress to pay for it by ignoring their own funding strictures. He’s been using signing statements for a long time now, but I’m not sure there’s ever been an example this egregious.
Here’s your must-watch video of the day, from the thick of the campaign in May 2008. I’m going to call it, “Just Words.” Man, that Sullivan post is going to be epic. Exit question: If Congress sends him a bill funding the mission in Libya but demanding that he seek authorization within 60 days, is there any reason at this point to think he wouldn’t issue a signing statement accepting the money but rejecting the authorization requirement?"

YouTube - Obama on Presidential Signing Statements
Notice one of the comments below the youtube video if you view at the youtube site.

Quote:
<li data-author="StalinsLoveChild" data-score="16" data-id="Dcg7gD_YZfKNvKII8vgL28B1PfI01rynY58PI4PTem8" data-author-viewing="False" data-tag="R" class="comment">Having a lying sack of **** in the oval office is change....

StalinsLoveChild 2 years ago 16
<li data-author="libertyandlife" data-score="11" data-id="Dcg7gD_YZfKX3r3DYErw8BbZOIeYkao5FZ9flzX7T6Q" data-author-viewing="False" data-tag="R" class="comment"> . . . and so the string of broken promises continues.

libertyandlife 2 years ago 11
You know what we need in this thread? A Stickied topic of broken promises and lies from this man. I know, I know...the worshipers of the anointed one will find pathetic way after pathetic way to inaccurately defend him but still....it needs to be at the forefront of the next election.

Just words, just speeches. We told you people then, and has been confirming it over the past two years. You got those silly tingles up your legs and between the fainting and the awing and the orgasms, you failed to look at this man for who he really is. Not a messiah, not the savior. An empty suit fraud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2011, 05:56 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,328,091 times
Only us peons in the private world are expected to be subjected to budget cuts. Didn't you get that memo?

Old 04-15-2011, 05:56 PM

Look at him so sure of himself and so confident and smooth when he says "Yeah". LOL I shouldnt laugh because we know there are buffoons who still stand by this man and will vote for him again so he can continue trying to transform this country but my word, this guy has lied how many times now? And he gets away with it. People see it and some just act like nothing happened. Were you high in 2008 and just dont remember or what?

Old 04-15-2011, 06:03 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Wow: Obama issues “signing statement” rejecting budget cuts to White House “czars” « Hot Air

Notice one of the comments below the youtube video if you view at the youtube site.

You know what we need in this thread? A Stickied topic of broken promises and lies from this man. I know, I know...the worshipers of the anointed one will find pathetic way after pathetic way to inaccurately defend him but still....it needs to be at the forefront of the next election.

Just words, just speeches. We told you people then, and has been confirming it over the past two years. You got those silly tingles up your legs and between the fainting and the awing and the orgasms, you failed to look at this man for who he really is. Not a messiah, not the savior. An empty suit fraud.
You would have a lot more credibility if you could point to one of your post slamming Bush for his signing statements.

Old 04-15-2011, 06:04 PM

Quote:
You know you sure do that a lot. And youll either disappear when its proven true or youll come back with some lame ass defense.

Maybe THIS is more to your liking:

Obama Tells Congress He's Keeping His Czars

Bite me.
$10 says Tempest either disappears or pulls the "But Bush did it too!" excuse.

Old 04-15-2011, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
You would have a lot more credibility if you could point to one of your post slamming Bush for his signing statements.
Look, this isnt about Bush. Watch the video and then let me know what you have to say about OBAMA. I dont care about Bush at this point. He is out. Now it seems, Bush III is in, at least if you look at EVERYTHING Bush did that liberals bitched about and that Obama continued.

Old 04-15-2011, 06:07 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
It would be equally amusing to watch a scramble to produce the such same criticism of Bush's 33 so-called Czars.

Did folks just wake up from under a rock in January of 2009 to discover the war in Afghanistan, budget deficits, national debts, and executive office appointees?

Old 04-15-2011, 06:07 PM

Quote:
You just can't bring yourself to find any fault in Obamesiah, huh?

Feel free to link an article about Bush doing the same thing and I'd be more than happen to condemn him as well.

Old 04-15-2011, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
$10 says Tempest either disappears or pulls the "But Bush did it too!" excuse.

Someone beat her to it. But Im sure we'll see it several more times. You see, this isnt even about Bush. This is about Obama. Bush has been gone for two years. O is in the WH now and well....now he has a record. And so far that record leads to blatantly breaking promises and lies.

For the record to Padcrasher.
I was in the Navy during the entire Bush tenure. I didnt pay much attention to politics then. Only toward the end of my service did I get involved, and im still not sure why.
Part of it had to do with how Bush was treated for the war. Now looking back, I disagreed with a lot of what Bush did and some of what he did do.

This man, everyone fainted over and fawned in 2008, has proven himself to be much of what he said he wasnt. We could post example after example of blatant lies. I mean, you read what he just signed, and then you see the video from WAAAAAAY back in 2008. And this isnt just the first time he's done it.

Old 04-15-2011, 06:10 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Quote:
Look, this isnt about Bush. Watch the video and then let me know what you have to say about OBAMA. I dont care about Bush at this point. He is out. Now it seems, Bush III is in, at least if you look at EVERYTHING Bush did that liberals bitched about and that Obama continued.
Exactly.

Your post is not about "signing statements"...it's about finding another thing to bash Obama about....this time it happens to be true.

If you cared about "signing statements" and how they are an abuse of Presidential power and are unconstitutional you would have said something about them under the Bush Administration.

As the most proudly, flaming Liberal here on these boards I will gladly refer you to multiple posts of mine slamming Obama for his illegal/unconstitutional assaults on the rule of law and civil liberties.

I have principles that go beyond your tribal cheerleading.

Last edited by padcrasher; 04-15-2011 at 06:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies