Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 07:55 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times

Advertisements

Misty, first off life isn't Fair.. It never has been and it never will be. Life isn't supposed to be fair.

And then even the Feds violate age discrimination acts they make. One point in case is the newer prison in Berlin NH, where the papers stated no one over the age of 35 would be hired period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2011, 08:01 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Business people are stupid, too!
Perhaps this is true....

I prefer to think we all know different things.

Old 04-16-2011, 08:02 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Ok, we could break this down by age groups, let's say 16 to 25, 26 to 35, 36 to 45, 46 to 55, 56 to 65, and 66 to 75. That is six groups and therefore 16% of each group should be hired. This would make things fair and ensure a chance for all in the workplace. Additionally, diversity is touted as this wonderful thing so what better way to bring together the young and the old to both learn and pass down skills?

Who agrees with me? If I were running things, it's how things would be done. No more age discrimination allowed and quotas to be filled.

Thoughts?

That is the stupidest thing I have heard in an hour, here.

Forcing a business to hire like that, is not in the businesses best interest to be successful.
In your thoughtless conclusion, you neglected to see a business is not there to give someone a f'n job.

Old 04-16-2011, 08:57 AM

10,833 posts, read 14,927,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
That is the stupidest thing I have heard in an hour, here.

Forcing a business to hire like that, is not in the businesses best interest to be successful.
In your thoughtless conclusion, you neglected to see a business is not there to give someone a f'n job.
OMG, I am watching this thread because it's the most ridiculous I've ever read. Got to be a troll or Misty is in eighth grade somewhere.

Misty, know what I think is unfair? You're allowance is $10/week and I only get $5. I think you should give me $2.50 from your stash just to make it all fair, right?

Old 04-16-2011, 09:00 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,759,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
OMG, I am watching this thread because it's the most ridiculous I've ever read. Got to be a troll or Misty is in eighth grade somewhere.

Misty, know what I think is unfair? You're allowance is $10/week and I only get $5. I think you should give me $2.50 from your stash just to make it all fair, right?
Can't be. I have two eighth graders in my house and they are smarter than this to know it is not a good idea.....

Old 04-16-2011, 10:06 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,124,502 times
It's okay to express your opinion and argue it, but I think you guys are being to hard on Misty by putting her down. Grow up guys. Even I don't think Misty's idea is any good, but I don't see the point of putting her down. We should enourage discussion, not discourage it.

Old 04-16-2011, 10:08 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
It's okay to express your opinion and argue it, but I think you guys are being to hard on Misty by putting her down. Grow up guys. Even I don't think Misty's idea is any good, but I don't see the point of putting her down. We should enourage discussion, not discourage it.
There is a little "history" with the OP and her wild ideas.

Old 04-17-2011, 03:09 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,896,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
There's plenty of jobs. That's not the issue. I don't understand why people go around saying that there aren'y enough jobs.

The issue is that there are no longer jobs where there used to be and also because there's a disconnect between desired and aquired skills. While factory jobs in the midwest are down, risk management jobs in NYC are significantly up and there's not enough people to fill them.
There may be some shortages of workers in very specific areas, but even if you could retrain enough of the unemployed to fill those we would still have a very large unemployment problem. BTW Construction, not Manufacturing, is the deadest sector of the economy.

Old 04-17-2011, 05:38 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Business people are stupid, too!
really? What tax man or poly tic can fix his own stuff?

I set out to be a master mechanic, not a tax law idiot, but it seems the Govt requires i waste my time trying to understand STUPID, when I never wanted to in the first place. Now if you ask me that's stupid.

It is right?

To me it';s like this, I NEED a place to sleep. I need a Place to get cleaned up. I Need food to eat. other than that I want to get up go to work and earn enough to get the needs. Anything I earn after that is gravy, and i hate papers, and paper work.

In fact I hate that crap so bad I send in the stuff to the IRS and let them tell me what I owe, because i will be dammned if I will pay them or anyone else to take my earnings for STUPID.

When the IRS comes back waiting: waiting more: somewhere around 6 weeks after my bride is done doing make up for the 45th day or something close to it the IRS says what it is I owe.

I object and send that in and tellem to get it right, and another 6 weeks of waiting happens, and when they come up with a figure I can live with I send a check and sign it STUPID.

PS: last year I threatened the IRS with a class action law suit for the Stupid, Oh man was that fun, and they took the bait.

I got the idea from Maine, where maine refused to let me deliver a car I owned because it was in my little DEAD brothers name. That ended with a a threat to Maine for a class action law suit on discriminatoin of the DEAD, and belive you me thar's more dead Mainers than there is alive.

Maybe I should be a Govenor or something huh? As for the IRS they throw a bunch of painted worms at a chart on the wall and that's how they figure things out.

Old 04-17-2011, 06:48 PM

201 posts, read 469,844 times
As a business owner that just sits around all day watching my money grow, I have to agree with Misty. What a great idea! In fact, Driller should hire Misty so Driller can have a 55-64 year old, that smokes , cant get along with neighbors, has some kind of disability and owns their home free and clear. That way Driller should have all the quotas covered at least till she goes broke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies