U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 04:26 AM

146 posts, read 226,192 times

Advertisements

Not because he's black. And definately not because he's a Republican. Colin Powell seems to me to have always had 1 main ingredient the candidates of both parties lack. Integrity. I've never heard Colin Powell blindly get caught up in partisan politics. He follows his own logic and conscience regardless of who agrees with him and I admire that. Plus I think a former 5 star General would make an awesome Commander and Chief right now given our foreign quagmires...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2011, 04:31 AM

Oh and to appease the birthers his parents are from Jamaica but HE'S from Brooklyn...

Old 04-16-2011, 04:38 AM

4,091 posts, read 3,728,877 times
I lost all respect for him when he supported Obama in 2008. I would never vote for Powell.

Old 04-16-2011, 04:45 AM

515 posts, read 319,374 times
Why not Condy Rice ?

Old 04-16-2011, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetuna View Post
I lost all respect for him when he supported Obama in 2008. I would never vote for Powell.
That's actually when he WON my respect. All McCain/Palin offered were NO solutions and self defeating rhetoric. It takes guts to publicly support someone outside of your party affiliation when you believe they are right. Had he stuck he would have only done it for party loyalty...

Old 04-16-2011, 04:50 AM

4,091 posts, read 3,728,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrano941 View Post
It takes guts to publicly support someone outside of your party affiliation when you believe they are right.
He only supported Obama because Obama is black. Credibility went to 0. No Powell for me.

Old 04-16-2011, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragneel View Post
Why not Condy Rice ?
Because She has never been a general and was pretty much a Bush Puppet. I'd vote Hillary or even PALIN before I would Condi...

Old 04-16-2011, 04:52 AM

27,090 posts, read 7,937,261 times
I agree with you! Too bad he doesn't want the job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrano941 View Post
Not because he's black. And definately not because he's a Republican. Colin Powell seems to me to have always had 1 main ingredient the candidates of both parties lack. Integrity. I've never heard Colin Powell blindly get caught up in partisan politics. He follows his own logic and conscience regardless of who agrees with him and I admire that. Plus I think a former 5 star General would make an awesome Commander and Chief right now given our foreign quagmires...

Old 04-16-2011, 05:01 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,474 posts, read 14,525,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragneel View Post
Why not Condy Rice ?

YouTube - Condoleezza Rice Takes on Katie Couric Over Iraq Claims

Got my vote. I like the way she smiles politely as she destroys Katie Couric.

Old 04-16-2011, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetuna View Post
He only supported Obama because Obama is black. Credibility went to 0. No Powell for me.
Powell is not some hoodrat so ignorant of politics that he'd vote just to see a black president if he felt that president would ruin the country. Powell is FAR too educated to place his support solely on race. If he cared about that he wouldn't be a Republican. Not all Black people are Obama fans. I was actually for Edwards and I voted for Obama as a lesser of two evils because the McCain/Palin ticket gave America a few far fetched reasons not to vote Obama but NO reason to vote for them. McCain couldn't keep his platform straight, stick to the important issues in a debate, or say anything that would make a rational American think he was ready to lead this country out of the Bush debacle. Powell saw that even when Limbaugh didn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies