Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 07:46 PM

415 posts, read 449,475 times

Advertisements

Kind of wondering, though - how would you ( or he )cater to black Americans? Dosen't make sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2011, 08:03 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
He does not cater to us, give me a break here please. He caters to himself, and to the MEDIA SPOTLIGHT, HE has gotten on my last nerve. Think he cares about us, only fooling yourself, he is a very good actor.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:07 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Obama caters to those very people when he needs too, at the moment, and those people are whoever he thinks he needs to cater to at the moment. Kind of like a player!

Old 04-19-2011, 08:16 PM

7,922 posts, read 9,146,005 times
Going by what groups he has specifically mentioned in his speeches during the past 3 years (including campaign) I would have to say the group he most frequently mentions positively is the Muslim people.

Can't say that he "caters" to them, just that he seems to hold them in a higher regard going by his speeches.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:47 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,096,445 times
How does the "Far right" feel????

We saw this coming and were even more disgusted and worried than we were before...

Bush was not a conservative, O Bomba has been Bush III

We had a choice of Bush or extreme lefties like Al Gore or John Kerry...

We hope everyone has had enough of of this crap and there will be some genuine canitidates to vote for next time...

We started battening down the hatches and preparing for the SHTF before 9/11

As far as O Bomba catering to Blacks???

O Bomba caters to the money masters, you are a useful tool, but were all slaves...

Old 04-20-2011, 01:41 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,107,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Since this started with my post I will reiterate that I said that there are more poor white people than black people in this country so more poor white people use assistance programs than black people. I did not say welfare specifically as you are right that more black people do use TANF/welfare (or whatever your state has renamed it). But TANF/welfare is not the only assistance program in the country. The largest is Medicaid and more white people use medicaid that black people by a large majority.

Also wanted to add that payments for welfare have not gone up under Obama so your assumption that he is catering to black people on welfare is absurd. Also most states do not even pay you any additional welfare monies if you have extra children, but one can receive extra money in the form of food stamps, medicaid, and WIC, all of which the majority users are white people. So one could say that Obama is catering to poor white people more than poor black people.

But like I said before. He is not catering to black people. He hasn't done anything out of the ordinary for us. I got a lot of help from Bush as through one of his down payment assistance programs I got about 30K in grants to buy my house. Lots of black people used these programs so one could say that Bush catered to black people. The whole argument is assinine and your comments really seem as if they are similar to those of pundents who say that the president is catering the black people in attempting to sway many into believing that something is taking place for black people that isn't so.

If the president truly were catering to poor black people on welfare, there wouldn't be so many of them still on welfare now would it?
You're twisting what I said, and coming up with false arguments to support your theory against what you think I said, so I'll just leave you to believe whatever you want.

Old 04-20-2011, 02:10 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,539,180 times
Only at election time. He loves him some black folk then.

Old 04-20-2011, 02:39 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,869,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Not necessarily, I think that there are quite few folks who think that Obama is doing something special for African Americans and I would be more than interested to read how they come to such a conclusion.

I say give the OP the benefit of the doubt.
I'd say Obama caters to Liberals and Liberal causes. If anything he has gone out of his way to not look like he caters to Blacks at time to avoid being accussed of it.

Being a Democrat he will naturally be partial to their agenda which BTW is the party that has the majority of black voters which is naturally and at times viewed as catering to this demographic.

Everyone unless they're self hating will be partial at times to their own ethnic, cultural, religous or political group.

I will say that the group Obama champions,panders and caters to is Illegal Alien Hispanics , who Obama believes will gain him the Latino vote.

What he doesn't realize is that it will cost him alot more votes from Americans who can see through his blatant Hispandering. ( BTW Bush also catered to them).

Obama has tried to push the Illegal Alien agenda through incremental Amnesty ( the Dream Act), on Spanish speaking television and radio and in his speaches.

Old 04-20-2011, 05:02 AM

131 posts, read 172,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
And so the lesson is (the envelope please)...

Turn the dial on that radio! That's what it's there for.
It is not just on the radio, I hear "Obama caters to African Americans" all the time from media outlets to opinions to news boards

So I made this post to see how average people feel about this??

Old 04-20-2011, 05:03 AM

131 posts, read 172,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
I don't think he's done anything to help black people.
I had hoped that his election would, at least, improve
race relations. Unfortunately, he's done the opposite.
It has done the complete opposite . <<---totally agree
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies