Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2011, 07:13 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,199,738 times

Advertisements

but wait, YOU ARE putting quotes around words and attributing them to people who didn't say them? really? can you confirm you did that, so I can ignore everything you say in the future.

Does the ends always justify the means, even when you resort to fabricating lies?

quick question, if reagun's trickle down voodoo stuff is so great and we only need one more round of tax cuts for the wealthy, when are things it going to start trickling down and where are the waves of jobs from past tax cuts???? at some point you gotta ask yourself if we are living in the results of the mess reagun's policy created.

some good reading for you if you think Obama is wrong about anything he said... Who Rules America: Wealth, Income, and Power
They're not laughing with you ... - News & Views - Detroit Metro Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Sorry. But he DID say something to that effect.

See how goofy the obama supporters are?

They attack the people who repeat what he said, rather than the ridiculousness of what HE said.

"This is a vision that says up to 50 million Americans have to lose their health insurance in order for us to reduce the deficit. And who are those 50 million Americans? Many are someone’s grandparents who wouldn’t be able afford nursing home care without Medicaid. Many are poor children. Some are middle-class families who have children with autism or Down’s syndrome. Some are kids with disabilities so severe that they require 24-hour care. These are the Americans we’d be telling to fend for themselves.
Worst of all, this is a vision that says even though America can’t afford to invest in education or clean energy; even though we can’t afford to care for seniors and poor children, we can somehow afford more than $1 trillion in new tax breaks for the wealthy. Think about it. In the last decade, the average income of the bottom 90% of all working Americans actually declined. The top 1% saw their income rise by an average of more than a quarter of a million dollars each. And that’s who needs to pay less taxes? They want to give people like me a two hundred thousand dollar tax cut that’s paid for by asking thirty three seniors to each pay six thousand dollars more in health costs? That’s not right, and it’s not going to happen as long as I’m President.
The fact is, their vision is less about reducing the deficit than it is about changing the basic social compact in America. As Ronald Reagan’s own budget director said, there’s nothing “serious” or “courageous” about this plan. There’s nothing serious about a plan that claims to reduce the deficit by spending a trillion dollars on tax cuts for millionaires and billionaires. There’s nothing courageous about asking for sacrifice from those who can least afford it and don’t have any clout on Capitol Hill. And this is not a vision of the America I know.
The America I know is generous and compassionate; a land of opportunity and optimism. We take responsibility for ourselves and each other; for the country we want and the future we share. We are the nation that built a railroad across a continent and brought light to communities shrouded in darkness. We sent a generation to college on the GI bill and saved millions of seniors from poverty with Social Security and Medicare. We have led the world in scientific research and technological breakthroughs that have transformed millions of lives.
This is who we are. This is the America I know. We don’t have to choose between a future of spiraling debt and one where we forfeit investments in our people and our country. To meet our fiscal challenge, we will need to make reforms. We will all need to make sacrifices. But we do not have to sacrifice the America we believe in. And as long as I’m President, we won’t.
Today, I’m proposing a more balanced approach to achieve $4 trillion in deficit reduction over twelve years. It’s an approach that borrows from the recommendations of the bipartisan Fiscal Commission I appointed last year, and builds on the roughly $1 trillion in deficit reduction I already proposed in my 2012 budget. It’s an approach that puts every kind of spending on the table, but one that protects the middle-class, our promise to seniors, and our investments in the future.
The first step in our approach is to keep annual domestic spending low by building on the savings that both parties agreed to last week – a step that will save us about $750 billion over twelve years. We will make the tough cuts necessary to achieve these savings, including in programs I care about, but I will not sacrifice the core investments we need to grow and create jobs. We’ll invest in medical research and clean energy technology. We’ll invest in new roads and airports and broadband access. We will invest in education and job training. We will do what we need to compete and we will win the future."

Simply read the highlighted sentences and they mean what I said he meant.
GOP = cherry picking words "R" US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2011, 07:16 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
but wait, YOU ARE putting quotes around words and attributing them to people who didn't say them? really? can you confirm you did that, so I can ignore everything you say in the future.

Does the ends always justify the means, even when you resort to fabricating lies?

quick question, if reagun's trickle down voodoo stuff is so great and we only need one more round of tax cuts for the wealthy, when are things it going to start trickling down and where are the waves of jobs from past tax cuts???? at some point you gotta ask yourself if we are living in the results of the mess reagun's policy created.

some good reading for you if you think Obama is wrong about anything he said... Who Rules America: Wealth, Income, and Power
They're not laughing with you ... - News & Views - Detroit Metro Times

GOP = cherry picking words "R" US.
They ARE obama's words. I find them offensive. Sorry if you and your ilk want to have the government take care of you.

Old 04-17-2011, 07:19 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
This is AWESOME!

Live: Watch Sarah Palin at Wisconsin Tea Party | The Right Scoop

Unions on the periphery. Breibert taking them apart.

Go to hell, he tells them, you LOST big time.

Palin up now.
A crowd of 6500. Seems like the protests about the WalkerKoch assault had 6500 people waiting in line for the bathrooms.

Old 04-17-2011, 07:25 AM

except that is a lie too, your post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale
Have you listened to "dear leader" obama lately?

"The richest Americans are selfish. They will not pay more taxes because they want old people and children to die!"

says the leader of the baby killer crowd.
was completely fabricated! and then you put quotation marks around it.
Quote:
They ARE obama's words. I find them offensive. Sorry if you and your ilk want to have the government take care of you.
the US Constitution says the government is to provide for the general welfare of the people. Yes, I expect it to provide care to those that cannot care for themselves. I care for myself, you don't know me so don't place your distorted stereotypes onto me.

Old 04-17-2011, 07:34 AM

did fox cover this one, too? they had a great turnout, LOL, must be 4, maybe 5 there. Daniel Bentley at Medina Tea Party Rally | Medina, OH (http://gowalla.com/spots/7233640/photos/2423098 - broken link)

Quote:
That's funny, I saw it reported on Fox, as well as the other Tea Party rallies across America.

Old 04-17-2011, 07:45 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Wow.

They're taking lessons from democrats!
Yup! When ya can't lead(or have any leaders), follow....

Old 04-17-2011, 07:50 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Sorry. But he DID say something to that effect.

See how goofy the obama supporters are?

They attack the people who repeat what he said, rather than the ridiculousness of what HE said.

"This is a vision that says up to 50 million Americans have to lose their health insurance in order for us to reduce the deficit. And who are those 50 million Americans? Many are someone’s grandparents who wouldn’t be able afford nursing home care without Medicaid. Many are poor children. Some are middle-class families who have children with autism or Down’s syndrome. Some are kids with disabilities so severe that they require 24-hour care. These are the Americans we’d be telling to fend for themselves.
Worst of all, this is a vision that says even though America can’t afford to invest in education or clean energy; even though we can’t afford to care for seniors and poor children, we can somehow afford more than $1 trillion in new tax breaks for the wealthy. Think about it. In the last decade, the average income of the bottom 90% of all working Americans actually declined. The top 1% saw their income rise by an average of more than a quarter of a million dollars each. And that’s who needs to pay less taxes? They want to give people like me a two hundred thousand dollar tax cut that’s paid for by asking thirty three seniors to each pay six thousand dollars more in health costs? That’s not right, and it’s not going to happen as long as I’m President.
The fact is, their vision is less about reducing the deficit than it is about changing the basic social compact in America. As Ronald Reagan’s own budget director said, there’s nothing “serious” or “courageous” about this plan. There’s nothing serious about a plan that claims to reduce the deficit by spending a trillion dollars on tax cuts for millionaires and billionaires. There’s nothing courageous about asking for sacrifice from those who can least afford it and don’t have any clout on Capitol Hill. And this is not a vision of the America I know.
The America I know is generous and compassionate; a land of opportunity and optimism. We take responsibility for ourselves and each other; for the country we want and the future we share. We are the nation that built a railroad across a continent and brought light to communities shrouded in darkness. We sent a generation to college on the GI bill and saved millions of seniors from poverty with Social Security and Medicare. We have led the world in scientific research and technological breakthroughs that have transformed millions of lives.
This is who we are. This is the America I know. We don’t have to choose between a future of spiraling debt and one where we forfeit investments in our people and our country. To meet our fiscal challenge, we will need to make reforms. We will all need to make sacrifices. But we do not have to sacrifice the America we believe in. And as long as I’m President, we won’t.
Today, I’m proposing a more balanced approach to achieve $4 trillion in deficit reduction over twelve years. It’s an approach that borrows from the recommendations of the bipartisan Fiscal Commission I appointed last year, and builds on the roughly $1 trillion in deficit reduction I already proposed in my 2012 budget. It’s an approach that puts every kind of spending on the table, but one that protects the middle-class, our promise to seniors, and our investments in the future.
The first step in our approach is to keep annual domestic spending low by building on the savings that both parties agreed to last week – a step that will save us about $750 billion over twelve years. We will make the tough cuts necessary to achieve these savings, including in programs I care about, but I will not sacrifice the core investments we need to grow and create jobs. We’ll invest in medical research and clean energy technology. We’ll invest in new roads and airports and broadband access. We will invest in education and job training. We will do what we need to compete and we will win the future."

Simply read the highlighted sentences and they mean what I said he meant.
Great speech, and the truth.....what do you find so bad about it? That is asks your ONLY God , The Wealthy, to pay taxes???

Old 04-17-2011, 08:11 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
and your media mouthpiece is an Australian media mogul. FYI, OUR NATION, MINE as well as yours, was built on the backs of the immigrants that came before us, We are a nation of immigrants, get use to it.
LEGAL immigrants.

No matter how many rude union protesters were out, the question to ask is why would she go there, the ground zero of that "great awakening" of the sleeping union giant and the heart of liberalism?

Like she and the TP in WI didn't KNOW they would come out.

Old 04-17-2011, 08:21 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Here is what Obama really said about that issue:

Patriotic Millionaires | Renew Call for Higher Taxes | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

“I don’t need another tax cut,” President Obama told the country in a speech Wednesday. “Warren Buffett doesn’t need another tax cut. … And I believe that most wealthy Americans would agree with me. They want to give back to the country that’s done so much for them. Washington just hasn’t asked them to. “

Old 04-17-2011, 08:24 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
No idea why some people still put any credence in what Breifart might say. Everyone has long been ignoring Palin as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies