Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 07:26 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,827,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I hear white folks complain about how over 90% of blacks voted for Obama. They seem to be upset with blacks voting for Obama.

The question I always ask( that does not get answered) is, whom should have blacks voted for, if not Obama and why?
IT leads me to think that many whites just don't want blacks to "look out" for each other, you know, the way whites have been doing for years.

Trust my word, when we have our first Hispanic President, the outcome will be the same for Hispanics. Rightfully so.

Every race wants to be represented at "the top".

So white folks can YOU answer my question?
I'm Whte. I don't care.

Who knows? I would've voted for McCain if he hadn't had a bubble brain for a running mate.

Palin,,,,was a joke,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2011, 07:30 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,456,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
He's bi-racial (half White), not Black.

Just thought I'd clear that up.
Tell that to all the mixed people who constantly get put in the same box as "black" every day. A good percentage of "black" people are mixed, but since they look black and people treat them like they're black and they often feel black, they don't correct other people who call them black and often just call themselves black.

Old 04-17-2011, 07:31 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I hear white folks complain about how over 90% of blacks voted for Obama. They seem to be upset with blacks voting for Obama.

The question I always ask( that does not get answered) is, whom should have blacks voted for, if not Obama and why?
IT leads me to think that many whites just don't want blacks to "look out" for each other, you know, the way whites have been doing for years.

Trust my word, when we have our first Hispanic President, the outcome will be the same for Hispanics. Rightfully so.

Every race wants to be represented at "the top".

So white folks can YOU answer my question?
We are all Americans here.
Someone long ago, placed the races against each other for political gain.
Divide and conquer

Old 04-17-2011, 07:34 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,456,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehigh Valley Native View Post
OK sensitive sally, he is multiracial.

But if you prefer to believe he is black, hey more power to you. Whatever positives thoughts you need to lift yourself out of the ghetto. I'm all for it.
Does anyone else see how racist this statement is?

Old 04-17-2011, 07:50 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,246,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denton56 View Post
What would say if 90% of white people voted for a white candidate? Sounds like they can't think for themselves, and only vote based on skin color, doesn't it? Sounds rather racist, doesn't it?

Why would you think that Obama would look out for you just because you share skin color? Should blue eyed people only vote for other blue eyed people because they will ''look out for us"? How silly.

I couldn't care less what color our President is or what color is eyes are. Why does race matter SO MUCH to liberals?!
Haven't you noticed that it's the conservative, Whites who always start the race threads? So really. Just who is it that so concerned with race?

Old 04-17-2011, 08:28 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,733,562 times
It's not like Obama is the first black man, er sorry, multi-ethnic man, to run for president. Yet he's the first non-white man to win. So why did he win and not, say, Jesse Jackson in 1984 or 1988, if it really does depend so much on the votes of African Americans?

I'd also be interested to know how many people voted for McCain just because Palin is a woman.

Old 04-17-2011, 08:32 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
But why in the Democratic primary.....between two liberals......did blacks overwhelimingly choose Obama over Hillary???? Looks like a skin color vote to most.

Don't forget......you need to throw "gender" into this mix.

How many would simply not vote for a woman?

Old 04-17-2011, 08:40 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,300,646 times
White people vote for white people all the time, how is that any different? Maybe because...wait for it....that's all that ever ****ing runs.

Old 04-17-2011, 08:55 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
It's hard to accept because there are is he wmillions of us who could see from the very beginning that no matter what color his skin as going to be a disaster for this country. We knew that all the BS that his worshipers were buying was just that, BS. We knew that he would get elected with the help of millions of black people who chose to vote for him based on his skin color instead of his capability and experience.

As a white guy I don't care who you're proud of, this country is more important than your pride in a candidate based on his skin color.

More like the majority of us could see that McCain/Palin would have totally destroyed this country.

Old 04-17-2011, 08:59 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,700,997 times
Why do rural, working class white people fervently support Sarah Palin, despite the evidence of her lies and inabilities? She recently got on national TV and perpetuated the internet lie that Obama spent $2 million to hide his birth certificate. Proven false, but when someone looks, acts, and thinks like you, you're going to be much more forgiving of their sinful behavior and inabilities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies