Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 07:10 PM

1,230 posts, read 1,036,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Yep, nail on the head MQ.

"I can't disprove your point, therefore you must be a government agent of evil"

People try to tell me about cellular equipment all the time, I'm an engineer and work in the field, but I'm don't know anything about that either.
No, nail missed and thumb hit. What do you not understand about the simple statement 'there is no way to tell whether and anonymous poster on a forum is an eyewitness'? A simple unembellished statement that does not say anything about the anonymous poster such as that they are evil or whatever. There is simply no way of knowing.

Do you have a way of knowing anything for certain about an anonymous poster unless you know them personally? If so, let us know.

I take it you might be convinced if I told you I am a former National Spelling Bee champ? But the reality is, that no matter what I say you have no way of knowing one way or the other without some reliable way to dismiss or verify the claim. Since you do not even know my name, you have no way of verifying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2011, 07:18 PM

3,727 posts, read 7,012,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
The most common comment we get when people view the site is, "I had no idea how big it was."

I know the coverage away from the NY metro area wasn't what it was here. I had a coworker for a while who was working in Chicago and came back to NY after three weeks. She said there was no longer any coverage about the WTC on the news every day there, but when she got back home it was still an every day lead item on the news here.

That explains to me why so many people had so many misconceptions about a "quick cleanup". They had no idea about Fresh Kills and what they were doing there, the barges carting the debris down the Arthur Kill to Fresh Kills, the temporary morgue set up under the FDR, the endless stories of survivors and the dead and what was going on at the pile, etc. Every minute aspect of the aftermath was covered here, but apparently not elsewhere.
...the daily body part count in the Daily news.

Old 04-17-2011, 07:35 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,214,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Talk to the survivors--they are everywhere. You can find them easily at the WTC Tribute Center on the south side of the WTC site. All of the volunteers are either survivors, live in the neighborhood, or are family members. The Tribute Center, The New York Historical Society, the Museum of the City of New York, even the state museum in Albany, all have compiled oral histories that you can hear on audio.

You can also read books--I recently read 102 Minutes for the first time, which seems to be more comprehensive than the documentary of the same name. There are others as well--Tower Stories is good, Touching History, about the commercial and military air response is good, and Covering Catastrophe--interviews with reporters who were at the sites that day is pretty interesting, too, from their perspective.

They aren't arguments against the conspiracy theories, but you would come to realize that the facts just don't jibe with what you have been told.

In the extreme, I suppose it will be argued that all the books, all the recordings, all the witnesses, are just part of a huge conspiratorial backup effort to aid the coverup, but does that REALLY make sense? It gets to the point where that idea is just too farfetched to swallow.
I hear you MQ!

The security in the towers (I and II) were pretty tough ( I worked in tower #4) even in 1998 - where is the security footage of people planting bombs? Another conspiracy? All that security and where are the missing hours of footage while spec ops rigged the buildings to fall after a hologram slammed into them?

Maybe the Illuminati planned it all, with their super-special invisible powers they have.

Old 04-17-2011, 07:36 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,406,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman57 View Post
Further, I am sure there is NOT a thing you could learn about 9-11-01 from these:

Killtown's:* 250+ 9/11 'Smoking Guns' Found in the Mainstream Media - Connecting the dots.

9/11 Facts
Pretty impressive list. I think I've seen that before.

Also how many movies depicting a 9/11 even were produced before it actually happened? They say the movie industry usually has the heads up and gets the go ahead by the elites to produce the movie and then down the road, something pretty close to what occurred n that movie actually takes place.

Old 04-17-2011, 07:50 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,214,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Pretty impressive list. I think I've seen that before.

Also how many movies depicting a 9/11 even were produced before it actually happened? They say the movie industry usually has the heads up and gets the go ahead by the elites to produce the movie and then down the road, something pretty close to what occurred n that movie actually takes place.
How many?

Hollyweird has the INTEL, because the military gives it to them so they can make a movie about it before it really happens? No words for that!

According to the "movies", earth will be taken over by alien robots, zombies will take over the earth, dumb blondes will remain as such, Tom Cruise is six feet tall, Angelina Jolie is a virgin, "special" kids go to Hogwarts...movies?

Good to know where the intelligence behind the argument is coming from!

Old 04-17-2011, 08:08 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,272,643 times
I'm guessing that about 30% of the population believes that the Government was behind 911, and approves.

Old 04-17-2011, 08:24 PM

1,230 posts, read 1,036,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
How many?

Hollyweird has the INTEL, because the military gives it to them so they can make a movie about it before it really happens? No words for that!

According to the "movies", earth will be taken over by alien robots, zombies will take over the earth, dumb blondes will remain as such, Tom Cruise is six feet tall, Angelina Jolie is a virgin, "special" kids go to Hogwarts...movies?

Good to know where the intelligence behind the argument is coming from!
I hear you and certainly not every media production is "predictive".

Look up Simpsons 9/11 or NYC vs Homer Simpson - a 1997 episode- just because it is pretty amusing.

Old 04-17-2011, 08:59 PM

24,481 posts, read 33,175,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
I can't wait for the answer to that one.
What did they do with the actual planes
and four plane loads of people?
The answer will no doubt be a silly one, like the government is "hiding them."

Old 04-17-2011, 09:08 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,272,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
The answer will no doubt be a silly one, like the government is "hiding them."

Most likely they were liquidated near Cleveland.

http://www.rense.com/general71/asd.htm

Some may have been kept alive for intersexing at Wright Patterson AFB.

But hey - you didn't hear it from me.

Last edited by ergohead; 04-17-2011 at 09:42 PM..

Old 04-17-2011, 09:34 PM

2,149 posts, read 1,507,875 times
Cleveland? Hmmm........funny you mention Cleveland:

WCPO.com - The Web site of WCPO-TV in Cincinnati, Ohio
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies