Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 10:03 AM

1,092 posts, read 2,699,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallbanger View Post
I'm really wondering if people actually read the posts here. You obviously don't. If was said several times that the term brown would only apply to those who have a brown skin color, not to those who are black or white.
Obviously the one that is not reading is you, I was replying back to anunidentifiedmale, not the entire thread, about his comment.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2011, 10:04 AM

415 posts, read 449,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTKing View Post
Obviously the one that is not reading is you, I was replying back to anunidentifiedmale, not the entire thread, about his comment.....
If you had read the thread, you would have noticed that it ( his comment - by me, for instance. ) was explained several times. So, no, it's you who did not read it.

Old 04-18-2011, 10:06 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Well, extremist groups are passing laws through the government of France, so they can't be that extremist.

Technically that's true in Japan, but it's such a homogenous culture that it's very hard to ever assimilate culturally. Trust me.
When extremism is a part of the government, it doesn't come as a surprise that they can push through their agenda. The problem with such religion based laws is that the two extremes can actually get on one side.

A country with homogenous culture has helped itself by not segregating the very few that aren't a part of that definition. They could have easily done it, the way it has been taken towards another extreme in Singapore.

Old 04-18-2011, 10:08 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
You will find extremist groups in ANY country that will push for their agenda. But that doesn't take away anything from the fact that in France, racial profiling is not a part of the census, and in Japan, one is a Japanese the moment they are a citizen. Their nationality (origin) does not matter going forward.

Not really. First of all, very, very few people (gaijin) who want to become Japanese are granted citizenship, and those few who do get it are still, for all intents and purposes, gaijin.

Old 04-18-2011, 10:11 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,705,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallbanger View Post
That the people in Japan ( or even France ) treat you differently. That was your claim, and I asked you to elaborate on it. It never happened to me.
What is your race? Certainly not black.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:18 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Perhaps it is time for Americans to grow up and recognize that the people of the United States are Americans, not Hispanic/Latino, Asian, European, African... the way they do it in Japan and France. Once you're a citizen, you're an... AMERICAN.
For once I'm in 100% agreement with you.

It's one thing for people to hang on to their ethnic ancestry but the government needs to drop it.

A citizen is a citizen. And in the eyes of the government that should be the end of it.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:00 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,527,668 times
But, doesnt Hispanic mean "from a country that speaks Spanish" ?? what has that have to do with ethnicity, skin colour etc??
I think a big part of Americans confuse the term "hispanic" with some racial type, and it has nothing to do with that.
Example: an Argentinian person its percieved as "Hispanic" (wich is correct) when its in USA, but since Hispanic means "brown" there, then people gets confused when they see argentinians (a 90% white country) that arent brown or dark skinned. When i lived in the US they told me "how come you are hispanic and you are white?" They couldnt believe it when i told them than in Argentina most of the people is white/caucasian .

So, yeah, Fujimori is Hispanic, of course, and his race, wich is a different thing, must be asian from what i can see in the pictures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies